NBA on ABC

OB33

I try to avoid bashing TV productions but while I was watching the Suns-Cavs game last Sunday I couldn't help but think to myself that using the Pussycat Dolls for an intro song has to be the worst idea ever to start a show with. If it was a one game thing I could understand it, but they're using this for every game on ABC. Is anyone else with me on this?

Here's the link to the intro from the Lakers-Heat game, its the same thing for the rest of the games just switching highlights.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

No argument here. That intro truly sucked. And yeah Pink doing a remake of a Joan Jett song on NBC Sunday Night Football was pretty weak too. Who the hell are they trying to reach with this stuff?

I miss the old days of The NBA on CBS. That was pro hoops at it's absolute finest.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

NBC redeems itself for Pink with the John Williams SNF song.

You know what I really want a copy of from that package? I think it's called "The Pulse" or something. It starts kind of with the NBC chimes, then goes into this really fast beat with occasional little trumpet fanfares popping in. It's so cool.

Yeah that John Williams thing is great they should focus more on that then Pink with the lamest line in TV Music history You don't need a ticket all you need is a TV :puke:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The perfect song for Sunday Night Football

BIG TIME BY PETER GABRIEL (WRESTLEMANIA 22 theme song)

Perfect Song for NBA on ABC

Someone should remake the song Basketball. I think Bow Wow did a remake for the movie Like Mike.

I think it was a writer on SI.com who made this point about the new theme song:

Why is Nicole, the very attractive "lead" singer", in a Lakers 8, when Kobe changed his number nearly immediately after last season? Why didn't anyone on set with NBA Entertainment notice that?

The song sucks, however, the Sunday Night Football song grew on me to like it. Probably since the lyrics change, like when ABC stopped using Hank for a season or two in the early 1990's and replaced him with a different artist each week with a team parody of one of their singles.

come back NBC....i dont know about you, but after NFL season ended, sunday afternoons were replaced by the NBA on NBC in my household.....their intro music pumped me up big!!!

come back, im tired of this ABC crap!!!

You mean ABC/ESPN. ESPN is getting on my last nerve. :evil: They have every sport with corny theme songs and that MNF that comes on everyday is very annoying (it's tuesday...you're at the water cooler to about last night's game....who cares!! just show football).

I miss the NBA on NBC but I love the current NBA on TNT theme song and the old one from like like the mid 90's. What ever happened to the NBA on TBS? I used to love that stupid Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday commercial they had with all those players playing instruments.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

A few years ago they used Lets get it started for some reason it seemed to ft the NBA perfectly

that song was bull :censored:. changing "let's get retarded" to "let's get it started" was the first sellout move by BEP and absolutely killed any enjoyment i ever got out of that band.

I personally loved NFL on Fox, but only because that got remixed into a pretty awful hip-hop song that makes me laugh whenever I hear it.

Also: PCD? Seriously. That's :censored:ed up right there. That song isn't even any good. Storm Coming by Gnarles Barkley on the other hand...

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Makes me miss the NBA on NBC theme.

NBA on NBC theme was the best. Even if I had no interest in the game I would turn on the beginning just to hear the theme song.

Same here... and this rendition of it might be the coolest intro I have ever seen.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Makes me miss the NBA on NBC theme.

NBA on NBC theme was the best. Even if I had no interest in the game I would turn on the beginning just to hear the theme song.

Same here... and this rendition of it might be the coolest intro I have ever seen.

:D:D:DThat was funny video.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived