Syracuse to debut special new jerseys for basketball postseason

Waffles

I actually don't mind the Ohio State ones, especially Oden has been getting mugged and his jersey held on all season with hardly anything ever called, it's ridiculous. Hopefully the tightness will eliminate some of that, or at least make it more obvious to the officials.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17405523_z.jpg

Syracuse

17504520_z.jpg

Ohio State

Where'd you find those? Are those the actual jerseys (to be)?

Man, I just got done buyin an ohio state jersey... <_<

:P

The syracuse front numbers look too big to be offset like that...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I actually don't mind the Ohio State ones, especially Oden has been getting mugged and his jersey held on all season with hardly anything ever called, it's ridiculous. Hopefully the tightness will eliminate some of that, or at least make it more obvious to the officials.

Absolutely. They should just get rid of the sleeves altogether so the defensive linemen don't have anything to grab.

Oh, wait. . . . Sorry. I thought we were talking about football jerseys now. Nevermind. B)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

LAME!

Nice skirts, though. Skintight top and a flowin' skirt. Might as well put some flowers in their hair and call 'em all Jennifer.

This reminds me... last year, I was watching the NCAA championship with my grandfather, who is 90 years old and recently suffered a stroke, and when Joakim Noah made a play, he looked up and said very slowly, "I bet... it gets confusing for them... in the locker room... with that hair."

I guess you had to be there. But it was pretty funny.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Or just like NC State during teh "Fire and Ice" era.

Chris_Corchiani_Unitard.jpg

What weight class is Corchiani going to wrestle in this season?

The singlet/tight top with the skirt of any hemline was a bad idea in the late '80s, it's a bad idea today. At least the Florida one is creative with the alligator print, but who's going to be close enough to see it? The opposing players?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

notice how OSU is sponsored by LBJ23 now.

theres nothing wrong with wearing sleeves though. Iverson has been doing it for what 8 years now? Nike just makes it just part of the uniform now. I do not like the shorts.....i mean ports (short pants/long shorts). We can all thank Michael Jordan/Fab 5 for these.

theres nothing wrong with wearing sleeves though. Iverson has been doing it for what 8 years now? Nike just makes it just part of the uniform now. I do not like the shorts.....i mean ports (short pants/long shorts). We can all thank Michael Jordan/Fab 5 for these.

Personally, I miss the ol' t-shirt under the jersey look that Patrick Ewing started at G-Town.

Look, as some of you would rather not believe it, the style is no longer wearing your shorts like hotpants. :P The current style amongst urban youth and various NBA players and streetballers, is to were BAGGY SHORTS. They're kinda like an athletic version of baggy jeans.

The issue here isn't so much "baggy" as it is "long." Basketball shorts have been creeping an inch or two closer to the ankle in college every year. In about 3 or 4 years, the warmup pants will be part of the on-court uniform. And having gigantic, "seats 3 comfortably" shorts combined with an ultra skin-tight top only serves to emphasize how ridiculously large they are.

OK I'll admit that these shorts are excessively long, but shorts that long aren't worn on-court (trust me, you can't run in those). This is why I am proposing, if this isn't already a rule, that all game shorts should be no longer than 1.5-5 inches below the knee depending upon your height. So, if you're 6'0" your shorts should be only 2 inches below your knee, but if you're Greg Oden or Roy Hibbert your shorts can be 5 inches below your knee.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Personally, I miss the ol' t-shirt under the jersey look that Patrick Ewing started at G-Town.

Try going to your local Y, or park district gym.

Anybody sense the irony in that? A college sponsored by a player who skipped college?

Where's Myles Brand when you need him?

And there's a post above that says players can't run in shorts that long. Check out Marques Green who played for St. Bonaventure a few years back. This isn't the best shot, but you can get an idea of how long his shorts were:

5028a361.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived