NFL white jerseys and ? pants

winghaz

Dear God, what else could they do?  No...not that...not monochrome all brown!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

mrhanky.gif

HIIIIIIIIIIIDEY HO!

Color that cap orange with a brown/white/brown stripe running down the middle and there's your perfect representation...the Cleveland Turds.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what Miami does, going with white on white on the road, and white on teal at home.

Here's my list:

NFC

Dallas: silver only, but please standardize the blues and silvers

N.Y. Giants: grey only, ditch the road versions though, and use the home versions full time

Philadelphia: white on white works best for them, all though silver would work the best

Washington: burgandy only

Chicago: navy only

Detroit: silver only

Green Bay: yellow only

Minnesota: can't say, I havn't seen them in white on white

Atlanta: white or black

Carolina: white only

New Orleans: gold only

Tampa Bay: pewter only

Arizona: white or red

St. Louis: gold only

San Francisco: gold only

Seattle: blue or white

AFC

Buffalo: blue only

Miami: white on the road, aqua at home

New England: navy only

N.Y. Jets: green or white

Baltimore: black or white

Cincinnati: white only

Cleveland: can't say, havn't seen them in white on brown, all though the white pants should always be the first choice with the white jersey, that's the classic Browns look

Pittsburgh: yellow only

Houston: the Texans look good no matter what

Indianapolis: white only

Jacksonville: white only

Denver: white only, but switch to orange home jerseys so only one set of white pants is needed

Kansas City: red only

Oakland: silver only

San Diego: with their current look, white or blue, both look good. However with some tweeks yellow wouldn't be out of the question

Bucs white on white is ridiculous. It makes the helmets look WAY out of place.

1) I'm pretty sure they have 0 wins wearing white on white

They wore them twice last year in regular season and were undefeated in them.

I think the whole "bad luck" "good luck" thing is stupid anyway. Mix it up and wear different combinations (if you have multiple sets of pants/jerseys). Teams that only wear white all year long (Dallas, Washington, Miami for example) are boring.

Come on folks, quit being so conservative and liven up a little bit. Colors are a good thing.

Color that cap orange with a brown/white/brown stripe running down the middle and there's your perfect representation...the Cleveland Turds.

Your Tampa Bay Buccaneers looked pretty awesome last Sunday didn't they? A real scoring machine. I'm not saying the Browns are any better but at least they could find the endzone (twice).

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Your Tampa Bay Buccaneers looked pretty awesome last Sunday didn't they? A real scoring machine. I'm not saying the Browns are any better but at least they could find the endzone (twice).

They looked good chasing Reggie Bush... :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

They looked good chasing Reggie Bush... :D

ol' boy's gon be doing some damage, ain't he?

And oh btw, I wasnt trying to imply the Browns ARE turds--they'd just look like them in all-brown. I actually like the Browns--always have.

(Random quote from out of nowhere: GO JAGUARS!!! The Steelers play them in J'ville Monday night...I may get to laugh at the entire Pittsburgh populus again!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I want to play!

NFC

Dallas: Silver

N.Y. Giants: Blue with a red stripe

Philadelphia: Green

Washington: Burgandy

Chicago: Navy

Detroit: Silver's all they've got

Green Bay: Yellow

Minnesota: Purple

Atlanta: Black

Carolina: Silver

New Orleans: Black

Tampa Bay: Pewter

Arizona: White

St. Louis: Gold

San Francisco: Gold

Seattle: Blue

Buffalo: White

Miami: Aqua

New England: Blue

N.Y. Jets: White

Baltimore: Black

Cincinnati: Black

Cleveland: Orange

Pittsburgh: Black would look cool

Houston: Blue

Indianapolis: White

Jacksonville: Black

Tennessee: White

Denver: White

Kansas City: Red

Oakland: Silver

San Diego: navy

NFC:

Dallas: Silver

Philadelphia: Green

N.Y. Giants: Gray

Washington: Burgundy

Chicago: Navy

Minnesota: Purple

Detroit: Silver

Green Bay: Yellow

Carolina: Silver

Tampa Bay: Pewter

Atlanta: Black

New Orleans: Black

Seattle: Blue

St. Louis: Blue

Arizona: White

San Francisco: Gold

AFC:

New England: Silver

N.Y. Jets: Green

Buffalo: White

Miami: White

Cincinnati: White

Pittsburgh: Yellow

Cleveland: Brown

Baltimore: Black

Indinanapolis: White

Houston: Blue

Jacksonville: Black

Tennessee: Navy

Denver: Blue

Kansas City: Red

San Diego: Navy

Oakland: Silver

Buffalo - white

Miami - white

New England - blue or silver

N.Y. Jets - green

Baltimore - black (like in 1996)

Cincinnati - black

Cleveland - white

Pittsburgh - gold

Houston - blue

Indianapolis - white

Jacksonville - white

Tennessee - white

Denver - white

Kansas City - red

Oakland - silver

San Diego - blue

Dallas - silver

N.Y. Giants - gray

Philadelphia - silver

Washington - gold

Chicago - blue

Detroit - silver

Green Bay - gold

Minnesota - purple

Atlanta - black

Carolina - white

New Orleans - black

Tampa Bay - pewter

Arizona - white

St. Louis - gold

San Francisco - gold

Seattle - white

My opinion has always been that teams that have helmets of color should wear that same color pants with their white jerseys, instead of white on white. For example, the Steelers gold/yellow pants look fine when they've got the black jersey to match up with the black helmet. But the gold pants with the white jerseys don't look right at all. Black pants would look better. (I know I'll get bashed for that comment, since the Steelers look is such a tradition.) The Rams also come to mind. They should wear blue pants with their white jerseys. And same for the Buffalo Bills. Red helmets and blue pants don't cut it for me. If the helmet is red, the pants should be red.

By the same token, if the helmet is white, the pants should be no color but white, regardless of the jersey. A white helmet, white jersey, with pants of color looks like the player has been dipped into a bucket of paint. It makes them look bottom-heavy (see: Dolphins, Jets).

SHoUP brought up a good point about the Redskins. They do look good in gold pants. So I amend my original thought on the Redskins to either burgundy or gold. Still, they should never wear white pants with the white jerseys.

And, to make it even better, if the Redskins were to bring back the gold pants, they should also bring back the spear helmet. But that's another story, another discussion.

My opinion has always been that teams that have helmets of color should wear that same color pants with their white jerseys, instead of white on white. For example, the Steelers gold/yellow pants look fine when they've got the black jersey to match up with the black helmet. But the gold pants with the white jerseys don't look right at all. Black pants would look better. (I know I'll get bashed for that comment, since the Steelers look is such a tradition.) The Rams also come to mind. They should wear blue pants with their white jerseys. And same for the Buffalo Bills. Red helmets and blue pants don't cut it for me. If the helmet is red, the pants should be red.

By the same token, if the helmet is white, the pants should be no color but white, regardless of the jersey. A white helmet, white jersey, with pants of color looks like the player has been dipped into a bucket of paint. It makes them look bottom-heavy (see: Dolphins, Jets).

You bring up some good points, but I don't like the Dolphins in all white, all the time. I'm sure it wouldn't kill them to wear the teal jerseys more often.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know nobody will agree with this but I think the Packers have the biggest divide between "greatl-looking-at-home" and "crappy-looking-on-the-road". The Gold / Green / Gold is classic... the Gold / White / Gold is washed out and ubber-lame. I've always thought white road pants for them would be cool, but even green would be better than the magarine stick outfits.

And, I think Brett Favre just threw ANOTHER interception.

I mostly agree. I think the road pants should match the helmet. It gives the uni a balanced look, with the white jersey sandwiched between the same colour. However, I think the Bills (navy pants), Patriots (navy pants), Rams (gold pants), and Steelers (yellow pants) are exceptions to this rule. Also, the Browns road unis look bad with any colour pants, IMO.

Archived