Minor League Hockey Logo Changes 06-07

MarkAtnip

Here is a new version of the Knoxville Icebears logo. I am not sure if this is an "official" logo change or if it was just done for the commercial from which this shot was taken. The purple has been removed from the logo. Don't know if they are removing the purple from the jerseys or not.

ibnopurple.jpg

IceBearsold.jpg

BroncosSig.jpg

Here is a new version of the Knoxville Icebears logo.  I am not sure if this is an "official" logo change or if it was just done for the commercial from which this shot was taken.  The purple has been removed from the logo.  Don't know if they are removing the purple from the jerseys or not.

ibnopurple.jpg

IceBearsold.jpg

This logo reminds me of the Adirondack Frostbite(I think that's the team I'm thinking of) a lot. Was it done by the same guy, or is it somewhat of a ripoff?

Edit: After looking at the Frostbite's logo, it doesn't seem like it so much. It does remind me of some logo though...not sure which.

This one?

Adirondack_Frostbite.gif

Not too similar. A little, I guess, with the way he's holding the stick.

As for changes, the Milwaukee Admirals changes have been discussed ad nauseum on a thread of its own. Took most of us by surprise, lots of negative reactions at first, but it grew on most of us.

the Flint Generals stated a while back they were going to unveil a new logo and change their colors to black and white, but I don't know if that was hot air or if it was true. I'm thinking it was hot air

Hmmm.. I'm thinking that the Frostbite and Everett Silvertips look more alike.

Any gossip surrounding the new Cleveland AHL team? They seem to be taking a lot in and getting plenty of input. It seems that the colors will include "wine". I haved checked TESS here and there but find nothing.

Thanks in Advance

Anyone else notice he left outthe most important minor league, the AHL?

The AHL has a few, i think. The most notable is the dead Admiral. The Houston Aeros are going back to the old Bomber logo but have modified it by dropping the blue. The Bridgeport Sound Tigers have changed the color of the Sound Tiger from Blue to Orange. There's also the new Lowell Devils, the new Worcester Sharks, and the San Antonio Rampage are dropping the blue.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

ECHL-Pensacola has changed logos, Idaho has changed logos. Cyclones are back in the league, same logo.

CHL-New teams Rage and Sun Dogs. Scorpions changed logos but I haven't seen a big version of it yet.

UHL-Two new teasm, Prairie Thunder and Hounds. Mallards no longer use the cartoon duck logo.

Maybe more, those are off the top of my head.

CHL-New teams Rage and Sun Dogs. Scorpions changed logos but I haven't seen a big version of it yet.

the Scorps logo, literally, looks like my four year old son drew it. the one they had was easily one of the best minor hockey league logos, in my opinion. Now its just plain crappy. However, both logos, old and new, sport blood (?) dripping from the end of the sting.

ECHL-Pensacola has changed logos, Idaho has changed logos. Cyclones are back in the league, same logo.

Can't believe I didn't mention The Pilots. Me of all people.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Gulls folded. Forgot that change.

In that vein, so did Greenville, along with half if the UHL.

UHL is a real life fantasy league where teams come and go like a revolving door.

the Scorps logo, literally, looks like my four year old son drew it. the one they had was easily one of the best minor hockey league logos, in my opinion. Now its just plain crappy. However, both logos, old and new, sport blood (?) dripping from the end of the sting.

wow, it's a shame to hear that. A scorpion is one of those animals that could really lend itself to some nifty logos.

Archived