Oakland Raiders Concept

js °

I think for the logo to work on the helmet, it needs to be a lot cleaner. If you want to do the grung look on merchandise, that's excellent. But you need to keep the TV audience, and the relatively low resolution of TV screens, in mind. What's clear on a computer screen will be an indistinguishable mess on a TV, especially with the interlacing.

cttdolphins2.png

I think for the logo to work on the helmet, it needs to be a lot cleaner. If you want to do the grung look on merchandise, that's excellent. But you need to keep the TV audience, and the relatively low resolution of TV screens, in mind. What's clear on a computer screen will be an indistinguishable mess on a TV, especially with the interlacing.

what are you talking about? most TVs are HD nowadays. much BETTER than most PC monitors:) what do you mean by "keeping the TV audience"? If someone were to turn off the game it wouldnt be because the logo on the helmet, but the mere fact that they are the RAIDERS.

I agree that it is more of a merchandise logo, but you are putting way to much weight on your other points.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I meant keeping the TV audience in mind. As for the resolution, the most advanced HDTV standards run at 1920x1080 native resolution and it's interlaced, which means the pixels are jammed together into a display resolution that would be substantially more on a computer monitor; this is turn means a sacrifice in picture quality compared to a PC or Mac monitor. My NEC FE2111 monitor is presently running at 1600x1200 non-interlaced and if I feel like going blind early I can jack it up to 1920x1440 non-interlaced. Heck, even PC LCDs have better native resolutions, with most nowadays going 1600x1200 interlaced.

EDIT: You shouldn't debate tech with a computer geek ;)

cttdolphins2.png

I think his point was, and one which i agree ... that the details that won't be seen due to the technical matters, won't effect the audience as much you believe. Whether or not its the proper look beyond that is taste and preference. I think i actually prefer this coupled up with a more clean look (like below), and this distorted version was more of a fantasy experiment.

raiders_3.jpg

This update is really solid. It looks more like a modernisation of the classic logo and the shield doesn't look as awkward with all the additional details not pushing the head so far up.

I'd love to see this with a wordmark above/below it.

sig.png

just threw together a quick updated version of this look ... what you guys think ?

id_01.jpg

I like it. I still think it could be cleaner and that the grunge/industrial look isn't necessary, but it's still a good job. However, I'd suggest making the logo larger on the helmet, since it's very hard to notice details the way it presently is.

cttdolphins2.png

John

The R Raiders logo you did was really nice. A bit too jaggy, but the R in the shield looked really cool. That being said, the head looked a little "peek a boo" up there. If it was for another team and it was, say, a Hawk head (or whatever) it would work, hands down. I liked how you thought of a new way to try it.

For the new one, it's great for the Raiders. The helmet doesn't look much like a football helmet, though. Almost like a pilot's headgear, and it's just cuz of the shading. The man is a bit "homeless" looking, but I like the direction this is going. I don't like the Raiders, but I'd wear this.

just threw together a quick updated version of this look ... what you guys think ?

id_01.jpg

that's like 20 times better, in my eyes... and the first wasn't bad to start off.

What he said.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

js, I really like the concept, however, I think it's missing something. I think it's missing something to seperate the face from the shield. I like the idea of using the space, but maybe some silver on the interior of the shield while still keeping the thick black outline.

I like the direction. I think while I like the idea of the current Raiders logo, I do think it shows it's age. This shows where it could go.

Archived