NFL Monday Night Football on ESPN

TFoA

Well the interface looks like dooky. Seriously, they should'nt have changed the old ESPN SNF Interface because IMO, it was perfect. Now they have some sort of "thing" at the bottom, reminds me of a Live-action version of an old Madden game, IMO. So yeah, I don't like it.

But the good thing is, they got rid of Mike Patrick and the other guy, who I hated because they complained about every single thing that happened. So, my thoughts on ESPN MNF: Meh?

Note: Tell me this hasn't been discussed before.

The NFL should be very proud of the way ESPN handeld Monday Night football.

Tony Kornheiser is a excellent addition (the white-bald guy from Pardon the Interruption). They brought up that one of the offensive coordinators on the Raiders sidelines has been out of football for 3 years, during those 3 years away from football running a bed and breakfast. New Lead announcer, Mike Torico, suggessted his new salary is a bit higher then most would have suspected, and Kornheiser agreed he wasn't worth the money being given to him.

Joe Theisman disagreed, defending the money going to the Oakland coordinator, which is when Kornheiser said... "He's been running a bed and breakfast for three years, your comfortable with him getting that kind of money and running your offense?" Theisman responded "Yes." A dramatic pause, and Kornheiser shot back, "Why not just throw that same salary at Bob Newhart... I hear he ran a great bed and breakfast in the 80's."

Kornheiser is great, and really shut Theisman up.

ESPNs version of Monday Night football shows a promising future in my opinion and the new scoreboard at the bottom of the screen is very innovative. Any other opinions?

I don't like the scorebar. I don't like the play-by-play guy Torico either. His voice doesn't flow the way a play by play guy should. He's good for golf not football. I think he needs to be moved to the studio and they need to bring back Mike Patrick who did the Sunday Night Games.

I have a question why didn't they just move the Sunday Night team to Monday Night when they let Michaels go?

Mike Tirico is the same guy who usually does the NBA broadcasts (and has done quite a bit in the past, if I'm not mistaken), and while his voice is good, I don't know about the degree of analysis that he can provide, no matter the sport.

I like Tony Kornheiser's addition because he can be controversial, and I like that he doesn't necessarily offer the most scientific of explanations. But he's the color guy in the booth for that reason - to add color.

Joe Theismann isn't that great, and he seems like he's going to tear Kornheiser's throat out by the end of the year, but I think that it's at least a decent start.

The NFL should be very proud of the way ESPN handeld Monday Night football.

Tony Kornheiser is a excellent addition (the white-bald guy from Pardon the Interruption). They brought up that one of the offensive coordinators on the Raiders sidelines has been out of football for 3 years, during those 3 years away from football running a bed and breakfast. New Lead announcer, Mike Torico, suggessted his new salary is a bit higher then most would have suspected, and Kornheiser agreed he wasn't worth the money being given to him.

Joe Theisman disagreed, defending the money going to the Oakland coordinator, which is when Kornheiser said... "He's been running a bed and breakfast for three years, your comfortable with him getting that kind of money and running your offense?" Theisman responded "Yes." A dramatic pause, and Kornheiser shot back, "Why not just throw that same salary at Bob Newhart... I hear he ran a great bed and breakfast in the 80's."

Kornheiser is great, and really shut Theisman up.

ESPNs version of Monday Night football shows a promising future in my opinion and the new scoreboard at the bottom of the screen is very innovative. Any other opinions?

Highlight of the night. Kornheiser's gonna be a nice addition to MNF.

I like Tirico doing play-by-play. He just has a nice flow to his delivery, he does his homework, and he doesn't try to constantly make jokes between plays, like other announcers do.

Im glad McGuire is gone I hated him I hate Theisman as it is and they both hate the Dolphins and it makes them unbearable when the Phins are on ESPN.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Other than Mike Tirico, it's a great crew. I nearly threw-up listening to him butcher The Open Championship telecast in July and now that's he's on MNF, I hate him even more.

Tony Kornheiser is like Dennis Miller, only funny and with more than an ounce of football knowledge. I love him. Joe Theisman can be a loud mouth, but at least he backs it up, unlike his former partner Paul McGuire.

The scoreboard needs to go.

teams-1.png

I hate the scorboard, i now think Fox has the best scoreboard

Kornheiser was a perfect addition to sunday night football, i still dont like joe thiesman. Wilbon need to be on NBA on ABC full time, I love Pardon The Interuption

Wilon need to be on NBA on ABC full time, I love Pardon The Interuption

Will it now be the NBA on ESPN on ABC? :blink:

oh yea i forgot lmao, how dumb, CBS is the only network yet to do something dumb with their sports

oh yea i forgot lmao, how dumb, CBS is the only network yet to do something dumb with their sports

Right you are! They're very traditional with their branding and as long as they keep Jim Nantz on for golf and football, I'm happy.

teams-1.png

I wasn't a huge fan of Tony Kornheiser when he was on PTI, but let me just say I think he's perfect for MNF. His wittiness adds to the broadcast in ways that Dennis Miller often failed at. Tirico and Theismann are ok, I have no beef with either.

That damn scorebar has got to go. Someone please start a petition to show that thing the door. Please. :wacko:

I don't mind the concept of the "scoreboard" -- just the placement and, to a lesser extent, the size.

What they're using would work just as well in the upper corners like the old one did.

Worst yet, if this is the new "ESPN look", are they going to use this same scoreboard on the college games??? Yuck.

But then again, we saw NBC do some tweaking between its first and second games. Let's see if Fox and ABC do the same.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Where is Mike Patrick? Tirico is just boring. I liked the back and forth between Kornheiser and Theismann though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Patrick is now going to do college football, and Michaels was actually traded to NBC. I forget the exact terms of the deal, but I know that it involved the rights to some cartoon that used to be owned by Disney but was later bought by Universal years ago.

Archived