AHL All-Star Classic

CC97

For all you AHL fans out there (and I know you exist) here are a few shots I snapped at the surprisingly very exciting AHL All-Star Classic held last night in Toronto.

First up the skills competition...

Checking the scoreboard... ball-and-glove logo sighting

skills004.jpg

Sweet split save by the Riverman

skills003.jpg

Target smash!

skills002.jpg

Anyone remember Mike Keane? He's the one wearing that sweet-ass Manitoba Moose jersey

skills001.jpg

And now from the game...

Would've been a great pic if that defenceman wasn't in the way

game004.jpg

Mascot Hockey!

game003.jpg

More sweet saves

game002a.jpg

I like taking pictures of goaltenders

game001.jpg

Pre-game boringness

game.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Thank you very much. Did you get any good pics of Brett Sterling, Darren Haydar, and Nate Oystrick of the Wolves? Oh, was the Wolves mascot Skates there?

Speaking of which, how are the Wolves faring? Are there any players in particular that look like they'll be NHL-ready next season?

Thank you very much. Did you get any good pics of Brett Sterling, Darren Haydar, and Nate Oystrick of the Wolves? Oh, was the Wolves mascot Skates there?

Didn't see Skates... took a few shots of some Wolves, all these from the skills

wolves001.jpg

wolves002.jpg

wolves003.jpg

wolves004.jpg

wolves005.jpg

---

Chris Creamer

Stafford and/or MacArthur??

Sorry I missed you Chris.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Thanks for the pics. Especially the Admirals sightings :hockeysmiley: Though seeing Darren Haydar wearing that jersey I cannot mention, makes me sad. He's such a great player, I was upset to hear that he headed 90 miles south of here.

packchampionslfroh.png

Sweet split save by the Riverman

skills003.jpg

Would've been a great pic if that defenceman wasn't in the way

game004.jpg

Yeah Marek Schwarz! Future goaltending stud for the St. Louis Blues (unless it's Jason Bacashihua, Ben Bishop, or one of our other young studs).

It's Schwarz.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah Marek Schwarz! Future goaltending stud for the St. Louis Blues (unless it's Jason Bacashihua, Ben Bishop, or one of our other young studs).

It's Schwarz.

I know the photos are him. I meant one of the other guys could be the future stud goalie of the Blues instead of him.

I'm confident there's a future stud goalie of the Blues in that group somewhere (and for all their sakes, hopefully they're all future studs for someone).

Hey Chris, where in the arena were you sitting and do you still have the beard? I could have sworn I saw you in the stands during the broadcast.

Good chance you didn't see me... I was in standing room, at the blue line... have a goatee, wearing a jays cap

---

Chris Creamer

Darren Haydar represent! Milton pride! Why hasn't he been called up yet? Doesn't he lead the AHL in points?

He was called up once this season as an injjury replacement for a player that ended up playing afterall.

Darren was a healthy scratch in that game I beleive.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

More sweet saves

game002a.jpg

My pick for a future Vezina winner, Jason LaBarbera. When I had season tix for Hershey, he was probably the best goalie I saw all season. This was during the NHL lockout, so there were a number of NHL calibur tenders in the AHL that season.

Anyone remember Mike Keane? He's the one wearing that sweet-ass Manitoba Moose jersey

skills001.jpg

Ah yes, the last of the over-40 prospects. It's cool that they made him captain - it was in the news here a fair bit when it happened, and it seems he's just a cool guy who loves to play the game. He's got multiple Stanley Cups, but he just plays his heart out here in the A.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

More sweet saves

game002a.jpg

My pick for a future Vezina winner, Jason LaBarbera. When I had season tix for Hershey, he was probably the best goalie I saw all season. This was during the NHL lockout, so there were a number of NHL calibur tenders in the AHL that season.

That pic makes me wonder why he isn't starting in net for the Kings this year. I can almost guarantee that if we had decent goaltending like him we wouldn't be in friggin' dead last in the West.

espnsig.gif

skills001.jpg

I knew Mike Keane went to the ahl but foggot what team he went to. I didnt know it was the Manitoba Moose thats great. My cusin is luckey gets to play with a great legened.

Overall great pics , and ahl game was overal good.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived