MLS Playoffs

-kj

This weekends playoffs were passionate and exciting. I just wish it was like that all season long. Can't wait for this weekend. I predict: Revs over DC United in the east and Dynamo over Colorado in the west :D

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*ahem* back to the News, folks

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15407843/

MLS suspends Sala for 6 games

Associated Press Sports

Updated: 7:13 p.m. ET Nov. 2, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -FC Dallas goalkeeper Dario Sala was suspended six games and fined $3,500 by Major League Soccer on Thursday for violent conduct after a playoff loss Saturday night to the Colorado Rapids.

After Pablo Mastroeni scored on the Rapids' final kick as Colorado defeated FC Dallas 5-4 on penalty kicks to advance to the Western Conference championship game, Sala punched Colorado players Hunter Freeman and Jovan Kirovski while they celebrated.

The league also handed out penalties to four other players and a coach for their conduct during the league semifinals last weekend.

In addition to the sanctions against Sala, Colorado defender Mike Petke was fined $500 for his involvement in the postgame incident.

Chivas USA's Juan Pablo Garcia was suspended two games and fined $2,000 for a serious foul on Houston Dynamo forward Brad Davis after the final whistle Sunday in Chivas's loss to the Dynamo. Chivas defender Claudio Suarez was fined $750.

Houston midfielder Ricardo Clark was fined $500 for lack of respect for the game. He had received a caution during the game that carries an automatic $100 fine. After reviewing the incident, the league's disciplinary committee tacked on $400.

The league also disciplined New England coach Steve Nicol, fining him $2,000 for criticizing league officials in a story in The Boston Globe on Oct. 27.

The suspensions carry over to the 2007 regular season.

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the players union may appeal to the commissioner for any discipline for an on-field incident resulting in a fine $750 or higher and/or a suspension of two games or more.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Aren't regular season titles more important than playoff titles in soccer?

Pretty much. The Champions of leagues are almost unanimously the regular season winners. In MLS, they give the regular season champion the Supporters' Shield. I think there are a few leagues that have something similar to the MLS Playoffs, but I know in England that the closest thing would the Football League Cup, which all Championship leagues and Premiership teams are eligible. Of course, there's also the US Open Cup, but that's no FA Cup though... :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Aren't regular season titles more important than playoff titles in soccer?

Do most soccer leagues even have playoffs?

Most soccer leagues don't play-offs therefore the regular season title means league champion. There are play-offs in England but only in the lower divisions and the winners of the play-offs get the final promotion spot up to the next level.

1zqy8ok.gif

How 'bout them Revs, huh?

New England defeats DC United 1-0, advances to MLS Championship vs Western Conference winner. Maybe now the Revolution can win the game instead of coming up short again.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How 'bout them Revs, huh?

New England defeats DC United 1-0, advances to MLS Championship vs Western Conference winner. Maybe now the Revolution can win the game instead of coming up short again.

Let's hope so - no LA Galaxy to get in our way this time!

SU-PAH, SU-PAH RE-VOL-U-TION!!! :D

DYNAMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOO!

WE WIN! WE WIN! WE WIN!

VAMOS BRIAN CHING!

I was expecting it to be a bit more fast-paced, but in the end, it didn't really matter! :D

How about Matt Reis taking one of New England's PKs? I know he's at least 2 for 2 this postseason. Anyone got a number on how many other PKs he's taken? I guess that requires a trip to the MLS Media Guide to find out!

Congratulations to the San Jose Earth...er......Houston Dynamo on winning the MLS Title :D

thanks for the post from the future!

earthquakes will be back in MLS hopefully by 2008.

people here are still upset over the thievery by AEG and Don garber of our team. that wont change until we are back.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I don't really follow the MLS or soccer for that matter. After I watched all of Ecuador and Italy games in the World Cup I decided to follow soccer more. I wanted to get into the MLS and Italian Serie A. I never did mainly because I don't have access to the the game.

I watched part of this game and the shoot out. I enjoyed it. I was also to happy to see the Dynamo fans who reminded me of the fans when I went to a game in Quito. They seemed like they followed their team well and mainly because of their fans I wanted Houston to win.

I was glad that Houston won and I congratulate them and there fans. Next year I hope to get into the MLS. My first step would be going to some Red Bull games and learning some of the players.

Archived