Millen finally to be fired?!

logodawg

ESPN's Cold Pizza reported this morning that Matt Millen may be finally fired from the Lions at the end of the season unless they show "marked inprovement."

Of course this could just be fellow league GMs spreading crap because they're pissed that Millen still has a job. <_<

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

On behalf of all fellow Lions fans..... Thank Gawd!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

they'll just hire another former player/tv analyst to replace him. william clay ford, jr. has no clue how to run an organization, whether it be football or automotive. as a lions fan, i've given up on ever expecting good things from them. i'll always be a fan, but i just know deep in my heart i'll never see a championship in my lifetime.

they'll just hire another former player/tv analyst to replace him. william clay ford, jr. has no clue how to run an organization, whether it be football or automotive. as a lions fan, i've given up on ever expecting good things from them. i'll always be a fan, but i just know deep in my heart i'll never see a championship in my lifetime.

For some reason before the Millen "ERA" we showed at least some kind of signs of becoming a good franchise. Good Head Coach, good QB, we at least had some kind of signs of a future. Millen comes in and runs this franchise into the ground in under 1 year. The Lions have become the most laughable franchise in the NFL because of this man. I'll agree with Joel that we will see the Cardinals and Bengals win the Super Bowl way before the Lions ever win one that one is for sure. But I have a feeling that we'll see Matt Millen get an extension rather than get fired knowing our twighlight zone of a decade :cursing:

THANKS ALOT MATT MILLEN FOR MAKING MY FOOTBALL TEAM THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!!!

If the Lions exorcise Millen (who shoulda been gone TWO years ago), is there any chance they can exorcise the black in their current color palette along with him?

(It looks good in some ways...but black never really has fit the Lions OR Ford...and as best as I can tell, don't both use the same colors? So there you go...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, with Martz bringing in a few old Rams(Az Hakim and the man in my sig), maybe they can make some sort of 2000? Rams deal. Kitna's better than Warner, afterall.

Bah, screw it, we need Barry and Herman.

Az "Butterfingers" Hakim and Dre Bly have been stinking up the field for you guys for a couple of years now.

The only Ram Martz brought in AFAIK is Furrey.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, with Martz bringing in a few old Rams(Az Hakim and the man in my sig), maybe they can make some sort of 2000? Rams deal. Kitna's better than Warner, afterall.

Bah, screw it, we need Barry and Herman.

Az "Butterfingers" Hakim and Dre Bly have been stinking up the field for you guys for a couple of years now.

The only Ram Martz brought in AFAIK is Furrey.

I guess hes lost his black mail briefcase or teh Lions dont care anymore if he exposes secrets.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Here's what I think the Lions should do... MOVE TO LOS ANGELES!!!

Do you actually think before you post?

You want to take a franchise with a stable ? albeit incompetent, as has been pointed out by others ? ownership, that has been in the same city with the same nickname since 1934, and that just opened a brand new stadium and move them to Los Angeles on a whim because ... well, honestly, I can't fathom why you would want to do such a thing.

OK, they haven't been doing so hot lately, but their fans haven't wavered, and perpetual mediocrity over the past couple of years hasn't meant other teams like the Saints or the Cardinals have had to pack up and leave town.

L.A. seems to be doing fine without a pro football team, and pro football is doing just fine without a team in L.A., so why are we trying to force a team down L.A.'s throat at every turn? If they want one, they can come to the NFL and ask for one; I see no reason why the league should have to cater to them.

And they wouldn't do any better in Montreal or Ottawa either. Neither has NFL-standard facilities, especially for cold-weather cities, where the NFL nearly insists on a domed stadium. Plus, despite the lack of a CFL team in Ottawa currently, both markets are very tied into the CFL and may not even want NFL football. And both markets ? Ottawa especially, but Montreal as well ? are probably too small for the NFL to consider looking at.

He wants a fake rabbit to take over the world, and has a chick no one's ever heard of in his sig.

You make the call.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not a smart move.

Actually, I was thinking of moving them to Montreal, Quebec or Ottawa, Ontario in Canada.

Can I buy pot from you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You want to take a franchise with a stable ? albeit incompetent, as has been pointed out by others ? ownership, that has been in the same city with the same nickname since 1934, and that just opened a brand new stadium and move them to Los Angeles on a whim because ... well, honestly, I can't fathom why you would want to do such a thing.

OK, they haven't been doing so hot lately, but their fans haven't wavered, and perpetual mediocrity over the past couple of years hasn't meant other teams like the Saints or the Cardinals have had to pack up and leave town.

L.A. seems to be doing fine without a pro football team, and pro football is doing just fine without a team in L.A., so why are we trying to force a team down L.A.'s throat at every turn? If they want one, they can come to the NFL and ask for one; I see no reason why the league should have to cater to them.

And they wouldn't do any better in Montreal or Ottawa either. Neither has NFL-standard facilities, especially for cold-weather cities, where the NFL nearly insists on a domed stadium. Plus, despite the lack of a CFL team in Ottawa currently, both markets are very tied into the CFL and may not even want NFL football. And both markets ? Ottawa especially, but Montreal as well ? are probably too small for the NFL to consider looking at.

i think he was joking but whatever, but about millen even though he has done a crappy job as gm of the lions he did make some decent moves this offseason. he hired a good coach, brought in martz and kitna and finally got rid of charles rogers and joey harrington. and even though almost all of his drafts picks have been bust's roy williams and kevin jones are turning out to be decent players.

Archived