Bobcats jerseys

jlucas4092

From the Denver Post

CLOTHING THE BOBCATS

Cary Mitchell promises that the expansion Charlotte Bobcats will have one of the NBA's best uniforms when they join the league next season.

Mitchell is a renowned clothing designer for NBA players whose client list of about 75 players includes Carmelo Anthony and Rodney White of the Nuggets. Mitchell, a longtime Charlotte, N.C., resident, was approached about designing the Bobcats' inaugural uniforms in March. He came up with five prototype designs before Bobcats owner Bob Johnson selected the design that was Mitchell's favorite.

Mitchell wouldn't divulge what the uniforms look like, he did say there was a "hip-hop' influence to his work. The Bobcats' colors are dark orange, Pacific blue, black, silver and white. Charlotte's home uniforms will be predominantly white, while orange will be the main color on the road.

"The Bobcats' uniforms will be right up at the top because of the unique things in it,' Mitchell said. "One of my main objectives was thinking about the retail buyer and the seller. The hip-hop nature is what is new and what is fresh.'

Mitchell said the Los Angeles Lakers' white home uniforms, and the new home and road uniforms of the Phoenix Suns and Orlando Magic are his favorites. When asked about the Nuggets' new uniforms, Mitchell said: "The colors are cool. They are better than the last ones.'

Since when did basketball become only the domain of hip-hop culture and the inner cities?

I'm assuming it's so since many inner city kids, particularly minorities, just can't relate to the white Ukranian, French and Swedish dudes dominating hockey today.  Same was as I can't relate to a 7-foot tall black guy in the NBA...

And I know, it's not just Ukrainians, French and Swedes dominating hockey, I'm just making a point, dammit.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Add that to the fact that the NBA will market to their strengths, not their weaknesses, in their fanbase. If they're finding that the inner-city minorities are most easily attracted to their product, that's who they're going to target.

I don't know if that's the reason the NBA is somewhat unpopular with many on this board (as I'm just guessing that a majority here, however small that majority may be, are suburbanite who might not know a Master P from a Black Eyed Pea), but it certainly seems a possibility.

Myself? I'm such a basketball junkie that even if they played polka music during timeouts (and had Lawrence Welk as the halftime attraction), I'd still be a fan. Albeit a fan with a finger on the remote, but a fan nonetheless.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

They chose a rather vibrant color palette, so why not balance that with a simple uniform concept? Maybe I'm just a conservative fuddy duddy, but jeez, what would be so bad about a white home uniform with the logo on the sides of the shorts and "Bobcats" in block letters on the jersey and an orange road uniform following the same format exepct you'd have "Charlotte" on the chest instead?

You know, the more I think about it, a lot of hip-hop artists do wear retro NBA togs, so maybe there's a chance the Bobcats will produce something that doesn't look like a prop from "Space 1999."

My opinion is worth what you paid for it, but it goes like this:

I'm a white, suburban male, late 20's, I listen to hip-hop and have for years. I couldn't care less about the NBA. I've seen TNT with a basketball game, and ESPN2 with bowling, and I watched bowling... well, until I clicked on my PS2.

NBA basketball is in danger of becoming completely irrelevant due to the horrible quality of their product. The NFL has a chance right now to put a stop to the same sort of downfall, by protecting their 3-years-out-of-high-school rule.

The jerseys designed by a hip-hop designer? That should be interesting, targeted to their market, and unique, if nothing else. I bet they look cool.

It is sad to me that now, we have come so far, that we are openly admitting we are designing sports jerseys to be sold to kids, rather than what looks best on the field of play. I know we have done it for years, but admitting it out loud? ugh.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm a white, suburban male, late 20's, I listen to hip-hop and have for years.

This one statement made me automatically think of the computer geek in "Office Space," playing NWA at full blast in a traffic jam, and turning down the sound and rollingup his windows when a black guy passes by in the car next to him.  "Michael Bolton? Is that really your name? Wow, you must lovehis music!"

I have no idea why I thought of that, but I did.  I'm funny like that sometimes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Mitchell said the Los Angeles Lakers' white home uniforms, and the new home and road uniforms of the Phoenix Suns

if his favorites consist of the WNBAish Suns unis, I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I am old (44), fat, white and bald. I'd rather stick my hand on a hot stove than listen to rap/hip-hop/whatever (save for the Beastie Boys). I have NEVER liked basketball. I have NEVER liked basketball uniforms. They've gone from shorts that were spray painted on (did some players have to TUCK, like drag queens, to wear those things?) to shorts that you could hide a 2nd player in. The uniforms have gotten progressively worse, as the "designers" have tried to cram more and more elements into relatively little space.  Designer numbers! Designer player name fonts for the backs of the jerseys!  Rocket ships and dinosaurs! GAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!

It's just the worst!

:D  ???  :laugh:  :(

Everyone thinks that only inner city minorities watch or like basketball, and it seems to be only marketed to that specific demographic. It seems that they have forgotten that big part of the country called the Midwest, where basketball isn't a sport, it's a religion. The NBA is the perfect example of what happens when Park Avenue marketing gets and idea in it's head, and just doesn't stop. Whenever i see NBA marketing it just seems to be saying "If your anything other than Black, just stop paying attention now"... That's not such good marketing...

Jesus look how Betteman has tried to ruin hockey, with some of the worst maketing i've seen.

He had to learn it from somewhere. i wonder where.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Everyone thinks that only inner city minorities watch or like basketball, and it seems to be only marketed to that specific demographic. It seems that they have forgotten that big part of the country called the Midwest, where basketball isn't a sport, it's a religion. The NBA is the perfect example of what happens when Park Avenue marketing gets and idea in it's head, and just doesn't stop. Whenever i see NBA marketing it just seems to be saying "If your anything other than Black, just stop paying attention now"... That's not such good marketing...

Jesus look how Betteman has tried to ruin hockey, with some of the worst maketing i've seen.

Amen JQK

I could not agree more.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As much as I agree with you, can you really blame them? A culture/race that lives, breathes, eats, sleeps, dreams basketball from head to toe, heart to soul. They base their personal value upon the shoes and the jersey they've adorned themselves with. And if you aren't a "baller," well, you're just inferior in their eyes.

Let's face it. At least 80% of the players in the NBA are black (educated guess). I'd be willing to bet that around 65-70% of their audience is black. These are teenage and 20-something guys who snatch up sports apparel and jerseys like there's no tomorrow. They're willing to drop $150 on a pair of shoes. $100 on a jersey. $200 on anything with LeBron James' name or logo on it. And every ad you see about basketball is laced with rap music, there are very few white people, and caters to the stereotypical black lifestyle.

I'll put it this way. I love the sport of basketball. I was even a point guard on my high school team. But you know why I hate the NBA more than any other league? Because as much as they advertise the fact that they're about the "soul of the game," all you ever hear about is the battle for star power, contracts, shoe deals, players harrassing the coaches, players fighting amongst each other for leadership of the team, and other drama that it's not about basketball anymore. Now, it's about ego. Fame. Fortune. Moreso than any other sport.

...So anyways, judging from recent "urban fashion," these Bobcats jerseys will probably be hideous to anyone that has even a shred of good taste.

This one statement made me automatically think of the computer geek in "Office Space," playing NWA at full blast in a traffic jam, and turning down the sound and rollingup his windows when a black guy passes by in the car next to him. "Michael Bolton? Is that really your name? Wow, you must lovehis music!"

I have no idea why I thought of that, but I did. I'm funny like that sometimes.

I'd write something, but I'm too busy filling out TPS reports.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This one statement made me automatically think of the computer geek in "Office Space," playing NWA at full blast in a traffic jam, and turning down the sound and rollingup his windows when a black guy passes by in the car next to him. "Michael Bolton? Is that really your name? Wow, you must lovehis music!"

Did you get the memo about the new cover sheets for those TPS reports?  Maybe I'll get Bill to get you another copy of that memo...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Did you get the memo about the new cover sheets for those TPS reports? Maybe I'll get Bill to get you another copy of that memo...

Sorry i'd say something but i was busy using my "Oh" Face. You know.....OH.......OH!

Did you get the memo about the new cover sheets for those TPS reports? Maybe I'll get Bill to get you another copy of that memo...

Mmmmm... yeah... about that... we're gonna hafta get you to come in on... Saaaturday, so if you could do that for us.... thaaat'd be greeeaaaat. Thanks a bunch.

:D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

This one statement made me automatically think of the computer geek in "Office Space," playing NWA at full blast in a traffic jam, and turning down the sound and rollingup his windows when a black guy passes by in the car next to him.  "Michael Bolton? Is that really your name? Wow, you must lovehis music!"

I have no idea why I thought of that, but I did.  I'm funny like that sometimes.

Did you get the memo about the new cover sheets for those TPS reports?  Maybe I'll get Bill to get you another copy of that memo...

Mmmmm... yeah... about that... we're gonna hafta get you to come in on... Saaaturday, so if you could do that for us.... thaaat'd be greeeaaaat. Thanks a bunch.

:D

milton_nervous.jpg

*mumble* maybei'lljustburnthewholeplacedown */mumble*

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived