Marlins and Brewers 2007 Commemorative Patches

LogoHound

It's kind of sad when you have to make a commemorative patch for a team that lost the championship.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey, that Brewers season is worth commemorating...they beat the Orioles on the last day of the regular season to take the AL East (Earl Weaver's last day as Orioles manager). It was a damned exciting race (even though I wish it had gone the other way), and worth remembering.

I didn't even know what the hell the Brewers were celebrating. That's truly pathetic. That has now surpassed the Browns' "60 years in Cleveland" as the most pathetic, attention whoring patch in sports. AND to make it worse, those aren't even the jerseys they wore in 1982.

I mean, come on people.

It's kind of sad when you have to make a commemorative patch for a team that lost the championship.

ha ha, my thoughts exactly. Let's commemorate gettin' beat in the WS! WHEE!

They aren't celebrating their WS defeat. They are celebrating their AL championship win. Which is still pretty sad. "Yay, the last time we had a chance to win the WS was 25 years ago! Where's that damn champagne?!"

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Even funnier that they've since changed leagues.

"We're celebrating a league championship that means nothing, plus we can't win it again!"

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I didn't even know what the hell the Brewers were celebrating. That's truly pathetic. That has now surpassed the Browns' "60 years in Cleveland" as the most pathetic, attention whoring patch in sports. AND to make it worse, those aren't even the jerseys they wore in 1982.

I mean, come on people.

In fairness, a lot of patches are worn on jerseys they never originally used. The patch is dumb, but that's not a valid criticism.

I'm not saying that I'm in favor of the patch, only that winning a pennant is no small accomplishment.

There are many clubs who would love to have one in their history. The Yankees celebrated their pennants on a logo couple years back. And then there's this classic of literature:

lost.gif

Joe Boyd doesn't sell his soul to the Devil for a World Series title, after all....

I'm just sayin'. It's one of those things that I love about baseball, the little quirks. A League Championship in all other sports is significantly less meaningful.

maybe they are honoring Yount's 3,000 hits mark reached that year.

Robin Yount didn't reach 3,000 hits in 1982. It was on 9/9/92 against Jose Mesa that he got his 3,000 hit.

my bad i read the patch wrong.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Archived