New Logo for "Days Inn"

CC97

Must be just the Canadian version. The American version is still the old one.

I like the new modern typography. It's a little more angular, and the sunburst is bigger, which feels warmer than before.

But the pseudo-gradients are a big minus. it makes the logo too busy.

The stark contrast and all-caps type hasn't changed since the mid-80's, and is very dated.

EDIT: Upon visiting the parent company's website, it does appear to be the new logo for the US as well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Must be just the Canadian version. The American version is still the old one.

I like the new modern typography. It's a little more angular, and the sunburst is bigger, which feels warmer than before.

But the pseudo-gradients are a big minus. it makes the logo too busy.

The stark contrast and all-caps type hasn't changed since the mid-80's, and is very dated.

EDIT: Upon visiting the parent company's website, it does appear to be the new logo for the US as well.

I can confirm that the American Days Inns don't incorporate the maple leaft.

the new logo isn't so bad (gradients aside)... it's just that it's replacing a logo that, while not maybe outstanding on its own, had become iconic and easily recognizable for many a road tripper... so it's got a tough act to follow from that standpoint.... and it doesn't immediately seem as iconic

It's a definate upgrade. Just looking at it tells me that it's a place where you would want to stay the night. Now it looks like a higher end place and not your average bargain motel. This is one of the few applications were you can pull off the gradient look. It also has the original elements incorporated into it so that it's easily recognizable by their loyal customers (if there is any).

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Archived