The NHL Trade Deadline

Shane Does Art

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zubrus from the Caps to the Slugs for Novotni and a 1st round pick.

NHL.com is streaming TSN's tradecentre show.

are you kididng me? Novotny is just getting into his own and then they deal him? well i guess it jsut gives the Caps another offensive young player with Ovechkin, Semin and Bäckström...

spacer.png

Todd Bertuzzi to Detroit for 2 draft picks....according to AM 1270 Detroit & TSN.CA

So yeah...that Luongo deal really worked out for Florida. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ok to update the Bertuzzi trade....

Florida Gets:

Detroit will send a conditional pick ? either a first-, second- or third-round selection ? in this year?s draft (depending on how the Wings do in the Playoffs) and a conditional second-round pick in next year?s draft...if they resign him next year.

Detroit Gets:

Todd Bertuzzi

Earlier in a smaller deal

Detroit picked up Kyle Calder in a three way deal that sent Jason Williams to Chicago.

Todd Bertuzzi to Detroit for 2 draft picks....according to AM 1270 Detroit & TSN.CA

Colorado's really gonna love Bertuzzi now. Ah well, he'll be the physical presence we need in Detroit. Ryan Smyth to the Isles is exciting, actually.

Bad news for Oilers fans

Ryan Smyth has just been been traded to the Islanders for 2 prospects & a 1st round pick.

I don't know if it's bad news for the Oilers, they just fleeced the Islanders. They didn't just get 2 prospects they got 2 top prospects who were both first round pick in Robert Nilsson and Ryan O'Marra plus a 1st round pick. While Nilsson hasn't lived quite up to the potential in NY, and part of that was because the Isles past up Zach Parise who is the son of a popular former Islander player and is now the top scorer for the Devils, he still should be a solid player maybe as soon as next year. A change of scenery will be good for him.

This is a great deal for the Oilers and a terrible deal for the Islanders if they can't get Smyth re-signed.

I doctored an ESPN article so that it was about Petr Prucha getting traded to the Blue Jackets for Foote and a 3rd round pick. I gave it to my friend who is (was :P) a Prucha fan and he was very upset. I still haven't told him It was a fake :hockeysmiley: He was going crazy about who his new favorite player would be and what to do with his old jersey

I doctored an ESPN article so that it was about Petr Prucha getting traded to the Blue Jackets for Foote and a 3rd round pick. I gave it to my friend who is (was :P) a Prucha fan and he was very upset. I still haven't told him It was a fake :hockeysmiley: He was going crazy about who his new favorite player would be and what to do with his old jersey

:wacko:

That's just mean, man. MEAN!

So the Pens get rid of Dominic Moore and bring in Gary Roberts and Georges Laraque.

Meh.

There's the enforcer for Crosby...

...and the Senators get Oleg Sapyrkin and a 7th round pick from the Coyotes for their 2nd round pick in 2008.

This year's Tyler Arnason?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

There are a few things I like about the Pens moves. Roberts obviously brings some more grit and experience to the young team, and more importantly I think he comes at a time when the team might need a jump start. They're starting to cool off at an inopportune time for the big Eastern playoff push, and with the surging Isles acquiring Ryan Smyth, they're going to need a shot in the arm.

I think Welch was a high price to pay for such a defensively strapped team, but we'll see how this pays off. If Pittsburgh makes a surprise run to the conference finals, then I'd say they were good trades.

Stars get D Mattias Norstrom, RW Konstantin Pushkaryov, 2007 3rd & 4th-round picks

Kings get D Jaroslav Modry, D Johan Fransson, 2008 1st-round pick, 2007 2nd & 3rd-round picks

The stars have now traded their 2007 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks and their 2008 1st round pick. Oh, but they got a 07 3rd round back...

The oh so good Dallas Stars defense just got better acquiring Mattias Norstrom for Modry. (A bunch of picks and prospects were also kicked around by both teams).

Rangers trade Ward to Boston for Mara.

Brad May adds toughness for the Ducks in exchange for a prospect.

Brad Boyes was also moved, a surprising move I think, for Blues d man, Wideman. Two good younger guys who will make an impact.

I'm very excited about Boyes for Wideman. I like Wideman. He's a good, developing, young, offensive defenseman. But the Blues are loaded with dmen.

We needed scoring forwards, and Boyes gives us that.

The Tkachuk trade was great. The Guerin deal was good. But getting an NHL ready, young forward makes the deadline really exciting.

Archived