Colts used to have grey in their uniform?

BBM

Their final 2 years in Baltimore they had the Grey in the white jersey and pants and whore Grey pants with the Blues. The Grey pants lasted until 1986, the in the white lasted one more additional year.

PANTONE, are those old NFL style guides available for download, I'd love to get them! I see no reason why they shouldn't be, since 1983 was a while ago! :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PANTONE, are those old NFL style guides available for download, I'd love to get them! I see no reason why they shouldn't be, since 1983 was a while ago! :D

I have a mix of physical sheets, scans and electronic files from 1995 through the present. I think I have everything for all teams during that time-period. And, I've also got a 1987 guide, and scans of a 1972 guide. However, I still want to be careful as to what I post. Maybe I can (as I get time) scan some of the sheets, and edit out the color information to be safe. I do have some cool things to share - the Lions' Blue pants, the Colts' Blue pants, the Cowboys' Double-Star jerseys, etc.

By the way - the grey in the Colts jerseys lasted through 1987. Eric Dickerson wore them for half a season after being traded to Indy. In 1988, the Colts changed from Russell to Champion and all traces of "silver" were gone from the color scheme.

The Colts never wore silver pants in 1995, or any other year for that matter after they lost the grays in 1986.

I loved the 1987 home look with the blue jerseys and the white pants with blue and gray stripes, and the blue and gray socks. With the gray facemask that look would be pretty good, but nothing comes close to the beauty of their current uniforms.

That white jersey is hot. If the white pants had that same stripe, along with the helmet, plus a gray outline around the horseshoe, and the blue jersey had gray outlines on the numbers and a gray and white shoulder stripe, they would look great[er than they already do].

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That white jersey is hot. If the white pants had that same stripe, along with the helmet, plus a gray outline around the horseshoe, and the blue jersey had gray outlines on the numbers and a gray and white shoulder stripe, they would look great[er than they already do].

I don't know. The beauty of their look is its simplicity, and you're talking about adding a lot of outlining.

Here's what I was thinking. A little jazz without any bells and whistles, plus a departure from the Baltimore glory days. The outlines are a little difficult to see, but they are there, around the horseshoe and the numbers/letters.

colts.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I still say the only thing that would make the Colts jerseys better is a double stripe on the helmet.

I understand the helmet looks great with one stripe. I understand it may look better than the double stripe helmet.

But that's when it's on it's own.

To create the best overall UNIFORM, they'd be best served to add the second stripe to the helmet.

Forget grey and all the additions.......

HOW ABOUT MAKING THE DAMN SHOULDER STRIPES GO ALL THE WAY AROUND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

THEN worry about tweaking the jersey with grey....

see? :-D

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

HOW ABOUT MAKING THE DAMN SHOULDER STRIPES GO ALL THE WAY AROUND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:winner:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Excellent point, even with the shouting and excessive punctuation. :D

Short rant: With the money and expertise available, the NFL can't get somebody to make a jersey where the stripes go all the way around? To get the Saints' many shades of gold and Cowboys' blue/silver to match? Ridiculous! :cursing:

That latest Colts set looks nice, but the gray just doesn't add anything to the uni's appeal. I also think the double-striped helmet sounds good but in reality, would it be too much? For example, the Saints have the fleur-de-lis on the helmet, jersey, and pants. It's a bit much and while a stripe is a different animal, it might still be too much of one element.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Short rant: With the money and expertise available, the NFL can't get somebody to make a jersey where the stripes go all the way around? To get the Saints' many shades of gold and Cowboys' blue/silver to match? Ridiculous! :cursing:

Short answer: I think most people don't care as much about subtle uniform inconsistencies as those of us on these boards do. Why spend thought/effort on something that most people won't care about if it won't affect the bottom line?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

No thanks, I like to keep things simple.

I'm not quite sure what your definition of simple is, but I think it's different than mine. That's without doubt a simple uniform. I'd actually probably go with an all blue home jersey because I don't like the silver and white stripes on the shoulders if they were to do something like this.

It actually remains very possible to have the shoulder stripes to go almost all the way around. Look at the Rams and the Panthers. Thier stripes are on the sleeve side of the seem, while the Colts are on the shoulder side of the seam. The Rams and Panthers don't go all the way around on every player, but they go much farther than the Colts.

Archived