"New" Football Uniform Template

mohelmets

I know this probably isn't in the right area, but I'm hoping to get more help and C&C here....

I was asked a couple of times about why one of my uniforms had no arms or a head...I told them that the template was made that way....So, just out of curiosity, I took parts of three other templates and combined them into one...

First, I only take the credit for combining the elements of those three templates...This wouldn't have come about if not for the baseball template of Rmered and two variations of football uniform/helmet templates by Tempest...All I did was combine the arms and head of the baseball template, along with the uniforms and helmets from two separate templates....This is the result...

I've hit a small stumble after I put this together....I want the jaw padding to be realistic looking.....If anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish this, I'd appreciate any suggestions....

I still have a small amount of cleanup on the facemask and helmet shell to do, but let me know what you think....

btw.....I made this in Photoshop, so if it ever becomes a template (with Rmered and Tempest's permission, of course), then it would be available in raster format...I don't have the skills to accomplish this in vector format...Right now, the basic template for Photoshop is a whopping 12mb at it's current size (2900x7300 pixels)...

I tried to make it big enough to fit here so you could see the details and maybe see something that needs fixing...

I'm also making this with the other collar version as well....I'm planning on doing the side and rear views as well....I may even attemp it with Axl007's revolution helmets, too...

Thanks,

Mike

FullUniformwithHelmet.gif

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

If I may, I will make a MSPainterized version for all of us in here who can't afford those expensive progam ahahhaha

thanx... It's a very nice template

It's not finalized yet.....I only have this one view done so far, as well....If you can wait about a week or so, I should have it done then...

I will make a Paint version as well when I get it completed...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Man I had that posted when I did my Dallas Cowboys, concept a month ago. I used the guy from the baseball template and put him in the uniform with a team style hat on. I didn't see anybody use it before I did so not to sound like an ass but I did it first

"a month ago"

"I did it first"

Son, please read the post my Fiasco. That is a template worked up by the talented Mr. Malek well over a year ago.

Plus, with far better proportion.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Man I had that posted when I did my Dallas Cowboys, concept a month ago. I used the guy from the baseball template and put him in the uniform with a team style hat on. I didn't see anybody use it before I did so not to sound like an ass but I did it first

try 2 years ago, champ.

Why can't you paint users just copy / paste that image into paint? Do you need a special version?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

joel_fiasco,

I was unaware that a similar template even existed....I'm not saying that mine was the first to come out....I just wanted to satisfy my own curiosity to see what it would look like...I'm actually quite pleased with it so far....I'm not even taking credit for it other than just cutting and pasting various elements together to form one template...Other people deserve the credit, because I couldn't have done it without their wonderful templates...Also, is there anywhere to obtain the template you used?

nwtrailtrekker & TNT44,

Do I need to make it without shadows? That can be done, no problems, it will just take a bit more time to wipe the shadows off to come up with a plain template...

Bigdub81....

I actually saved your concept you did for the Carolina Panthers....The one with arms, head and stylized caps....That is kind of where I got the idea from....All I really did from there was add the helmet, so I guess they are basically the same, except for that particular detail....I just wanted to see if I could add the helmet and make the whole package look half way decent....So, you deserve a bit of the credit as well for the inspiration...Thanks...

If there are any ideas about jaw padding, I'm still looking for a way to do those...

Thanks for the comments....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

An update to how it's going....

Front view is completed....I now have the back view to do, which shouldn't take long, but do to my work schedule, it won't be until late next week until these are done....

I also won't be doing a side view....I forgot that the baseball template I got the head and arms from doesn't have a side view...so this will only be front and back views only....

I zipped one of the .psd files last night to see how much l could shrink it....not too bad....Got it from 12mb down to 4.5mb...

I will also make a shadowless version of this, plus a version with shadows for Paint users....

Remember, this will only be available in Photoshop and Paint formats...If someone wants to try making it into a vector version, go ahead....I would love to see it and have it vectorized...

Look for this in 5 or 6 days...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Looks great.

I will replace the one I host with this one once it's finished.

(If that's OK mkers?)

PS All I did was host them for people here to download, Tempest, Nick1733 and someone else whose name I don't know, did the work.

That would be Jim, jpslapshot22

OK, a big WELL DONE to jp, font savant, as well

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

"a month ago"

"I did it first"

Son, please read the post my Fiasco. That is a template worked up by the talented Mr. Malek well over a year ago.

QUOTE (bigdub81 @ Thursday, August 24th, 2006 - 14:37:10)

try 2 years ago, champ.

Ok well forgive me but I havent been on this forum that long and as far as I know since that time i've been the only one to do a template like that cause' i was just trying something different at the time myself. I'm not saying that nothing is wrong with his template i just thought i did it first. and really until i see proof otherwise i'm gonna claim my template. but the one mike made is really good i'm not knocking it cause he went a step further with the helmet

"a month ago"

"I did it first"

QUOTE (bigdub81 @ Thursday, August 24th, 2006 - 14:37:10)

try 2 years ago, champ.

Ok well forgive me but I havent been on this forum that long and as far as I know since that time i've been the only one to do a template like that cause' i was just trying something different at the time myself. I'm not saying that nothing is wrong with his template i just thought i did it first. and really until i see proof otherwise i'm gonna claim my template. but the one mike made is really good i'm not knocking it cause he went a step further with the helmet

Giant signature alert!

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

Archived