Ohio State to debut LeBron-branded uniforms...

TheStoicPaisano

Following the footsteps of Jordan and Cinci, UNC, NC A&T, Cal, St. John's over the years, these will first be seen at the Big Ten tournament.

Ohio State Logos LeBron

Retailing sources tell CNBC that Ohio State is permanently replacing its swoosh with LeBron James ?LBJ23 logo.? Nike will be selling this new gear to coincide with the change. I?m not completely sold on this move, though if any team is going to make sense it?s probably this one. James obviously played his high school ball in Ohio (Akron) and plays in the state with the Cavaliers today.

if any team is going to make sense it?s probably this one. James obviously played his high school ball in Ohio (Akron) and plays in the state with the Cavaliers today.

If "any team makes sense" in my humble opinion it would be Akron. This guy is showing his ignorance. It's not like Akron, nor Cleveland for that matter, is a suburb of Cow-lumbus. Akron's current head coach was LeBron's Coach at St. Vincent/St. Mary's in Akron and a couple of his team mates from high school, including Romeo Travis, currently play for Akron. I think it would have been a neater tie-in if he was able to do this with Ak-rowdy, but they are an adidas school.

fade.gif

Another reason to be a proud OSU alum. Genius. As a 45 year old alum I can't tell you how excited I am to start buying Buckeyes gear branded with a 22 year old's logo who never attended college let alone Ohio State. Yeah it's just the uniforms for now but before you know it sweatshirts etc. will be sporting the LBJ23.

Great. Just :censored:ing great. Personally, I have no desire to put money in LeBron's pocket via my alma mater.

BB52Big.jpg

please oh please let this be a basketball only more

i dont see why they would put on the football jeresy but you never know. i pray to god,Budda whoever aslong as they dont touch the football uni's once again.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

i dont see why they would put on the football jeresy but you never know.

UNC doesn't have MJ on their football jerseys, do they now?

i dont know. anyone with an once of self respect doesnt pay attention to the joke that is the UNC football program.

i kid i kid.

i wouldnt think they would make that move. but crazier things have happened. like Aeropostal being a uni sponsers for some schools

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

It'd be one thing if Lebron actually played at OSU but this is just dumb.

Like TheStoicPaisano noted on the first post, it's a brand logo, like the Jumpman logo. It represents a division of athletic wear from a company. No different than the Addidas logo or Nike swoosh.

The Jumpman logo appears for Cincinnati, North Carolina A&T, California and St. John's, even though he obvioulsy didn't attend those schools or play basketball for them. The same for the LJ23 logo.

It'd be one thing if Lebron actually played at OSU but this is just dumb.

Like TheStoicPaisano noted on the first post, it's a brand logo, like the Jumpman logo. It represents a division of athletic wear from a company. No different than the Addidas logo or Nike swoosh.

The Jumpman logo appears for Cincinnati, North Carolina A&T, California and St. John's, even though he obvioulsy didn't attend those schools or play basketball for them. The same for the LJ23 logo.

It's also clearly different than the swoosh and stripes because the Lebron James logo represents a person, a person who did not attend a college. If I were an Ohio State alum, I wouldn't be happy.

As for Jordan, at least he went to college and not that Lebron won't end up with championships... it's just very premature to put him on the MJ level of getting his logo on teams.

It's not like they are putting a silouette of LeBron on their jersey's because he's amazing, they dont put the jumpman on the logos for championships either, its a brand logo, they normally adorn the jerseys.

I guess nike feels it needs to promote the LB23 brand moreso, and this was their way to do it, I dont mind it too much.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I think it's pretty sweet. That's just beacause I love Ohio State, and LeBron's my favorite Athlete. I love his logo too...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

if any team is going to make sense it?s probably this one. James obviously played his high school ball in Ohio (Akron) and plays in the state with the Cavaliers today.

If "any team makes sense" in my humble opinion it would be Akron. This guy is showing his ignorance. It's not like Akron, nor Cleveland for that matter, is a suburb of Cow-lumbus. Akron's current head coach was LeBron's Coach at St. Vincent/St. Mary's in Akron and a couple of his team mates from high school, including Romeo Travis, currently play for Akron. I think it would have been a neater tie-in if he was able to do this with Ak-rowdy, but they are an adidas school.

You beat me to it! There is no doubt that Lebron would have gone to Akron. Not OSU, not UNC, not Duke, but little old Akron. Its still good to see him dropping in now and then to catch a Zips game. Fear the Roo!

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

i dont see why they would put on the football jeresy but you never know.

UNC doesn't have MJ on their football jerseys, do they now?

No, but any athletic apparel sold by UNC usually comes in #23, regardless of the sport in question.

You beat me to it! There is no doubt that Lebron would have gone to Akron. Not OSU, not UNC, not Duke, but little old Akron. Its still good to see him dropping in now and then to catch a Zips game. Fear the Roo!

Yeah, it's a known fact that athletes always go to their hometown school. Always!

While Romeo Travis and Dru Joyce went to Akron and did well there, they would have gone elsewhere, to a higher profile school, if they had the choice. They didnt stay in Akron out of loyalty, turning down offers from Duke, UNC, OSU, MSU and others..... I understand that Lebron has stated many times that he considers himself a Buckeye and would have attended Ohio State had he decided to go to college. He still supports Akron, moreso for his buddies, but he considers himself a Buckeye. This is more proof.

While Romeo Travis and Dru Joyce went to Akron and did well there, they would have gone elsewhere, to a higher profile school, if they had the choice. They didnt stay in Akron out of loyalty, turning down offers from Duke, UNC, OSU, MSU and others..... I understand that Lebron has stated many times that he considers himself a Buckeye and would have attended Ohio State had he decided to go to college. He still supports Akron, moreso for his buddies, but he considers himself a Buckeye. This is more proof.

I hope you're not saying Travis and Joyce had offers from Duke, UNC, and the likes. They were 2-star recruits and were destined for a MAC or lower school

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived