DEI Racing Team Ownership Debate

TBGKon

Dale Jr. has gotten DEI where they are the hard way. Teresa has done nothing really. The drivers call her a ghost owner. The only thing she did to get involved with DEI is get married to Dale Sr.

I think Jr. deserves it.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I like Dale Jr., even though he has not won a title. His dad willed the company to his stepmother. It IS her comapny. Now I can understand why she doesn't attend races, since she lost the love her life at the track. While Dale, Jr, thinks the he has leverage to gain support for his sister, and half borhter, Kerry, I can see that the company's legacy is build by the Dale, Sr.

I think is not entitled to full control of the company, but his likeness and sales from it he need to receive control over. I think it could be fair for Teresa to give him and his sister a larger share. If he leaves the team, DEI will become a third teir team and in search for sponsors. Budweiser will definately leave with Jr., to whomever he may sign with. It appears that Dale is banking on his popularity more than anything else, knowing that she can't make money off sales of "3" flags and the soon to be released documentary, "Dale" forever!

I think Junior deserves more control and if he dose not get it he should be free to leave, and he will leave and DEI will D-I-E as a serious Nextel Contender

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As much as I like Dale Jr, he should just shut up and race, win some of those races to gain leverage on his stepmother on contract negotiations when push comes to shove. If he has enough money to pay for half of ownership, then he has to earn it.

I saw, I came, I left.

I like Dale Jr., even though he has not won a title. His dad willed the company to his stepmother. It IS her comapny.

That says it all right there.

If the son wants full control of his racing-related affairs, he should form his own company, pure and simple. It's better to set your own mark than try to advance one set by your father anyway.

nav-logo.png

Money breaks apart families these days so bad. Its a shame. both of them should step back and look at the real picture, "we want to continue the legacy of Dale Sr. that means working together to build the best racing team possible."

btw: death to Toyota in NASCAR bring back Pontiac

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

It wouldn't surprise me if Jr. leaves after this year and joins RCR and races the #3.

That would be the only way I (and I'm sure many other NASCAR fans) would let the black and silver #3 run again.

Money breaks apart families these days so bad. Its a shame. both of them should step back and look at the real picture, "we want to continue the legacy of Dale Sr. that means working together to build the best racing team possible."

You are very correct. Teresa Earnhardt should give Dale Jr. majority power in the company, but let Teresa stay on in some smaller capacity. The Earnhardt family is up there with names such as Andretti, Petty, Allison, Unser and so on. Without Dale Jr., DEI will be a team with a bunch of nobody's on their team and they most likely will not sniff a championship.

If he were smart Jr. would do exactly what lambertjr suggested. He would leave DEI and go either to Childress or somewhere else. It's the best thing he could do. If you look at it realistically DEI isn't that great a team.

All he ever does is bitch about how bad his car is. Maybe a different team would put him in better equipment and he could finally stop whining. Actually I'd be curious to see what he could do in different equipment. A move by Junior would prove one of two things. Either he's a really good driver with subpar equipment or he's really overrated and DEI is a good team with mediocre drivers.

Even if he does go to RCR there's no way he should drive the #3. Hell the guy is already chasing a ghost. Driving the #3 would just add to that.

BB52Big.jpg

I think NASCAR should retire Car numbers.

Nobody Should drive Petty's 43 either.

Geoff does retired numbers:

Only a Petty can drive the 43.

Only Dale Jr. can drive the 3 (as in the NBS a few years back)

If that's the case the fathers of Bobby Hamilton, Sr. (RIP), John Andretti and Bobby Labonte may want to submit to paternity tests. :P

Technically, NASCAR does not retire numbers. They grant licenses to the car owners to use the numbers and have generally stayed out of the business of dictating how an owner chooses to use (or forgo the use of) the number(s).

I think it would be great to see Jr. racing the 3 car for RCR. Frankly, the kid's always going to be chasing a ghost unless he chooses to change his name. Racing the 3 isn't going to make that much of a difference and I think it would be a move embraced by more people than it would be ridiculed. I think Jr. and Childress should come to an agreement in principle on a deal as soon as possible at which point Teresa would be forced to make a serious evaluation of the future prospects of DEI. I think the next step here would be RCR making an offer to enter into some kind of a consortium deal not unlike what Hendrick has with Jeff Gordon and Roush has with his business partners. Teresa could continue to see a nice cash flow and could then take her rightful place as a silent partner, ceding all business and management decisions to the RCR folks. A Harvick-Earnhardt-Burton-Truex team combines some awesome young talent with mature leadership. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

If that's the case the fathers of Bobby Hamilton, Sr. (RIP), John Andretti and Bobby Labonte may want to submit to paternity tests. :P

John Andretti? Do you have an issue with ALDO Andretti's credentials? :D

John is Mario's nephew; evidently Aldo and Mario raced together as teenagers but Aldo had a bad accident and never raced again competitively. FYI, Aldo is Mario's twin; it's Aldo sitting in for Mario in some of the post-qualifying photos from the 1969 Indy 500 since Mario had burns on his face from wrecking his primary car before qualifying.

I thought Luigi was Mario's brother??

Did you know that, according to Nintendo, because Luigi and Mario are the Mario Bros., they are actually Luigi Mario and Mario Mario?

I read that in GamePro about a decade ago. I'm glad I remembered it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Note I said:

Geoff does retired numbers:

As in, if I were in charge of it.

Archived