NHL to white at home for 07/08?

eSabre

Yeah, a St. Louis Blues insider who usually is accurate reported this.

Then when they officially unvieled the ASG jerseys, the NHL said that wasn't the case..

After the NHL said that, Strickland, the Blues insider, said his info had come from a Reebok official, so either the official was wrong or the NHL was tossing the idea around.

I don't know if this latest report is because the NHL continues to toss the idea around or if they're just late on Strickland's original report.

for what it's worth, the ducks and sharks played a home-and-home the last two nights and both teams wore white at home, the ducks doing so for the first time this season and the uniform changes. VERY confusing as a season ticket holder to not see your team wearing the same colors every game-- they just need to go back to white at home full time.

I noticed the Ducks and Sharks wearing their white jerseys at home, too. It definitely had me wondering considering all the talk here recently about this possible switch back. I do wonder how it will affect teams such as the Minnesota Wild that decided to shelf their green jerseys for at least one year. I did always appreciate them wearing their white jerseys at home as the Wild did when they entered the NHL as an expansion team.

I never liked the "colored" jerseys at home. To me, whites are supposed to be worn at home, in all sports, save the NFL. Call me a purist if you must. Meh, get off my lawn.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

I never liked the "colored" jerseys at home. To me, whites are supposed to be worn at home, in all sports, save the NFL.

Always wear white, except when you don't.

It never sat well with me that teams wore their colors at home. What I don't get is that if general fan opinion is to wear whites at home, bring back fighting, and change the schedule...why the heck is the NHL just ignoring them to do what they want?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It would be an interesting concept.

Imagine the Caps and the Florida Panthers wearing white jerseys during one of their home-and-home series.

LEONARD WEIRICH

FAN OF THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS SINCE 2005

LOVE THOSE NATS!!!

Full time whites at home please. I'm still not used to this change.

If it happens, then for crying out loud Ottawa PLEASE MAKE A WHITE VERSION OF THE BLACK ALT!!! Get rid of that damn red thing, make the black alt the primary dark jersey and a new white version the primary. I've seen concepts of this jersey many times in the Concepts forum and they all looked great.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Darks at home is especially confusing because college hockey is still (and correctly I might add) white at home. When I flip between the Wild and the Gophers game, rather than naturally knowing who the home team is, I have to think about it for a sec.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

How about this... something junior A leagues around here have done and I THINK the CHL has also done this year.

Start the year with white or dark at home, and then halfway through the season, SWAP and wear the other set at home. Then go back to the one you wore first for the playoffs.

Darks at home is especially confusing because college hockey is still (and correctly I might add) white at home. When I flip between the Wild and the Gophers game, rather than naturally knowing who the home team is, I have to think about it for a sec.

The AHL also abandoned "darks at home" a while ago.

Come on, people! Team color vs. white EVERY TIME is BORING!

1zgyd8w.jpg

for what it's worth, the ducks and sharks played a home-and-home the last two nights and both teams wore white at home, the ducks doing so for the first time this season and the uniform changes. VERY confusing as a season ticket holder to not see your team wearing the same colors every game-- they just need to go back to white at home full time.

You're a season ticket holder and yet you can't tell which team is yours if they happen to be wearing white every once in a while?

How about this... something junior A leagues around here have done and I THINK the CHL has also done this year.

Start the year with white or dark at home, and then halfway through the season, SWAP and wear the other set at home. Then go back to the one you wore first for the playoffs.

The NHL did this for their 75th Anniversary. :hockeysmiley:

It never sat well with me that teams wore their colors at home. What I don't get is that if general fan opinion is to wear whites at home, bring back fighting, and change the schedule...why the heck is the NHL just ignoring them to do what they want?

That's nothing. The extra point for an OT loss was so that teams would "go for it" in overtime instead of playing for the tie. Why the heck do we still have that now that there's a shootout?

I guess it makes sense in the darks-at-home, silver-armband NHL.

Full time whites at home please. I'm still not used to this change.

If it happens, then for crying out loud Ottawa PLEASE MAKE A WHITE VERSION OF THE BLACK ALT!!! Get rid of that damn red thing, make the black alt the primary dark jersey and a new white version the primary. I've seen concepts of this jersey many times in the Concepts forum and they all looked great.

Has anyone heard if Ottawa will go black or red for their dark jersey next year? I hope they don't undergo a complete overhaul to their look going to the RBK Edge jerseys next season.

Their farm team in Binghamton uses a white version of the black alternates. I like Ottawa's current white jersey but agree that a white version of the alternate would look sharp. Can someone post one of these concepts?

Currently there is no variety to NHL games- it's usually your team's darks against a white team. Going back to the whites at home is a great move, as a kid I always enjoyed seeing other teams' "weird" colours- like Minnesota's green or Los Angeles' purple.

Archived