Syracuse to debut special new jerseys for basketball postseason

Waffles

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well for someone who likes to jog a few times a week, i prefer the more form fitting shirts. I like the ones that takes in the sweat. I dunno I think I am in the minority on this one. I don't mind the tops of this but the shorts are just a tad baggy. I know a lot of you guys are 'old school' and god forbids if anyone ( IE Nike or RBK) tries anything different, you all are up in arms. But I seriously how many people you know like to play basketball without their shirts. This form fitting shirt could come really close. I don't know but I like new ideas.

cept for the Duck unis :P

The new jerseys worn by Syracuse are hideous

The orange ones are much better than those orange with navy numbers monstrosoties they have been wearing the past few years. I hope those things are gone for good. The orange is bright, but that is their nickname, isn't it?

I am sure the new look will be tweaked a bit before next season. Probably see some more navy incorportated into both jerseys (outline on numbers and lettering). But, I think these will basically be the full-time uniforms in 2007-2008.

Now, for the love of god, could the team ALL wear the same color shoe? Is that hard for Boeheim to demand that his players actually look like a team instead of some rec league team? That looks soooooo tacky and the team recently has played like a bunch of individuals. A couple of guys have white/silver shoes. A couple of guys have white/navy shoes. A couple of guys have black shoes/black socks. A couple of guys have black shoes/white socks. A few guys on the bench have orange/white shoes. This isn't the Rucker Park League, fellas. You look stupid.

Also, the AD supposedly has a navy version of the new unifrom as well.

After watching both games in the Big East tourney, I'm not thrilled to see my alma mater wearing those Nike jerseys.

Interesting note - Coach B made the team practice in the tight tops prior to the tournament so they'd be used to them when they took the court at MSG. A few players, no names mentioned, absolutely hated the fit.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

After watching both games in the Big East tourney, I'm not thrilled to see my alma mater wearing those Nike jerseys.

Interesting note - Coach B made the team practice in the tight tops prior to the tournament so they'd be used to them when they took the court at MSG. A few players, no names mentioned, absolutely hated the fit.

and I'm willing to bet a few players that wore them absolutely loved it. That's how fits and subjective things like this go.

honestly, besides the shorts looking a little long, the Ohio State and Arizona ones are awesome, and Florida would look great without the gator print. Syracuse would look better without the influx of silver trim. The key with these unis is that that (minus 'Cuse) they're SIMPLE - unlike this year's busy-as-hell tops and shorts. I would gladly trade in slightly odd-looking fit for simplicity in design, and that seems to be what they're doing.

harperdc.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • LMU locked this topic

Archived