The Official National Championship game Thread

Dilbert

Well, is a blowout good for Boise State?

Yeah, BSU went undefeated, but Florida steamrolling the supposed unbeatable team might trump that fact.

Well obviously the voters were wrong about Ohio State. Who says they will be right with Florida over Boise State? The fact that underdogs have a good record in this game shows that the voting is the dumbest way to decide a championship. Since there is no playoff the championship should go to the team with the best record and that's Boise State.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troy Smith has just been Vinny Testaverde'd/Gino Toretta'd/Eric Crouch'ed/Jason White'd.

And as someone who's extremely Proud to be a Florida Gator, who's kept quiet all this time whilst various OSU/Big Ten supporters and SEC haters acted as though Florida didn't belong, and would get wiped out, all I can say is ...

Florida 41-14 Ohio State

Florida Gators 2006 National Champions!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Well well well...THE Overrated State University out of the Big 11 finally plays a real team and gets demolished. Mr. Heisman himself plays horrible, and Florida dominates every aspect of the game. This makes me extremely happy because I was so sick of every broadcaster in the nation worshipping Troy Smith and the Buckeyes. Maybe now the SEC will get a little more recognition, because it's obvious that Ohio St. wasn't the same caliber team as Florida.

GO GATORS!!

Haha, yea because the SEC is so underrated by the media...I mean like 1 out of every 10 experts said they weren't the best conference in America. :rolleyes:

PopHeading-1.gif

Troy Smith has just been Vinny Testaverde'd/Gino Toretta'd/Eric Crouch'ed/Jason White'd.

And as someone who's extremely Proud to be a Florida Gator, who's kept quiet all this time whilst various OSU/Big Ten supporters and SEC haters acted as though Florida didn't belong, and would get wiped out, all I can say is ...

Florida 41-14 Ohio State

Right colours, wrong team <_<

(Yes I'm being difficult on purpose)

1zqy8ok.gif

Florida 41-14 Ohio State

Actually they are the BCS Champions. Appalachian State is officially the Nation Champions.

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/br...16_dyn/2006/FCS

Another year, another BCS controversy.

Undefeated Broncos get my vote.

I totally agree. If the Broncos get zero votes, it sends the message that wins don't matter. Only polls.

How incredibly lame.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

man what a craptacular game for us Buckeyes fans.

i think Tressel finally got out coached. never once did he try to take a shot down field or even try to do something different on Defense. didnt he try to run the ball more when he saw his D was lacking against the Offense of UF?

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Actually they are the BCS Champions. Appalachian State is officially the Nation Champions.

Aww...the sour grapes are too sour for you? <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Im not being biased because Im a Buckeyes fan, but the refs have blown several calls, the reviewed Gators TD was down at the 1, they have spotted the ball short twice for the Buckeyes when they were first downs and they have also given first downs to the Gators twice when they were just short.

You realize they are Pac-10 officials, right? ^_^

usd-sig.png

No probably would have posted it if Ohio State would have one. Just pointing out that winning a power ranking doesn't constitute a championship. I think I've been pretty consistent all year there.

bsu_champs.png

i agree...

Play Offs, Please... now...

if everyone other division can do it so can you.

Pac 10 has nothing to do with it. If anything the Pac 10 would align with the Big 10....

SEC is looked at as the evil empire.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

No probably would have posted it if Ohio State would have one. Just pointing out that winning a power ranking doesn't constitute a championship. I think I've been pretty consistent all year there.

Uh huh. I bolded the important part. <_<

I've been down in Florida for 3 weeks now. I'm rooting hard for not only Ohio State to win but to blow them out. I'm sick and tired of hearing about the crappy Gators. GO OSU!!!!!!!

This one was difficult for me. Two of my least favorite teams in all of college football. But now that it's over, I'm ok with Florida winning. I don't really know any Florida fans personally and I know at least one Ohio State fanatic that I can't stand. I mean really can't stand, so I'm good with this.

What an unexpected blowout. And by halftime no less! They'll be talking about this one for some time to come.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Uh huh. I bolded the important part. glare.gif

Yes probably wich means more than likely. I thought you were an english teacher. :P

I can't say for sure because it didn't happen. I never said I wasn't rooting for the Buckeyes. But if they would have won I would be arguing for a OSU VS. Boise State title game. That I do know for sure.

Another year, another BCS controversy.

Undefeated Broncos get my vote.

I totally agree. If the Broncos get zero votes, it sends the message that wins don't matter. Only polls.

How incredibly lame.

Boise State beat one team that couldn't be beaten by a great high school team. Great season for the Broncos, but schedule at least one Top 20 team during the season and more people might notice.

Boise State beat one team that couldn't be beaten by a great high school team. Great season for the Broncos, but schedule at least one Top 20 team during the season and more people might notice.

You know, had Florida or Ohio State had won it close, I'd be all for a split title. However, since Florida massacred this year's edition of the OMG GRATEST COLLEGE FOOSBALL TEAM EVAR!!!111, this one belongs to Florida, though I hope at least a dozen voters give Boise a No. 1 vote. Their season, coupled with their Fiesta Bowl performance merits it.

You know, had Florida or Ohio State had won it close, I'd be all for a split title. However, since Florida massacred this year's edition of the OMG GRATEST COLLEGE FOOSBALL TEAM EVAR!!!111, this one belongs to Florida, though I hope at least a dozen voters give Boise a No. 1 vote. Their season, coupled with their Fiesta Bowl performance merits it.

It would have been really cool if Ohio State had to play a couple playoff games during their 50 days off, and I for one, would've loved to see if Boise State could knock off a couple more teams and PLAY for the National Championship. Someday.....

Archived