Ohio State to debut LeBron-branded uniforms...

TheStoicPaisano

Another reason to be a proud OSU alum. Genius. As a 45 year old alum I can't tell you how excited I am to start buying Buckeyes gear branded with a 22 year old's logo who never attended college let alone Ohio State. Yeah it's just the uniforms for now but before you know it sweatshirts etc. will be sporting the LBJ23.

Great. Just :censored:ing great. Personally, I have no desire to put money in LeBron's pocket via my alma mater.

Is this where I crack wise about Ohio State and the mental faculties of its faculty, student body, athletic department and alumni? Or did you just torpedo any clever comment I could have made by striking first?

I never know the proper protocol. It was easier to make fun of state universities before I enrolled in one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

if any team is going to make sense it?s probably this one. James obviously played his high school ball in Ohio (Akron) and plays in the state with the Cavaliers today.

If "any team makes sense" in my humble opinion it would be Akron. This guy is showing his ignorance. It's not like Akron, nor Cleveland for that matter, is a suburb of Cow-lumbus. Akron's current head coach was LeBron's Coach at St. Vincent/St. Mary's in Akron and a couple of his team mates from high school, including Romeo Travis, currently play for Akron. I think it would have been a neater tie-in if he was able to do this with Ak-rowdy, but they are an adidas school.

You beat me to it! There is no doubt that Lebron would have gone to Akron. Not OSU, not UNC, not Duke, but little old Akron. Its still good to see him dropping in now and then to catch a Zips game. Fear the Roo!

While Romeo Travis and Dru Joyce went to Akron and did well there, they would have gone elsewhere, to a higher profile school, if they had the choice. They didnt stay in Akron out of loyalty, turning down offers from Duke, UNC, OSU, MSU and others..... I understand that Lebron has stated many times that he considers himself a Buckeye and would have attended Ohio State had he decided to go to college. He still supports Akron, moreso for his buddies, but he considers himself a Buckeye. This is more proof.

I hope you're not saying Travis and Joyce had offers from Duke, UNC, and the likes. They were 2-star recruits and were destined for a MAC or lower school

Not at all. What Im saying is that they attended Akron not out of undying love for Akron, but because it was likely thier best opportunity. To assume that Lebron and all his teamates LOVED the city so much and they would do anything to repsent it and thus, Lebron was bound for Akron U is a falsity. As he has stated, Ohio State would have been his first choice had college been on his radar.

I was responding to the guy that said, and I quote "... There is no doubt that Lebron would have gone to Akron. Not OSU, not UNC, not Duke, but little old Akron... Fear the Roo... "

I just dont believe that to be the case.

Not at all. What Im saying is that they attended Akron not out of undying love for Akron, but because it was likely thier best opportunity. To assume that Lebron and all his teamates LOVED the city so much and they would do anything to repsent it and thus, Lebron was bound for Akron U is a falsity. As he has stated, Ohio State would have been his first choice had college been on his radar.

I was responding to the guy that said, and I quote "... There is no doubt that Lebron would have gone to Akron. Not OSU, not UNC, not Duke, but little old Akron... Fear the Roo... "

I just dont believe that to be the case.

I wish Sian Cotton had undying loyalty to Akron. He was nothing but a headache in Columbus and unless he's turned things around at YSU, will end up riding LBJ's coattails.

It'd be one thing if Lebron actually played at OSU but this is just dumb.

Like TheStoicPaisano noted on the first post, it's a brand logo, like the Jumpman logo. It represents a division of athletic wear from a company. No different than the Addidas logo or Nike swoosh.

The Jumpman logo appears for Cincinnati, North Carolina A&T, California and St. John's, even though he obvioulsy didn't attend those schools or play basketball for them. The same for the LJ23 logo.

cincy is now adidas, must of been this year cause i'm sure last year they had jordan.......not sure if the other schools are still jordan.

It'd be one thing if Lebron actually played at OSU but this is just dumb.

Like TheStoicPaisano noted on the first post, it's a brand logo, like the Jumpman logo. It represents a division of athletic wear from a company. No different than the Addidas logo or Nike swoosh.

The Jumpman logo appears for Cincinnati, North Carolina A&T, California and St. John's, even though he obvioulsy didn't attend those schools or play basketball for them. The same for the LJ23 logo.

cincy is now adidas, must of been this year cause i'm sure last year they had jordan.......not sure if the other schools are still jordan.

I believe the Jumpman appears only on some A&T stuff (some of their uniforms are Russel), Carolina, Georgetown, and California (St. John's is now back to being a plain old Nike school).

Go to the thread on Syracuse gets new unis and in there is a close up of the Ohio State uniform with the LeBron 23 logo on it. It's a HORRIBLE logo! I don't know what they could've done, but it's bad.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived