NBA Jerseys now have the Adidas logo on the front

stlfan452

The logo will not be on the game jerseys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2404020

As part of the deal, adidas will also have its logos on WNBA, NBDL and replica jerseys. NBA warm-ups and practice gear will add the familiar adidas stripes. However, the adidas logo will not appear on the outside of any official jerseys.

"Having only the team logo and the NBA logo helps reinforce our brand," Stern said. "I won't say it's a 'forever' policy; but right now, those are the only marks that appear on the NBA uniform."

If you notice the shoes, all are adidas endorsers, so I'm sure they're wearing Swingmans with the logo on them just for the shoot.

for adidas that doesnt help promote their brand very well.

Yea, but they are assuming the Reebok contract and Reebok was not allowed to put their logo on the game uniforms. I don't think the NBA has ever allowed manufacturers logos on game jerseys.

i noticed this on the cover as well, and i thought this had been cleared up before, i doubt they will be on there in the games. on another note, on the cover you have kevin garnett of the t-wolves, chauncey billups of the detroit pistons, tracy mcgrady of the houston rockets, gilbert arenas of the washington wizards, and tim duncan of the san antonio spurs. on the twolves jersey the adidas logo is white, which matches fine, on the rockets jersey it is black, which matches the drop shadows and works fine, on the spurs jersey it is black and matches fine, on the wizards jersey it is white and matches fine, but on the pistons jersey it is black so it matches nothing on the whole jersey which really bothers me. if they do end up on the jersey (and even if these are just swingmans) they need to change the fact that they have only black and white logos. on some jerseys the logo just looks silly, like on denvers home jersey where it will stand out like a sore thumb.

The logo will not be on the game jerseys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2404020

As part of the deal, adidas will also have its logos on WNBA, NBDL and replica jerseys. NBA warm-ups and practice gear will add the familiar adidas stripes. However, the adidas logo will not appear on the outside of any official jerseys.

"Having only the team logo and the NBA logo helps reinforce our brand," Stern said. "I won't say it's a 'forever' policy; but right now, those are the only marks that appear on the NBA uniform."

If you notice the shoes, all are adidas endorsers, so I'm sure they're wearing Swingmans with the logo on them just for the shoot.

Yea, David Stern is standing pat with this issue. He will never allow adidas logo on the jerseys. He didn't let Starter, Champion, Nike, Puma or Reebox do it, dont expect much change now that addidas is on board now.

But I did notice they are all adidas endorcers, so i agree, i think those are swingmans they are all wearing, or jerseys especially made for them.

I have to admit though, the adidas logo does look nice on the jerseys, just change the logo color on billups and mcgrady jerseys

Not to sound too stupid, but what is the difference between a Swingman jersey and an authentic one?

basically, the numbers and material are the most notable differences. authentic lettering is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-3 layers, depending on team. however, swingman numbers are one layer, but are screenprinted to make it look like however many layers are used to make the real lettering, complete with faux stitching (not too noticeable on a Celtics jersey, but very much so on a Nuggets jersey). And the type of mesh used is generally only real noticeable if you take a swingman and authentic side by side. Just about the only exception I ever saw was the T-Mac era Magic uniform, where the swingman versions didn't have the star pattern.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not to sound too stupid, but what is the difference between a Swingman jersey and an authentic one?

They are very good imitations of NBA jerseys. to a relativly untrained eye they look just like the real ones. especially the ones that aren't really shiny.

unlike the replicas which really look like crap, swingman jerseys are fairly affordable (like 70 bucks compared to 160 for authentics - like 40-50 for replicas) and look pretty good because they have the numbers sewn on instead of screen printed.

if you are not extremly picky on having an authentic jersey but still want a nice looking replica i suggest swingman.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived