2007 Chicago Wolves St. Patrick's day

deked73

FWIW, this seems to be a sneak peek at what the St Patty's Day sweaters will look like:

82534p1.jpg

Looking at that jersey sneak peek it got me thinking, They should have green Ice and a Gold puck. That would be awesome.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves are wearing theirs today.

May seem weird but the South Side Irish Parade was today while everyone else in Chicago is doing it next weekend. So they must be wearing them twice or they are away next weekend...

Hmm, with the Ads in white St. Pat's jerseys, and the Wolves in green, could we possibly see both of these for the Wolves-Admirals game on March 17th? Probably not, but it would work...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wolves are wearing theirs today.

May seem weird but the South Side Irish Parade was today while everyone else in Chicago is doing it next weekend. So they must be wearing them twice or they are away next weekend...

The Wolves will wear them for the next three home games then auction them off for charity after next saturday. They are gonna wear them again on Wed. vs. Peoria and then Sat. vs. Milwaukee.

Hey Milwaukee fans! Did the Ads design their own uni for St. Pat's or did they just pick one out of a catalog or something? I thought that you guys could of come up with something better.

By the way, I saw the Milwaukees Hawaiian jersey at Allstate saturday, it leaves something to be desired.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I've never liked any of the Ads special sweaters, to be honest. Well, maybe the Uecker sweaters. I love the regular look, love the sweaters, for all the reasons that I don't like the holiday ones - simple without being boring, sleek and yet classy, with just a dash of flair.

Here's a better look:

St-Pats-big1.jpgSt-Pats-big2.jpg

Then again, I don't think the Wolves have such a hot St Patty's Day alt, either. Way too garish, but I suppose that's the name of the game.

Hmm, that definitely looks like a stock sublimated St. Patrick's jersey from the likes of OT or Keybec. The Wolves have been really hit-or-miss with their St. Pat's sweaters. This year's look pretty sharp in action, but I still prefer the first ones they ever did. I'd link you to a pic, but it appears the Wolves have taken the page containing their complete uniform history off their site.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmm, that definitely looks like a stock sublimated St. Patrick's jersey from the likes of OT or Keybec. The Wolves have been really hit-or-miss with their St. Pat's sweaters. This year's look pretty sharp in action, but I still prefer the first ones they ever did. I'd link you to a pic, but it appears the Wolves have taken the page containing their complete uniform history off their site.

I agree that over the years that the jerseys have been hit or miss last years IMO were the worst ones that were ever done. If you go to www.macmasks.com look under design gallery for past St. Patrick's day jerseys. This guy is the former art director for the Wolves on this site he has different jersey designs that he has come up with over the years including a majority of the Wolves St. Patrick specials. :hockeysmiley:

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

heh, the K Wings probably will never look right to me in red and blue, i'll always think of em in green and gold.

now onto the Ads' St. Patty's garb...the full admiral, I feel, makes for a far better crest than just the head. This jersey simply confirms it again.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I could get behind that. I prefer the full-body logo to the head logo.

I'm hoping that next season they include an alternate, maybe in ice blue, with either the full-body logo or the anchor.

No matter if they add an alternate next year, one thing that they need to do is change the color of the numbers and letters on the road unis. The way it is now is too hard to read when you're sitting upstairs and not on at rinkside.

Maybe if they changed the color to white with ice blue and black for the trim kinda like this....

miladsgrey.jpg

Just do something to fix this please!

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I don't know - I like the ice blue. Maybe a white outline would make them "pop" more.

The one thing I would like them to fix is to change the sleeve numbers to ice blue, maybe outlined in gray. Those black numbers are damn near illegible.

Hate to take this off-topic, but that new Admirals identity has really grown on me. Even the cartoonish logo. And I'd also like to see an ice blue alternate with the full body logo.

Back on topic, that looks like a green pimp hat with a shamrock (instead of a feather) on the St. Patrick's Day full body Admirals logo. Not to get too technical, but don't leprechauns wear something more similar to a bowler hat?

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived