GATORS IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

rmackman

bcs_champ_2007.jpg

2006 Basketball Champions and now they're in the Football National Championship! What a year to be a Gators fan! The University of Florida Gators played one of the toughest schedules in the toughest division and came out with just a scratch. They've played hard and deserve to go to the BCS Championship after winning the SEC. They may not be as exciting, they may rely on their defense, but they're still deserving. Now, my uncle lives in Phoenix...so that takes care of a place to sleep. The question is HOW CAN I GET TICKETS!?!?! GOOOOO GATORS!

Florida.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bcs_champ_2007.jpg

2006 Basketball Champions and now they're in the Football National Championship! What a year to be a Gators fan! The University of Florida Gators played one of the toughest schedules in the toughest division and came out with just a scratch. They've played hard and deserve to go to the BCS Championship after winning the SEC. They may not be as exciting, they may rely on their defense, but they're still deserving. Now, my uncle lives in Phoenix...so that takes care of a place to sleep. The question is HOW CAN I GET TICKETS!?!?! GOOOOO GATORS!

Florida.jpg

Here's a tip. Save your money. Your going to get killed!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

What is it with everyone and just writing off Florida all of a sudden? They played in what many considered the nation's toughest conference and managed to win when they needed to win.

So, I say this to the Florida haters: Keep your yaps shut and let the players for both Ohio State and Florida settle this on January 8th in Glendale.

bcs_champ_2007.jpg

Florida.jpg

Here's a tip. Save your money. Your going to get killed!!!

That's what people told my parents in 2002, but they still went and watched the Buckeyes in the Fiesta Bowl. I think this game will be closer than most people think.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What is it with everyone and just writing off Florida all of a sudden? They played in what many considered the nation's toughest conference and managed to win when they needed to win.

So, I say this to the Florida haters: Keep your yaps shut and let the players for both Ohio State and Florida settle this on January 8th in Glendale.

I've always been writing off the champion of the Conference of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Alabama, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've always been writing off the champion of the Conference of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Alabama, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.

Just like people have been writing off the conference of Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan State, and Northwestern for the last several years?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well Ohio state has beaten Michigan and I think this is the right match up and I think the Buckeyes will win again they are the best team this year no doubt.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So, if Florida and Michigan both win, will we see a split championship?

Don't think so, as our last instance of a split title, Southern Cal was #1 in both polls. This time, Florida and Ohio State are both 1-2 in the polls, so it would take a monumental shift for the AP to pick Michigan over Florida, especially if Florida beats Ohio State, something Michigan failed to do.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If florida barely wins...and Michigan wins handily, I think you can consider all three teams "National Champions"

And that's why this system sucks. Its a system where a team can drop out of the number 2 position twice, without playing a game. Where losing to the number 9 team by 10, is better than losing to the number 1 team by 3. Then again, Florida beat the now number 4 team by 13 while Michigan "only" beat the number 7 team by 14.

Yeah I know, Michigan had their shot. What if Auburn had gone undefeated and not Ohio State? Would Florida get to play Auburn? I mean, they had their chance already right?

I personally think it should be michigan, but I'm a big ten fan. I think both Michigan and Florida are deserving. And I think you can make arguements that Wisconsin and Boise State are getting snubbed as well. Wisconsin only lost once and it was to Michigan. Yes, they didn't play Ohio State, but Ohio State could have lost to them. Maybe this is a Big Ten problem and they should restrict the Big Ten to playing 2 non conference games so you could play all the teams at least once. But then you'd have to play a conference game to open the season. The best thing would be to add Missouri or Notre Dame (wouldn't EVER happen) to the Big Ten and then you could have 2 Divisions. While with Boise State, they didn't lose....I Digress...

Its just so stupid that out of the last 8 times there has been a BCS "Champion" only twice there wasn't a controversy of some kind. I think I'd rather have the old system. It was flawed but it didn't pretend it wasn't.

Perhaps did Michigan get #2 in the AP

No, top 4 in all polls were the same. OSU, Florida, Michigan, LSU. The next 4 were a combination of Wisconsin, USC, Oklahoma, and Louisville. In the Harris Interactive, some idiot (former Washington State coach Jim Walden) gave Florida a number 1 vote. Someone (a Writer for Pitt) voted Louisville number 2 in it as well.

Crazy.

I'll say this about the Michigan and Florida coaches: Lloyd Carr has shown a lot more class than Urban Whiner. I mean, Meyer was complaining BEFORE the votes were cast while Carr, though clearly disappointed Sunday, remained diplomatic.

Alabama used to be damn good at football. Period.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Don't think so, as our last instance of a split title, Southern Cal was #1 in both polls. This time, Florida and Ohio State are both 1-2 in the polls, so it would take a monumental shift for the AP to pick Michigan over Florida, especially if Florida beats Ohio State, something Michigan failed to do.

But this would also be on a neutral field. If Florida beats Ohio State at the last second or does so with the aid of a officiating error, then would that really be more impressive than going to Ohio State and losing by three? I think not. Particularly if Michigan blows whomever they play out of the water completely.

My take on this is that I'm kind of indifferent. I didn't want to see a rematch between Michigan and Ohio State, but at the same time, I think Michigan is very obviously the second best team in the Nation. While Florida came out of the toughest conference in the Nation, they struggled through it. Beating South Carolina by one on the strength of a blocked FG? Vanderbilt by six? A bad Georgia team by seven? A terrible Florida State team by seven? Color me unimpressed. They should also be punished for the stupidity of playing Western Carolina in week eleven.

IUe6Hvh.png

But this would also be on a neutral field. If Florida beats Ohio State at the last second or does so with the aid of a officiating error, then would that really be more impressive than going to Ohio State and losing by three? I think not. Particularly if Michigan blows whomever they play out of the water completely.

My take on this is that I'm kind of indifferent. I didn't want to see a rematch between Michigan and Ohio State, but at the same time, I think Michigan is very obviously the second best team in the Nation. While Florida came out of the toughest conference in the Nation, they struggled through it. Beating South Carolina by one on the strength of a blocked FG? Vanderbilt by six? A bad Georgia team by seven? A terrible Florida State team by seven? Color me unimpressed. They should also be punished for the stupidity of playing Western Carolina in week eleven.

It's not stupidity. The Gators had no choice. They tried to get a ton of schools to come play them that week, and they all said no. Some of the schools said that late in the season they didn't want to risk anything playing a high ranked team, others said we'll only play you if you are the road team. Florida essentially had a choice: Play a Divsion 2 team who needs the money or take a 2nd bye week. Taking a 2nd bye week would have been dumb, so they chose option A. Too bad the other schools were too scared to play Florida.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

this argument is ridiculous. Every conference has its share of weak teams.

PvO6ZWJ.png

this argument is ridiculous. Every conference has its share of weak teams.

That was what I was getting at...the SEC is hardly this incredibly dominant monster that some make it out to be. (and honestly, I should have added Georgia to that list).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As a Cane fan, I'm a natural "Gator Hater" but after that whole debaucle where they GAVE OSU the game against us and where I live, I will gladly sport orange and blue that day. Good luck Gators!!

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived