Phoenix Coyotes Alt Jersey Question

benpc21

Back when my jersey collection was starting to take off, I picked up a Phoenix Coyotes Green Alt in around 2002. It's a Starter Mens replica jersey with the front and shoulder patches sewn on, double shoulders and reinforced elbows (ahhh the good old days, before CCM started downgrading replicas), but I came to notice that it had a different collar (all purple) and had an extra stripe separating the green body and the desert-scape. Does anyone know why they did this? I know Starter was the supplier of the Coyotes uniform when the alt first came out (at least according to NHLUniforms.com) and the best thing I can think of is that maybe it was an initial run before changes were made (sort of like how the Dallas Stars gold alt was for sale before being nixed by the team). Maybe they decided the purple didn't go with the color scheme? I think the jersey the ended up using looks better without the purple, it looks crisper. And in a related question, I found a Kieth Tkachuk alt jersey on ebay, did they Coyotes ever number jerseys like that? It looks good, but I don't recall that ever being how they were done.

Similar to my jersey...4177_1.jpg

What they actually wore...8709_12.jpg

Tkachuk Jersey...321b_1.jpg

SEAsig.png

4177_1.jpg
Wow. I didn't actually know that that version was ever produced. I always thought it was just some really bad editing done in EA's NHL 2002. I actually own the version they wore. It's such a cool jersey, in my opinion. I can't tell you why they did the whole purple mess on your version.
321b_1.jpg
It took me a minute, but I also noticed something strange about this version. I've never seen the numbers that color. Mine are tan-like with black and orange-ish borders. Like so:

Coyotes.jpg

321b_1.jpg
It took me a minute, but I also noticed something strange about this version. I've never seen the numbers that color. Mine are tan-like with black and orange-ish borders.

Yeah, I saw that pic and thought it was right on, but then realized it wasn't the 3 layer numbers. It doens look bad, it look to me like someone had the Coyotes font (notice the two color name as opposed to one on the real deal) and just used colors that would look good. It doesnt look bad, but I think I like the real version better.

SEAsig.png

321b_1.jpg
It took me a minute, but I also noticed something strange about this version. I've never seen the numbers that color. Mine are tan-like with black and orange-ish borders.

Yeah, I saw that pic and thought it was right on, but then realized it wasn't the 3 layer numbers. It doens look bad, it look to me like someone had the Coyotes font (notice the two color name as opposed to one on the real deal) and just used colors that would look good. It doesnt look bad, but I think I like the real version better.

No, it doesn't really look bad at all, but there is something about having light numbers on a dark uniform which helps them stand out better.

BTW, and I know this isn't the right thread, but does anybody know a Canadian site that sells those Anaheim 3rd jerseys from last season (the Mighty Ducks written in cursive). I want to pick one up, and I'm hoping to find one cheap.

Juventus.png

BTW, and I know this isn't the right thread, but does anybody know a Canadian site that sells those Anaheim 3rd jerseys from last season (the Mighty Ducks written in cursive). I want to pick one up, and I'm hoping to find one cheap.

SportsK

They're not Canadian but they're great. I can vouch for the quality of the jerseys and the friendliness of the customer service. I've purchased close to 10 customized hockey jerseys from them and have NEVER been disappointed.

Just drop them an e-mail and ask if they have, in stock, what you're looking for. I'm actually a huge fan of the CCM/KOHO replicas and I've e-mailed and asked specifically if they have those versions in stock and they've never let me down. They're typically faster with customization than they say it will take.

The biggest factor to me pushing them so much is their prices. Their jerseys are usually $10 to $15 bucks cheaper than what you'd pay at NHL.com. So give them a long hard look. I'm sure they'll even have some of those Ducks jerseys too.

It took me a minute, but I also noticed something strange about this version. I've never seen the numbers that color. Mine are tan-like with black and orange-ish borders. Like so:

Coyotes.jpg

sweetness, cap. i don't care what anybody says, i miss that jersey, that whole set kicked ass.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

About that Tkachuk with the dark numbers... I believe that's how it came from the factory, as I remember seeing those at Value City during the glory days of the Starter liquidation. Even though Starter did the Coyotes on-ice sweaters, the replicas always seemed to have some issues. I remember the "7" on Roenick's replica being way too pointy, for instance.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Coyotes.jpg

sweetness, cap. i don't care what anybody says, i miss that jersey, that whole set kicked ass.

I do sort of miss thier old home and away sweaters. They used to be terribly unique and, although I like the new ones in thier own way, I'll always have a spot for the old yotes.

I could be completely wrong here.

Here in Australia there were released 'counterfiet' Starter jerseys in which the so called manufacturer under the so-called Starter brand produced jerseys which would have something off that the authentic NHL jersey. Such as different colours in the collar or modified logos. They made a gallery of fantasy jerseys as well such as a white version of the Sens current red and black swoosh jersey i saw once.

It could be possible that the eBay photo is one of those counterfiets?

I've never seen the purple dividing stripe on the Coyotes jersey before. Perhaps that was an early retail version that was changed by the time they hit the ice.

The numbers on the Tkachuk jersey are just wrong. Wrong color, two color number instead of three, two color name instead of one. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's a Craptastic Hat Trick! :woot:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Ah, I miss this jersey. IMO, if it weren't for the oddly placed moon on the front of the sweater then it would be perfect. Which is saying something for the garbage that the 90s put out.

I've never seen the purple dividing stripe on the Coyotes jersey before. Perhaps that was an early retail version that was changed by the time they hit the ice.

Thats what I was thinking, it makes sense for two reasons, other than my jersey, that pictures (and the NHL 2002 flub) are the only ones I've seen like that, and it just looks better without the purple, good call in my opinion.

SEAsig.png

i threw up a little when i saw those jersies.

See Here Please

"[negative experience, situation, or description]; I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

In a rare sane move, most writers realize this one is dead, and thus avoid it. However, only when "threw up in my mouth" is completely exterminated from the world consciousness may we all rest in peace."

So please... something new.

I could be completely wrong here.

Here in Australia there were released 'counterfeit' Starter jerseys in which the so called manufacturer under the so-called Starter brand produced jerseys which would have something off that the authentic NHL jersey. Such as different colours in the collar or modified logos. They made a gallery of fantasy jerseys as well such as a white version of the Sens current red and black swoosh jersey i saw once.

It could be possible that the eBay photo is one of those counterfiets?

I hate knock-offs, especially in foreign countries or the cheap crap people try to hawk outside of the arena. BTW, I'm looking for the name and number font for the Desert Dogs in a True Type form before the change to brick red. Is it available ? If so, awesome. And finally, a memo to "dash..." :welcome:

• LMU locked this topic

Archived