Syracuse to debut special new jerseys for basketball postseason

Waffles

http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/sto...n-2753607.shtml

The men's team will unveil redesigned, form-fitting uniforms made by Nike either in the Big East tournament next week or in the NCAA Tournament later this month, Gross said. The shorts will include wide, fat stripes in white, gray, blue and orange circa the late 1970s when the team played in Manley Field House.

The all-white home jerseys feature "ORANGE" written across the chest in orange block lettering. The road jerseys remain all orange with "SYRACUSE" on the chest in white. The numerals on both jerseys are silver. A diagram from Nike on Gross' desk Thursday showed an all-blue version, which could be an option next season.

OMFG ITS FROM-FITTING ITS EVIL BURN IT GRAAAAAAGH!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The men's team will unveil redesigned, form-fitting uniforms made by Nike either in the Big East tournament next week or in the NCAA Tournament later this month, Gross said. The shorts will include wide, fat stripes in white, gray, blue and orange circa the late 1970s when the team played in Manley Field House.

The all-white home jerseys feature "ORANGE" written across the chest in orange block lettering. The road jerseys remain all orange with "SYRACUSE" on the chest in white. The numerals on both jerseys are silver. A diagram from Nike on Gross' desk Thursday showed an all-blue version, which could be an option next season.

I hope i don't get Chris in trouble. I am Nike, so I obviously have a sneak peak of the jersey I manifested.

Hope you like it.

tony1.png

What's sad is that, as a big SU fan, I won't be able to bring myself to dislike this new set, no matter how ugly it's sure to be. But boy, it sounds awful. A first-rate partisan dope indeed.

And isn't it funny that 40 years ago, all basketball jerseys were form-fitting? A lose jersey was the deviation, not the norm. Back to the future!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nice scoop Waffles!

I'm looking forward to seeinh how our boys look.

They might want to debit them in the Big East cus if they lose the first game, they may not even make the NCAA's. I'm a pessimist.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I hope i don't get Chris in trouble. I am Nike, so I obviously have a sneak peak of the jersey I manifested.

Hope you like it.

tony1.png

MAN BOOBS!!!! :shocked:

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

My hometown paper expands a bit:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...S/70302015/1007

(March 2, 2007) ? The Syracuse men?s basketball team will unveil new form-fitting uniforms in the near future.

SU will wear the sleek new Nike uniforms either Saturday against Villanova, in the Big East tournament next week or in the NCAA Tournament, the Syracuse Daily Orange reported.

Ohio State, Florida and Arizona are the other three schools that will wear the new Nike uniforms in postseason play.

SU?s home jerseys will be white with ?Orange?? written across the chest in orange lettering and the orange road jerseys will feature ?Syracuse?? across the chest in white lettering. The numerals on both jerseys are silver. An all-blue version could be an option next season.

So is this separate from the gator-skin jerseys we just saw? The promo picture was form-fitting, but in actual play they weren't.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The gator skin unis were Florida's version of this "form fitting" uniform that looked bigger than usual.

I thought UNC was listed as being involved in this earlier in the season by Lucas. Maybe I'm wrong. As a Georgetown fan, I hope these are as ugly as they sound.

Hmm, I go to Syracuse, hopefully they won't be anything too embarrassing. This is the first I've heard about it.

They have to be better than the unis they have worn recently.

The solid navy numbers on orange jersey is a terrible, hard-to-read look. I like the sound of more white being incorporated into the road jersey.

I also wish all the players could wear the same color of shoe. Either every player should wear black shoes or every player should wear white shoes. They look like a rec league team.

wow....just wow

2qmj91z.jpg

what the :censored:!?! They better not fit like that, it looks extremely retarded. i DO like the side panel design, and if the jersey first like a normal jersey, it might actually be an upgrade (the jerseys they wear now looked much better before they played with the numbers and font, carmelo era)

All i have to say is we need to switch to another brand, nike is too scary. I mean, who switches to new unis for the POSTSEASON????

EDIT: btw, ncaa needs to enforce a shorts past the knees rule...is that even hard to ask?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Worse than I could ever have possibly imagined.

If they lose, though, perhaps some players can participate in bobsled or speed skating.

(So glad Wisconsin is not a Nike school)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived