New Endzone Designs

njmeadowlanders

I actually got a sneak preview of the Patriots end zones at Gillette during yesterday's Revolution-Red Bull NY game, and I like how they added the NFL logos in the end zones. The flying elvis on the opposite ends is ok, although I'd prefer the AFC logos instead.

I noticed the Browns have CLEVELAND in a nice orange script...something from a softball uniform. Pretty sweet looking. I also noticed Houston has a slightly different endzone. Anything else you've seen around the league?

I must have seen a different game.

All I saw was "Cleveland" set in Brush Script.

:mad:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I noticed the Browns have CLEVELAND in a nice orange script...something from a softball uniform.  Pretty sweet looking.  I also noticed Houston has a slightly different endzone.  Anything else you've seen around the league?

I will assume that they are attempting t go with the enitre "60 yseason" theme. Their field markings (10, 30, etc.) look amateur.

I noticed the Browns have CLEVELAND in a nice orange script...something from a softball uniform.  Pretty sweet looking.  I also noticed Houston has a slightly different endzone.  Anything else you've seen around the league?

I will assume that they are attempting t go with the enitre "60 yseason" theme. Their field markings (10, 30, etc.) look amateur.

i thought cleveland's endzones looked very lame! the brush script is tacky and so 1980's! The yard markers were in a block style that was okay...not too much different than some college fields. all in all, have the browns ever had a good looking uniform or field????? no in my opinion!

SignatureCCSL.png

I actually got a sneak preview of the Patriots end zones at Gillette during yesterday's Revolution-Red Bull NY game, and I like how they added the NFL logos in the end zones. The flying elvis on the opposite ends is ok, although I'd prefer the AFC logos instead.

The flying Elvis logos next to the wordmark looked redundant, especially since the "P's" already have an Elvis on them. New England's endzones need something other than just the wordmark, and I agree that they should use the AFC logo as well as the NFL logo. Kind of like it was in 1994.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't like the Browns end-zone look as well. Midfield had their [60] logo which was fine. Better than that 3-D helmet! One endzone read "Cleveland" the other read "Browns" in that brush-stroke script. I'm not sure where the font came from. It just doesn't look "throw-back" at all. It looks cheezy! It would look better if they went to the diamond pattern: <B> <R> <O> <W> <N> <S> . I tink they did that at one time.

I remember in the late 70s, early 80s they had a 3-D helmet (single bar facemask) centered in the end-zone. That was it. I think there was a time it read "BROWNS" in a smaller size in each endzone twice. Sort of how the Jets did at Shea during the "Gastineau Era". Now... this is a stretch. There is a thought that the Browns may be switching it up every game. The tickets for each Home Game are designed to represent a certain era. There are 8 ticket designs. I have to see an image of yesterday's ticket to see if it ties in to the end-zone font. I don't know if this is allowed... but one can hope. Man, looking at that ALL year will be a bummer!!

The Patriots looked OK. I think the Patriot logo should face to the left when placed on the right side of the endzone. Or place it to the left, then don't include it on the "P".

Yes, you are right... The "Texans" added an outline/3D shadow effect to the letters. Rather than the 3-D look of white placed over the blue.

I did not see anything "new". I don't think Green Bay painted the out line around the mid-field "G" green. I think the grass was used as green. Let's hope the RAIDERS balance out that funky endzone font!

There is a thought that the Browns may be switching it up every game.  The tickets for each Home Game are designed to represent a certain era.  There are 8 ticket designs.  I have to see an image of yesterday's ticket to see if it ties in to the end-zone font.  I don't know if this is allowed... but one can hope.  Man, looking at that ALL year will be a bummer!!

Yesterday's ticket was just a collage of players, Sipe, Kosar, Brown, etc. There was also a picture of the endzones from sometime in the 90s. It was "Browns" in script, but the tail from the 's' ran back under the word.

I think the last time we switched during the season was 2004, the year with the orange endzones. The opener vs. Baltimore had the logo of the 40th Anniversary of the 1964 team in the endzone, but I believe it was replaced for the rest of the year.

In the Jaguars endzone they had the AFC logo but the stars were white with a red outline while the A was the normal red with white outline. If you look at the video recap of the game on NFL.com you can see it, can't find any pics yet.

I kinda liked the brush script for the Browns, although I think it would have been better with a tail like they used to have it.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Was the ticket pic similar to the pic on the pocket schedule?

From what I remember, that old script (with the underline) was a generic word-mark. I think the pull-over winbreakers or maybe a sweatshirt had that font. All teams used that font on the type of gear. Didn't the Bears switch to a similar font for one season before Soldier was Remodeled? It was TOTALLY out of place.

Ahhh... that's what it was about the Jags endzone. Something looked odd. I just couldn't figure out "what"? I don't like the enzone with the Jaguars word-mark + Jacksonville + the shield. It's too condensed. It is better than that plain block font that they had for YEARS!!

I hope the Redskins switch it up. I am tired of the REDSKINS font with the 3-D helmet at either side. That makes a total of 5 Redskins logos on the field. I also hope that they center the logo medallion on the 50, let the feathers be off center. They have been centering the entire logo at mid-field. So, the medallion is "off" center from the 50. Tennesee centers the shield at the 50, then the flames are off-center.

Archived