Pharos04

I said MAJOR.

NBA

NHL

NFL

MLB

Minor League Sports don't classify as dastardly diversions? :cry:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget about MAJOR League Soccer....that sneaky Real Salt Lake or whatever they are. Anyways, was wondering if anyone has been able to dive deeper than I did with my limited abilities on a laptop and possibly find any more holes they missed.

Obviously, the Utah D-League team will most likely be called Dash, Flash, Dynos, or Heroes.

Obviously you're a moron.

I live near Orem and yes, it is near Provo, home to Brigham Young University. The NBDL franchise held a contest to "name the team" and those were the four names to choose from (Dash, Flash, Dynos, or Heroes). They were supposed to announce the team name at the end of March but nothing has surfaced yet. The Jazz are affiliated with the Idaho Stampede so this is a possible situation; although, I don't know why we had a "name the team" contest if they weren't going to use one of the four names.

Obviously, the Utah D-League team will most likely be called Dash, Flash, Dynos, or Heroes.

MORON? No, you're the moron.

This'dve been a lot more effective had you been in the same time zone.

And if you weren't a moron.

philly.png

I've heard better comebacks from a 3 year old...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've heard better comebacks from a 3 year old...

Yo, why don't ya shut up before I shut you up?

(under my breath)

FRICK!!!

You're right, we all have heard better comebacks from a 3 year old...

and your comeback... WEAK!!!

YOZXkBG.png?1

As an update to this since just now i noticed that they're announcing the team's name on April 17th...the only one of the 4 names that actually links is www.utahflash.com which leads right back to the D-League main webpage all the other come up with error pages. Something to ponder

• 2 weeks later...

I would count Real Salt Lake as a Major team as well. MLS soccer is the top soccer league in America and it is Major League

*smacks head*

If thats not a title to be proud of, I don't know what is.

What's MLS's competition? Peewee soccer? The defunct women's league? The East Oshkosh Professional Soccer Federation?

I'm sorry but Utah has 1 major pro team: the Utah Jazz.

I hope that soon MLS will be big enough to be included with the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB, but right now they have a ways to go.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I think the real problem facing the Orem D-League team is drawing fans in a region were the Utah Jazz and college basketball are king during the winter. The Jazz have the support of the entire state and always draw well. By my count there are 6 D-I basketball schools in the state, with 4 along the Wasach Front (BYU, Utah, Weber State, and Utah Valley State). Since 1999, every Utah D-I school except UVSC (only D-I since circa 2003) has made the NCAA tourney at least once. The new "Flash" will be playing at UVSC's home court, and will likely have to compete with UVSC for attendance. A few miles away in Provo (Orem's "sister" city), BYU basketball draws about 15,000 per game at their 22,000 seat arena. In addition, BYU men's volleyball (also a winter sport) draws 4,000-5,000 per game in the volleyball specific gym.

Bottom line, the new team could get lost in the shuffle of Jazz basketball and college sports.

And I do consider MLS to be a major sport.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I don't know about you but...

(in the words of Homer Simpson)

D'OH!!!

When was the last time you posted something coherent and useful? Even if you did, I still couldn't take you seriously because of your obsession with a 14 year old.

D'OH!!!

When was the last time you posted something coherent and useful? Even if you did, I still couldn't take you seriously because of your obsession with a 14 year old.

:notworthy::notworthy: Never spoken so true, even if she's 17.

D'OH!!!

A long time ago and it's an 18 year old, not a 14 year old, that I'm obsessed with.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived