Dolphins mnf

slapshot

Well it wouldn't be a MNF game without another solid-color uniform scheme, and the Dolphins have brought it out agian tonight (I think they did it once last year). They look like big aqua-blue crayons. Or a white crayon with blue wrapping. Something like that. ICK  :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I wholeheartedly disagree with the last post. While the oranges did not look good, tonight's look awful. I hate any dark color pants-jersey combo when mixed with a white helmet. The helmet just look so out of place. There is no balance. Actually, I don't like it when the helmet is dark and the pants-jersey are white either, but feel much less hatred towards the latter combination.

Chaz, I agree w/ you dude...since when did MNF and sunday night football on espn become a showcase for how terrible an NFL team can look in its own uniform? For a league that is so tight-assed on fining a player whose jersey isn't tucked in all the way, it boggles the mind when they just let a whole team look like an unprofessional and under-funded high school football team. NFL should fine the Dolphins for looking so bad...

Just the slightest bit off topic, but did anyone else notice how incredibly ill-fitting Jay Fielder's helmet is? he shows 4 inches of forehead with his helmet on. It looks like he's hiding his lunch under his helmet! He looks moronic.

nflf8a_lower.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

gosioux thinks the Dolphins' aqua pants looked different from the aqua jerseys. I think the Jets' green AOCs have the same problem. Although I must say I kind of like (translation: don't completely hate) the Jets' green set for that reason. Somehow it works a little better when there seems to be a little contrast. And for some reason the big white stripes on the Jets' pants help.

I wouldn't mind if someone (other than the Titans) at least tried complimentary dark colors. If you can get an effect like that of the Titans' alternatives, why not try it? I'm not sure I'd want to see this done with red, but you might be able to do something interesting with blues or greens.

Nothing, however, can save the Dolphins' all-aqua set. At least they're not wearing vertically striped socks.

Best,

e_m

eskishmorskish are you talking about the Dolphins trying out either the orange jerseys with aqua pants, or else aqua jerseys with orange pants? I am not sure that would be an improvement over the aqua-aqua, but it is something to think about. If they made orange pants, they could also wear them with their white jerseys. That could be interesting.

Hi Jezus. I think you could try aqua jerseys and orange pants in the Dolphins' set. What I'm mainly thinking of, though, is something like the Titans' alts: navy shoulders, light blue torsos, navy pants. Someone like the Patriots or the Bills could try dark blue on top, lighter blue on bottom, or vice versa (emphasis on "try," as in "mock up a uniform, put it on a guy *in pads*, see what it looks like, ixnay it if it sucks"--as opposed to "let players who couldn't match colors for a million dollars pick out what we're wearing this week").

This kind of thing wouldn't work for everyone, and I wouldn't want to see everyone do it. Tennessee's set works. The Bills' navy jerseys with that-other-color-blue pants might not. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that no red - dark blue combo would work (call it Ole Miss syndrome). I  liked the Ravens' black-purple combo of a few years ago, but most people didn't. Chris Berman hated that combo so much he still mentions it when a team wears all black.

Best,

e_m

i hate both the all aqua and teh orange, however i would rather see the all aqua. the only teams that belong in oreange are the broncos and and the bengals. the bengals need an orange jersey, seein that the bengal is orange. as for the broncos, make the alts. the regular darks. the dolphins have no right wearing orange. at least on monday night they chose a color they belong in.

am i the only one that realizes that the reason teams come out with thier alternates on monday or sunday night is MONEY, which also happens to be why the league does everything else it does.

if you're not sure why, just say money :;):

i don't own any game pants, so that don't explain the mixing and matching (or, in some cases, mismatching) :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Just the slightest bit off topic, but did anyone else notice how incredibly ill-fitting Jay Fielder's helmet is? he shows 4 inches of forehead with his helmet on. It looks like he's hiding his lunch under his helmet! He looks moronic.

lol actually me and my mom were talking about how ridiculous Fiedler looked in his helmet paynomind. He wears it like 3 sizes too small. And why can't guys stop wearing those goofy-ass old school leather chinstraps? They are so 80's, and it doesn't even seem like they'd be safe.

Archived