2006/07 NBA Preview

NJTank

I would have flipped the Suns and Mavs, but otherwise, I don't really disagree. Also, I would flip the Bucks and Raptors too...one of those teams has Charlie Villenueva, I big is better than small.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Raptors are the hardest team to predict since they're deep with talent but it's unknown how well they'll mesh together with so many newcomers.

They can realistically be as good as 7th spot in the playoffs, or as bad as dead last. It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I would have flipped the Suns and Mavs, but otherwise, I don't really disagree. Also, I would flip the Bucks and Raptors too...one of those teams has Charlie Villenueva, I big is better than small.

So you wouldn't trade Adonal Foyle for Steve Nash? Charlie V is a nice guy, but he was inconsistant last year. A big like him can easily be replaced.

the supersonics wont do that bad and will compete for a playoff spot same with the griz. the kings and lakers will be in the playoffs aswell. in the east the bucks will make the playoffs. i think the heat are over rated to. shaq is one year older and wasn't efective in the playoffs and he will do even worse in the season. i would expect the nets to take the top spot.

Pretty safe playoff predictions...the season predictions look pretty good, I think Utah is a major sleeper pick this year...your bang on with the Bulls prediction, they're going to be pretty darn good this year.

All I can say is, Grizzlies at 13th?!?!?! For a team that almost won 50 games last year, I don't see them finishing that low. They might slip to 8th or 9th in the West but that's it.

Yeah, and can you believe how he panned the Hawks! Absolutely bullcrap. (That's a comment against Peyton up there, not you Tank)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The Hawks are pretty hopeless unless they fix that ownership mess and get a plan they will be losing 50 or more for a long time to come.

Exactly. I mean, when the front office believes that the answers to all the problems plaguing the franchise is to sign Joe Johnson & Speedy Claxton, then you are in a sad state and will be for a while.

With that being said, GO HORNETS. We've got Peja & Tyson Chandler. That's a landmark for us, considering the situation, for the Hornets organization to pick up those two. Hopefully, with them helping CP3, we can have some offense and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. How crazy would that be???

The Hawks are pretty hopeless unless they fix that ownership mess and get a plan they will be losing 50 or more for a long time to come.

Exactly. I mean, when the front office believes that the answers to all the problems plaguing the franchise is to sign Joe Johnson & Speedy Claxton, then you are in a sad state and will be for a while.

Um, the Hawks dont NEED a superstar at PG, do they? Josh Smith is going into year 3, Marvin Williams in in year 2, Josh Childress is in year 3, Salim Stoudamire is in year 2, they drafted Shelden Williams, and hell Joe Johnson and Speedy Claxton are the elder statemen both in year 5...................basically, what I'm sayin is that they have LOTS of F/G types that can score. All they need is someone to get them the ball and for them to all grow up together............................and a big man would be nice.

Anyway, theyre NOT gonna be a 13 win-type team. Hell, last year they won 26. Will they make the playoffs? Probably not, but they are an improving team that will probably win 30-35ish, based solely on being a year older alone!

SigReflect.png

I just don't see how losing a 32-year-old player who has averaged less than 7 pts. in his career with abysmal free-throw shooting equals 19 more losses for the Pistons. Granted they aren't winning 64 again but they'll probably be in the low to mid 50s. They still have 3 all-stars plus Prince.

Oh, but yes everyone seems to think that Wallace's defense, rebounds and presence are so important. We'll have to see how well these qualities hold up. We already know that he was moody in Detroit by refusing to re-enter a game last year so let's see what happens if the Bulls go on a slide this year. Plus he has a huge contract that the Bulls will probably hate in a couple of years.

I have a couple comments myself about the Blazers, but put shortly, this is a team that should get better in the next two years but will definitely get a lottery pick this year.

and I doubt Morrison will have a breakout season....his shot hasn't been on, he isn't that quick, and still can't play defense. Foye, Roy and Gay are likely the competitors for R.o.Y.

harperdc.gif

Archived