The NHL Trade Deadline

Shane Does Art

Back to trade news

NJ trades Alexander Korolyuk (who's playing in Europe) back to the Sharks for a third round pick. If you remember Korolyuk was traded to NJ in the Malakhov trade before the season. This essentially make that trade Malakhov,1st rounder, for Jim Fahey and a 3rd rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196464&hubname=nhl

This trade has since been canceled as Korolyuk doesn't want to come back to the NHL.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tkachuk to the Thrashers for a "07 1st and 3rd, a second round pick in "08 and Glen Metropolit

Yeesh, that sounds a tad high to me. But go Thrash!

and if Tkachuk resigns with Atlanta, St. Louis get Atlanta's 1st rounder in 08 too, according to TSN.ca

8prlQWA.png

Yeah but Tkachuk is a shell of the former player he used to be and hes out of shape to boot.

He's not what he used to be for sure, but he's very effective.

As for being out of shape... that's just not true. He's in great shape.

Yes, he showed up to training camp after the lockout over weight (for his playing condition). And that's the end of that. He was in shape within a month and has been ever since.

I'm very happy with this trade. The amount of draft picks is amazing. I wish we'd have gotten an NHL ready prospect, but Metropolit seems like he'll at least be useful.

And that 1st round pick if he signs with Atlanta is amazing. It's probably 60% or more he's coming back to St. Louis. Then, you figure if he signs somewhere else it's mostly likely to be with his current team (Atlanta). So that clause in the trade covers a lot of his options.

Who else thinks trading Coburn for Zhitnik was stupid? Zhitnik really isnt anything special anymore and IMO Coburn will one day be an All Star defensemen.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Who else thinks trading Coburn for Zhitnik was stupid? Zhitnik really isnt anything special anymore and IMO Coburn will one day be an All Star defensemen.

Zhitnik's been downright awful in Philly. He seems to be out of position quite often - more than likely his age, just can't get back quick enough. I don't know who Coburn is, but the Flyers definitely need younget defensemen to balance out Hatcher and Rathje. Oh, and Pitkanen blows, so any defensive help would be good for Philly, as much as I hate the Flyers.

and Pitkanen blows

Pitkanen doesn't blow he just plays defense for a bad team. If he was on any other team he'd be a solid contributor on the PP and a good defenseman... I do think the thrashers are reaching to get that veteran talent for the playoffs... Coburn is a former 1st RD pick and a solid talent.. Zhitnik is nothing more than a rental scrub.. horrible trade im my opinion but Coburn is the type a defenseman that would play for Philly... a huge (6'5) defenseman that likes to hit and fight.. sounds right up Philly's alley

spacer.png

The Flyers win no matter what because they:

a. Get rid of about $3 million worth of salary

b. Get rid of an aging player

c. Get rid of a veteran who really hasn't done anything

d. Get a prospect with some potential

Meanwhile, if Atlanta doesn't go all the way into the playoffs, it could backfire since they:

a. Gain about $3 million worth of salary

b. Gain an aging player

c. Gain a veteran who really hasn't done anything

d. Lose a prospect with some potential

That's just how I see it.

and Pitkanen blows

Pitkanen doesn't blow he just plays defense for a bad team. If he was on any other team he'd be a solid contributor on the PP and a good defenseman... I do think the thrashers are reaching to get that veteran talent for the playoffs... Coburn is a former 1st RD pick and a solid talent.. Zhitnik is nothing more than a rental scrub.. horrible trade im my opinion but Coburn is the type a defenseman that would play for Philly... a huge (6'5) defenseman that likes to hit and fight.. sounds right up Philly's alley

Pitkanen has the 2nd worst +/-(Kyle Calder has the worst) in the NHL. Either his line is that bad, or the defense isn't stopping the other team from scoring.

I think that instead of ATL agreeing to send STL another firstie if Tkachuk re-signs with the Thrashers, the Blues should have to send Atlanta's first back if he signs with St. Louis.

I think it's a much better deal for the Blues, because they're going to get the picks...and as Justin posited...the player. Frankly, I would be shocked if Tkachuk signed anywhere other than St. Louis.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah but Tkachuk is a shell of the former player he used to be and hes out of shape to boot.

He's not what he used to be for sure, but he's very effective.

As for being out of shape... that's just not true. He's in great shape.

Yes, he showed up to training camp after the lockout over weight (for his playing condition). And that's the end of that. He was in shape within a month and has been ever since.

I'm very happy with this trade. The amount of draft picks is amazing. I wish we'd have gotten an NHL ready prospect, but Metropolit seems like he'll at least be useful.

And that 1st round pick if he signs with Atlanta is amazing. It's probably 60% or more he's coming back to St. Louis. Then, you figure if he signs somewhere else it's mostly likely to be with his current team (Atlanta). So that clause in the trade covers a lot of his options.

The only way I see the Thrashers re-signing Tkachuk is if the team wins the Cup.

Rivet and a mid round draft pick to San Jose for Gorges and a first rounder.

---

Wow, the talent isn't supposed to be deep for this year's draft, but a lot of teams are willing to give away their first rounder for rentals.

Archived