Yay!

CrookedThumb

I'm a senior in high school and I get mail everyday from colleges I never planned to go to. I got the most mail from Denison College. They send me something atleast once a week. The military schools sent me a lot of stuff, though the military is the last route I'd ever take. In the end I applied to Ohio Weslyan University, Colorado College, College of Wooster, and Bucknell University. I applied Early Action to OWU and CC, which means I find out by January but don't have to commit until April. I got into OWU two weeks ago( :) ) with a $44,000 scholarship I didn't even apply for. I'd be really happy at OWU, but CC is my dream. They sent me a letter that said I will know a decision by the 19th, this coming Friday. I'm really nervous, but really excited. OWU and CC are my top two, so since I got into one of them already, I withdrew my apps from Bucknell and Wooster.

I lucked out in that all four of the schools were on the Common Application so I only filled out one form. Each school had its own supplement, but I only had to write additional essays for CC. People were agonizing over apps when I had already sent all of mine in. :)

The best advise I can give is take all your SAT I's, SAT II's, ACTS, etc. in your junior year.  It was such a weight off my shoulders this year.  This will be good advise to current sophmores to take it in their junior years so that they can avoid the new SAT which will be implamented in their senior year.  Sorry, Freshmen, but you're stuck with the new, harder test.

My friend's sister is a freshman in college and he said that Washington University in St. Louis sent her a letter every week and was the most annoying college.

They are.  I've heard they're a great school, but they REALLY like to send stuff out.  I sent them a "please stop sending me stuff" letter, and it didn't work.

Dude, congrats.  It is cool as hell to get the stuff.  Obviously, you're at least a decent student too.  Not even the "mass marketing schools" send letters to everyone.  Only the people who are smart enough/dedicated enough to go to college.

Also, the app fee can be dropped.  When I was a Sr. in high school, I applied to two schools -- University of Northern Colorado (Greeley, CO) and University of Colorado (Boulder, CO).  My grades/ACT scores were good enough that they waived the app fee (and I only had a 3.5 and a 25 on the ACT).

Wow, any Canadians on the board right now thinking "I have no idea what that's like"? Because I got letters from maybe 4 schools, all of them Bible Colleges through my church. I mean, I got some info e-mailed me from Trinity Western in BC, but only because I requested it, and as soon as I told them I was going to the University of Manitoba, they stopped sending me stuff.

Good luck with choosing your secondary schooling gentlemen.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Wow, I'm a Junior in High School and haven't recieved a thing except something from my community college, CCM. (County College of Morris).

Of course, I didn't tkae any surveys and I didn't tkae the PSATs. I will probably get some when I sign up for the SATs latter this school year.

Wow, any Canadians on the board right now thinking "I have no idea what that's like"? Because I got letters from maybe 4 schools, all of them Bible Colleges through my church. I mean, I got some info e-mailed me from Trinity Western in BC, but only because I requested it, and as soon as I told them I was going to the University of Manitoba, they stopped sending me stuff.

Good luck with choosing your secondary schooling gentlemen.

Yeah, same with me.

I remember in grade 11 we had a college fair where all the universities in the Maritimes plus a few business schools, trade schools, etc had booths where people answered questions and gave out info packs and application forms.

I eventually applied for (and was accepted to) UNB, which was right in my hometown anyway.

JPK

im a sophmore in HS and ive gotten some stuff from colleges about hockey. Most of them in Massachusetts or New Hampshire. But i basically got those from being selected for a showcase tournament. I didnt really thake the time to go into them because when i do start my college look, i want to get into a good school and also with hockey. hopefully i could get a scholarship (athletic or academic is fine)
untitled-1.png

add UNCG and Delaware

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Let's see here...I can't remember all the colleges that sent me things, but here goes (those in bold sent me applications)

Harvard, Cornell, Penn, Northwestern, Case Western, Michigan, Washington St. Louis, Chicago, College of Charleston, Winthrop, South Carolina, Georgia, Emory, Vanderbilt, Duke, Georgia Tech.

I ended up going to Georgia Tech, and I just left after 3 semesters of HELL!!!  Now I'm just waiting to see if my grades will stay high enough to allow me to transfer to South Carolina.

Archived