Steubenville Stampede

Geoff

Here's an idea: try cramming 915 elements into a single logo!

Now, try successfully replicating it on anything other than a computer screen!

Good luck!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Okay, considering I live just 30 minutes away from the Stupidville Stampede, I feel I have to contribute to this conversation. I am a fan and live in Wheeling, WV, home of the Ohio Valley Greyhounds of the UIF. For that matter our teams logo has greater potential. Yet, I had much greater hopes for Stuebenville's logo. Once again the name, "STUPIDVILLE", sticks. That logo sucks 6 ways to Sunday. I had to rinse my eyes after I looked at it.

Bengalssuck.jpg

A little input here. I was creating the identity for the team, until yesterday i guess. I had created two seperate identites, and they took off and combined the two to create this monstrosity. As far as I knew they were using one of the ones I created, until I saw the press release, and this showed up. I'm just as mystified as you guys are. A little more frustrtaed though. This logo may change in the near future if I can find out what's going on with them.

I'll post the two concepts once I know it's okay to do so. The first was a bull skull with barbed wire wrapped around the horns. I thought this could have been a very good ID for the team. They wanted to see another concpet, and requested a "robot mechanical bull," with glowing eyes. Pretty far-fetched, but I did what they asked and came up with what I thought would work. Then they go and combine the two ideas. :wacko:

??OH well...??

Okay, considering I live just 30 minutes away from the Stupidville Stampede, I feel I have to contribute to this conversation. I am a fan and live in Wheeling, WV, home of the Ohio Valley Greyhounds of the UIF. For that matter our teams logo has greater potential. Yet, I had much greater hopes for Stuebenville's logo. Once again the name, "STUPIDVILLE", sticks. That logo sucks 6 ways to Sunday. I had to rinse my eyes after I looked at it.

A OV fan, eh? I apologize for all the pain that my Horseman put on your little puppies.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Yeah, the Greyhounds fell apart last year. Hopefully, they'll be better in 2007. I like the rivalry with Lexington. It's fun watching the fans yell at the players and the players yelling back. I wasn't able to go to a single game last year. I will be this year though. Good luck to your Horsemen.

Bengalssuck.jpg

Archived