My superbowl prediction!

Saintsfan

Okay I am gonna nail my flag to the mast early. I predict that the New England Patriots will beat the Dallas Cowboys in this years superbowl! Call me crazy if you like, but I have a hunch on the Cowboys, under an experienced head coach having a good run in the playoffs. The Eagles will do there usual thing of promising much but coming unstuck, the Rams will miss out in a close game somewhere, and the others in the NFC just don't have the playoff experience around to make it yet!

The Pats remind me a lot of there Superbowl tream, just with a bit more talent, the same sort of togetherness, that kind of thing. The Chiefs lack of D will cost them, the Ravens need a more solid QB to be a real playoff threat right now, the Colts always seem to lose it somehow, but I am predicting the Titans to have a strong playoff run!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas will be exposed in the playoffs they dont have the talent to make it into the Super Bowl, facing teams taht are better then them, and on the road is when teh COwboys have been beaten all year.

As for teh Pats I think they have to be considered a favorite to get to Houston.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

My gut says New England vs. Philadelphia.  Over the last few years it's been the stronger defensive units that have made a difference in the postseason (Baltimore, NE, TB) and therefore I think New England is strongest in the AFC (and home field advantage will help greatly too).  As far as the NFC goes, while my heart goes with the Rams, my head says that the Philadelphia defense has the ability to overcome the St. Louis offense.  The wildcard factor here may be the surging Ram defense's ability to shut down and/or put points on the board against the Philly offense.  And Philadelphia has proven to be an excellent road team this year.

I like Denver vs St Louis, but that's more heart than head.

Although... both have been improving lately, and with Denver's decisive win over Indy (regardless of officiating), and St. Louis, especially if they get home field advantage throughout, both would be tough.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Broncos are coming out of the 6th spot they are playing well latley but they need 3 road wins it will be very tough for them to say the elast.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If the refs were not in awe of Dante Hall and actually called atleast 1 of 3 clippings on his run back, they woulda beat The Chiefs when they were the hottest team in the league.

there is holding on every friggen play of offense. I'm sure there is a lot of clipping on special teams also. You have to admit he made the Bronocs special teams look like fools. That being said, Denver should have won that game. I'll tell ya in KC you would have thought the team was 3-12 they way people are talking. Mainly because they all know it's just another 13-3, early exit from the playoffs. I don't think too many people have the confidence that the Chiefs will get over the hump. I know every body will be rooting for the Bills to win and hope the Chiefs win. If they get HFA throughout the playoffs, thats their only shot. I don't see them going to Gillette Stadium and winning.

AFC- Colts, even though they lost to Denver

NFC- Rams

Winner- Colts

I have a problem here with Tenessee. Even after the Colts have beaten them twice this year, and both times the Titans had McNair, people still seem to believe the Titans have a better shot of getting to the Super Bowl. What more do the Colts have to do to prove themselves? In my opinion, they have the top offense in all of football, and most likely the MVP winner. What more do they need?

Owner of CC Louisville Fantasy Athletics.

pacer.gif

ind2-sm.gifreds2-sm.gifind1-sm.gifindiana1-sm.gifmiami-sm.gif

I would says Eagles and Patriots.  Way off the radar, but for the NFL, you kinda have to.  

So I'll say:

Denver vs. Seattle or Green Bay

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Bottomline, sloppy conditions call for running the ball... and the Pats can't stop Clinton Portis.

If Denver's offense becomes one dimensional in the weather and Portis is the focus of the offense then Denver will have a tough time winning that game.  New England has done a good job this year of minimizing the damage done by the running backs.  He'll probably get over 100, but Denver is going to have to beat them in the air.

AFC Championship Game:  Tennessee @ New England

NFC Championship Game:  Philadelphia @ St. Louis

Super Bowl:  Philly -20  N.E. - 17 as both defenses snuff out any big plays. :cool:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

But there's a difference. The clippings were clear as day as they all were within 3 yards of Dante Hall. Especially the last one where the defender was set to make a tackle as Hallwent across the field when he broke free.

And actually... homefield advantage will work against New England, if they play Denver in the postseason it seems. If it becomes a sloppy game where running the ball is key... Denvers run defense is rated higher while they have the 2nd best run offense in the league, while the Pats have the 6th worst run offense. In their Super Bowl year, the Pats almost lost to the Raiders who was predominantly a passing team in the very same conditions the Broncos may have to face.

Bottomline, sloppy conditions call for running the ball... and the Pats can't stop Clinton Portis.

I agree with that. I'd also like to say, that New England will have to lose sometime. What is it 10 straight wins, something has got to give. I just don't see them making it to the Super Bowl. It's always the team you least expect that starts playing well. We may be seeing that alreay with Denver.

BTW, Raider Fan still think they won that AFC Championship. BOO-HOO, it's a conspiracy.

Denver vs. St. Louis in SB

The only problem is your playing a Belichick Defense and they have probably the most disciplined defense in the league.  The beauty is the don't over pursue.  That play doesn't work on disciplined defenses.  It's made to take advantage of defenses that aren't.

And one more thing. Shanahan is not even in the top 10 coaches in the league right now. He is a product of Elway. Elway is not a product of Shanahan. He lucked out because Kubiak really is and excellent offensive coordinator.  He over coaches sometimes and make very questionable calls more time than not.

And one more thing. Shanahan is not even in the top 10 coaches in the league right now. He is a product of Elway. Elway is not a product of Shanahan. He lucked out because Kubiak really is and excellent offensive coordinator. He over coaches sometimes and make very questionable calls more time than not.

If this were 100% true how come Elway only won the superbowl with Shanahan as Head Coach. If Shanahan isn't uip there as one of the best coaches in league, its because there are so many good ones right now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

And one more thing. Shanahan is not even in the top 10 coaches in the league right now. He is a product of Elway. Elway is not a product of Shanahan. He lucked out because Kubiak really is and excellent offensive coordinator. He over coaches sometimes and make very questionable calls more time than not.

If this were 100% true how come Elway only won the superbowl with Shanahan as Head Coach. If Shanahan isn't uip there as one of the best coaches in league, its because there are so many good ones right now.

Terrel Davis (Probably one of the most complete backs in recent history even though he only played a short time) is what accompanied Elway to the Super Bowl, not Shanahan.  He is so overrated it's sickening.  I really like the Broncos alot, beleive me and if there is one team that scares me a load, it's the Broncos, but Shanahan has been blessed.  He has a an excellent O coordinator and an excellent D coordinator (one of the more underrated in the league) and during the golden years of the Broncos he had one of the league's best qb's and the best rb, IMO.

Archived