Super Bowl XLI Uniforms

njmeadowlanders

Well the Bears will be designated "Home" for Super Bowl XLI (Correct, right?), so they'll all but be wearing their Blue uniforms and white pants, the Colts in white/white. That being said, what is YOUR preference between the two teams? If YOU got to mandate who wore what, what would it be?

I'd keep that combo...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well the Bears will be designated "Home" for Super Bowl XLI (Correct, right?), so they'll all but be wearing their Blue uniforms and white pants, the Colts in white/white.

Don't be so sure. You're right that the Bears will be the home team, as they alternate that designation between the NFC and AFC every other year. However, since this game is being played outdoors in a warm climate, it wouldn't shock me if the Bears went with their white jerseys and made the Colts wear their blues. (Recall that last year the Steelers were the designated home team but they wore their white road jerseys, because they had worn white for all their road playoff wins and wanted to keep the karma going.)

CCSLC signature.png

Well the Bears will be designated "Home" for Super Bowl XLI (Correct, right?), so they'll all but be wearing their Blue uniforms and white pants, the Colts in white/white.

Don't be so sure. You're right that the Bears will be the home team, as they alternate that designation between the NFC and AFC every other year. However, since this game is being played outdoors in a warm climate, it wouldn't shock me if the Bears went with their white jerseys and made the Colts wear their blues. (Recall that last year the Steelers were the designated home team but they wore their white road jerseys, because they had worn white for all their road playoff wins and wanted to keep the karma going.)

SB XLI will be outdoors and in the warmth of Florida, but the sun will be down by kickoff, so no need to force the opponents to a dark uni in the heat of the sun.

If YOU got to mandate who wore what, what would it be?

A "throwback" Super Bowl -- The Colts in black shoes, white helmets, and white shirts with the the big serifs like they used to have. The Bears will wear the 1930s-era jerseys with the brown stripes on the front and brown pants. Let 'em keep the C, though.

(Recall that last year the Steelers were the designated home team but they wore their white road jerseys, because they had worn white for all their road playoff wins and wanted to keep the karma going.)

Recall that Lovie Smith is NOT Bill Cowher. :)

Except for the preseason game at New Orleans, and the 11th week at Dallas, Indy has not worn the blues away from home this season.

Similarly, the Bears only wore their "home" unis in 1 away game - that being the last preseason game at Cleveland, so "officially" that doesn't really count, now does it? :)

I would LOVE Indy to break out the White/Blue combo again, but it isn't likely to happen.

So - Colts in White/White/White, Bears in Navy/White/Navy, just like the OP said.

sig1.gif

Amazing uniform matchup Could it possible get any better? Colts have my favorite unis in the league and the Bears have the best in the NFC. I'd like to see the Colts in blue outside of the dome ago,but I can settle for the beautiful whites. My ideal would be Indy in the home blues, Chicago in white unis with blue pants.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'd keep the current matchup - Bears in navy/white, Colts in white/white. It's easier to watch that kind of matchup rather than having one team white over blue and the other blue over white.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Both teams unveil new looks in the SB. The Bears bring out orange pants and go orange/orange while the Colts show up blue pants to go with their blue jerseys. The Mono Bowl! <gags>

But seriously, I think the best possible look would be Colts in their home blue over white and the Bears in their road white over blue.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

SB XLI will be outdoors and in the warmth of Florida, but the sun will be down by kickoff, so no need to force the opponents to a dark uni in the heat of the sun.

It's Miami in January, not the surface of the sun. I don't think the dark-or-white-as-a-tactic issue would even be a factor. And the whole "Chicago wore white in '86, so let's wear it again!"-BS had better not rear it's ugly head either. Ohio State tried that, and we know how that turned out.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived