Syracuse to debut special new jerseys for basketball postseason

Waffles

Or just like NC State during teh "Fire and Ice" era.

Chris_Corchiani_Unitard.jpg

Wow, I don't remember that one at all. Goes to show that awful Nike ideas aren't a relatively new thing.

Corchiani and Rodney Monroe. Now that was a duo.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Syracuse also participated in the unitard disaster. I think they used the uniforms with shorts against Georgetown.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank god Cuse's unis arent skin tight like in the promo pics...they have em on today at MSG

Cant say i like em, they have potential with some tweaks though...Also shorts are a bit too baggy, you can tell the jersey is a little more form fitting though.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

They're not as bas as I first feared. The advance photos gavr the impression the jerseys would have sleeves. Thankfully they don't. But the shorts are way too long and baggy. The shorts could be worked on. The tightness of the jerseys reminds me of the late 1950s through the 1960s when we wore a tighter-fitting jersey. We didn't mind because everyone was the same. Anyone out there old enough to remember the "unitard" spandex uniforms that NC State under the late Jimmy V tried out in 1989? Now those were ugleeeeeee!

They're not so bad -- for any other school. But Syracuse, while their basketball design has been kind of schizophrenic over the past ten years or so (three major uniform overhauls), has at least kept some uniform elements from past sets in future sets. The 96 uni lettering was kept in the 2000 updates. The 2003 uniform design was kept for the 2004 updates, except only the font was changed.

But this? I hope this is only for the tournament. The silver is absurd. By the way, 2:30 to go....how about playing some defense, fellas?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Orange beat the Huskies, but Syracuse lost their dignity. The jerseys are so plain the shorts look insanely wild (even though they're not).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Introducing your Charlotte Bobcats... :wacko:

I never thought I'd say this, but comparing Syracuse's System of Dress to the Bobcats is an insult to the work of Tom O'Grady.

Way to go, Nike. See what you made me do?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Look, as some of you would rather not believe it, the style is no longer wearing your shorts like hotpants. :P The current style amongst urban youth and various NBA players and streetballers, is to were BAGGY SHORTS. They're kinda like an athletic version of baggy jeans.

The issue here isn't so much "baggy" as it is "long." Basketball shorts have been creeping an inch or two closer to the ankle in college every year. In about 3 or 4 years, the warmup pants will be part of the on-court uniform. And having gigantic, "seats 3 comfortably" shorts combined with an ultra skin-tight top only serves to emphasize how ridiculously large they are.

... before you know they will be wearing cooperalls....

I saw, I came, I left.

I recently bought a pair of Nike St. John's drifit shorts and they are cut really really long. I'm 5'7" 160-165 lbs and I had to buy a size small and then fold them up at the waist so they don't hang down to my calves.

I kind of like them, but really wish that the color blocks ran up the side of the jersey. Looks strange to only have them on the shorts.

That would be a good idea. Scrapping the silver would be a better idea.

Saw the road set for the game they're playing now v. Notre Dame. Ugh. It looks like they tweaked the intensity of the orange up about two shades past "retina-searing". And the silver numbers can't be read easily unless the light catches them a certain way. I understand a lot of people didn't like the plain navy on plain orange (I wasn't one of them), but these are even harder to read. And the only navy anywhere is in the color panels on the shorts.

BOO. Syracuse keeps overhauling for no good reason, as they've now scrapped 2 great looks entirely - and for garbage!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

blame Nike's elite program for the silver...'Cuse being a Nike Elite school *has* to be the reason why the silver has sneaked in, and I don't like it at all.

shorts are slightly long (and cut strangely), but the tops being tighter doesn't bother me - I like it, actually, except on those fat forwards and centers who ride the bench. Arizona's unis look REALLY good (watched the Ducks wipe the floor with them) and TOSU's do too.

harperdc.gif

Archived