Hockey movies

Notch Novelty

Well since I have the whole script memorized, I gotta go with The Mighty Ducks.  It was the movie that got me started with skating.  Then when my knee got torn up, D2 came out along with the Sharks playof run.  That's how I became I hockey loving guy.

But in order:

1. The Mighty Ducks

2. Slap Shot

3. Mystery, Alaska

4. D2: The Mighty Ducks

5. D3: The Mighty Ducks

Honorable Mention: Miracle (The trailer looks awesome!)

Honroable Mention2: EdTV (Before you scratch your head, there was a scene where MAtthew McConeghey (boy I botched that name) was driving the zamboni during a Sharks game.)  Only the 2nd time that anything San Jose Sharks has been seen on the silver screen.  Does anyone know what was the other time?  You really have to think to remember it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

1. Slap Shot

2. Mighty Ducks

3...get ready for this...Slap Shot 2

saw the other two Ducks movies, but haven't really seen any other hockey movies.  And Rog, i recall a short story (or was it a short cartoon?) called "The Sweater," a young boy in Quebec wore his favorite Habs sweater every day til it got too small, and his mom absentmindedly orders him a Maple Leafs jersey as a replacement, resulting in ridicule for the poor kid :D

i'm sort of hoping i'm right

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And Rog, i recall a short story (or was it a short cartoon?) called "The Sweater," a young boy in Quebec wore his favorite Habs sweater every day til it got too small, and his mom absentmindedly orders him a Maple Leafs jersey as a replacement, resulting in ridicule for the poor kid :D

Oh, this does sound familiar.  I think a friend of mine read me that once from her French textbook, because she thought I'd think it was cool, and she also needed some backstory, because she didn't know anything about hockey.

Of course, every time she spoke French at me, I responded with "je mange france."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i recall a short story (or was it a short cartoon?) called "The Sweater," a young boy in Quebec wore his favorite Habs sweater every day til it got too small, and his mom absentmindedly orders him a Maple Leafs jersey as a replacement, resulting in ridicule for the poor kid :D

Ahh yes, "The Hockey Sweater".

About a kid who idolizes Maurice Richard, and who outgrows his Habs jersey. Orders a new Canadiens jersey, but Timothy Eaton (the 'villain' of the story lol) sends him a Leafs jersey. For some reason, the kid is compelled to wear it in front of his friends, is mocked, throws a temper tantrum, and the story ends with him having to go to church to pray for forgiveness.

Kind of an odd ending, but it is very much a Canadian classic. It's one of those things that should be required reading for all 6-8 year olds, to combat all those evil American influences such as Barney and The Magic School Bus.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Slap Shot is the best hockey movie ever. I was watching Lethal Weapon 3 the other night and I noticed something. During the scene when Joe Pesci's character Loe Getz gets shot on the rink, they used footage of a Maple Leafs at Kings game, but whne they showed the players up close, the "Kings" old silver and black logo had been changed. It was the same shap and colors, but they took the Kings off it and replaced it with the old L.A. Express USFL logo. The Leafs were also changed from the leaf to a Spade.

"Hanrahan, Suzanne sucks :censored:!!!" "She's a Lesbian, A LESBIAN!!!"

93-94canucks.jpg

How could anyone forget to mention Sudden Death with JC Van Damme :D . Wasn't it Pittsburgh and LA in Game 7 of the finals? At least they were able to use the real teams...

It was Pittsburgh and Chicago in the Cup Finals.  Luc Robitaille had some profane lines in that movie.  And a shocker!  The vice president was in attendence at the game.

Also note: the SC logo they used wasn't used in the NHL.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Sudden Death was a horrendous movie it felt like it was throw a dart and come up with a concept.

It started out with ok lets have Die Hard at a sporting event, so they placed ona dart board the world series, NBA Finals, Super BOwl and Stanley CUp FInals.

So it lands on Stanley Cup Finals and they make the movie, andpeople who know nothing about hockey make the movie.

The Igloo does open and I guess they had to establish that the roof opens. But a intermission fire works display. Considering the finals occur in late May or Early June and its game 7 opening the roof would create a fog and cuase the ice to mealt in the arena so bad the game would be stopped right there.

However the all time worst moment is when Jean-Claude Van Damme takes over in the pipes. THat was so awful and then he had  to do the sign language for his children, its moments like that, is why I hardly go to the moives and was gald I watched this disaster on Pay Per View.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived