Rick DiPietro...

Kekasse

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. A 35 + year old goalie still earning 4.5 million a year? They better hope DiPietro turns into the next great goalie for this deal to even look remotely smart...this is an insane deal.

Looks like Wang made this deal more than Snow, so now I ask, did Wang give Snow the job just so he wouldn't have a REAL GM slam him for the moves he made and both him about who is in charge or the signings...

.... so you're saying all this was a Wang-job and not a Snow-job?

I saw, I came, I left.

Wow. A 35 + year old goalie still earning 4.5 million a year? They better hope DiPietro turns into the next great goalie for this deal to even look remotely smart...this is an insane deal.

Looks like Wang made this deal more than Snow, so now I ask, did Wang give Snow the job just so he wouldn't have a REAL GM slam him for the moves he made and both him about who is in charge or the signings...

.... so you're saying all this was a Wang-job and not a Snow-job?

Exactly. A publicity stunt by the Wangster.

I have one question what has DiPietro done that he deserved to get a 5 year contract let alone a 15 year deal?

The Islanders cpntinue to be lost in the woods.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I've been an Isles fan since 1979. This deal is bad, no strike that horrible. I wouldn't lock up a goalie for any more then 5 years. Based on the nature of the position you have to question the longevity of anyone playing it. You also have to question the business sense of Isles management tying up a decent amount of money for so long.

TSN says the Islanders purchased insurance on the contract for the first 6 years of the deal, they also have an option after 2 years in case this isnt working out. I guess 4.5 million over 15 years isnt alot of money when your a billionaire. But I know Charles Wang just wants to get his name in the paper, well hes definitley got ALL of our attention. But I will say this. I'd rather have Charles Wang running the show then that crook Spano who tried to buy the Isles and Millstien and Gluckstern whatever there names were. They didnt even give us a chance. At least Wang is trying.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

he did win 30 games last season 2 short of Billy Smiths record. Man, I'm sick of hearing about the Isles being a "laughingstock" btw: the "were all islanders" fan pic of the week on the website. thats me!! GO ISLES!

Heh, I know the sight of the replica Stanley Cup gets me all emotional too... :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I have one question what has DiPietro done that he deserved to get a 5 year contract let alone a 15 year deal?

absolutely nothing.

:mad:

Cough FLOP cough. To think they got rid of Luongo for him still makes me giggle...well...the fact Luongo was chosen by them with a Leafs draft pic depresses me... He is a decent goalie but I don't think he'll ever be one of the elite. He flopped during the Olympics and he hasnt done too well when the pressure is at its highest. I know hes young but you've seen other goalies who were younger rise to the occasion and play well when needed. He had a solid team infront of him during the olympics and he still stunk. I've never liked him and unless he can help turn around the Islanders and not wait for the team infront of him to improve then he will win some respect from me, but until then, he is just an over-rated flop.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Just another reason to be a Ranger fan.

Thanks for taking Tom Poti off our hands, btw.

Maybe next season you could sign Poti to a 10 year deal worth $45 million, just so you can make certain you have a staple underachiever at every position for the next decade.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

absolutely nothing.

:mad:

Cough FLOP cough. To think they got rid of Luongo for him still makes me giggle...well...the fact Luongo was chosen by them with a Leafs draft pic depresses me... He is a decent goalie but I don't think he'll ever be one of the elite. He flopped during the Olympics and he hasnt done too well when the pressure is at its highest. I know hes young but you've seen other goalies who were younger rise to the occasion and play well when needed. He had a solid team infront of him during the olympics and he still stunk. I've never liked him and unless he can help turn around the Islanders and not wait for the team infront of him to improve then he will win some respect from me, but until then, he is just an over-rated flop.

could be worse i guess, we could be stuck with Eric Fichaud. <_<

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

he did win 30 games last season 2 short of Billy Smiths record. Man, I'm sick of hearing about the Isles being a "laughingstock" btw: the "were all islanders" fan pic of the week on the website. thats me!! GO ISLES!

Heh, I know the sight of the replica Stanley Cup gets me all emotional too... :P

Too bad the cup is even in a city like Toronto. A city full of alot of hype and no results.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Too bad the cup is even in a city like Toronto. A city full of alot of hype and no results.

..... as opposed to what? Chicago :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I'd take my 13 Stanley Cups any day over your 4 consecutive. Sure we've been post expansion flops, but at least we can claim our owners never signed anyone to a 15 year contract...just drunkenly tried to trade players for cash...cough...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived