8th in the East

Any thoughts on who'll take the final seed in the East?

As it stands now, here are the scenarios:

Montreal - in with a win tonight, or an OTL paired with one more Islanders loss

Toronto - in with a regulation win tonight, paired with one more Islanders loss

Islanders - in with two more wins, paired with a Montreal loss

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's go Isles. w/o DiPietro the Sabres should beat them. So we need Toronto to win tonight. I do not want ot see Montreal though, they will be tough.

You guys will flatten Montreal in 5 games. The Leafs are the team you don't want to meet. They are confident against the Sabres, and Mats Sundin normally plays solid against them. Were a much tougher opponent then the Canadiens.

Go Leafs Go!

untitled-6.jpg

I'm hoping Toronto, but...yeah.

The Isles getting in would be dissappointing, and kind of a waste, IMO. They don't have the goaltending to even be a Cinderella team.

Who knows maybe " Dubie " can give a great playoff run, then the Isles can sign him for a 20 year contract.

untitled-6.jpg

This could not be any better Leafs vs Habs tonight is a playoff game, and Islanders must beat Devils tommorow and the Devils would love to bounce the Iles.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Here something to think about going into tonights game, if the game goes to overtime the Maple Leafs would be eliminated from making the playoffs. That means if the game is tied late in the third they are going to have to pull Raycroft.

Here something to think about going into tonights game, if the game goes to overtime the Maple Leafs would be eliminated from making the playoffs. That means if the game is tied late in the third they are going to have to pull Raycroft.

Too late for that <_<

Aubin let in one too.

5-4 Habs.

I am cheering for the Islanders to make it even if it means beating my Devil's. I went to the Rangers, Isles game where DiPietro had around 56 saves and I started to really like him. Hopefully he will return in time for the playoffs.

Also youcan'tseeme, did you get my PM? I need the WSF link because I lost it when my computer broke

Well, from a pure marketing standpoint, BUF-TOR is better than having MON or NYI play the Sabres.

I don't care if the matchup brings more attention, Buffalo already has basically the whole city watching it's games, I don't care about marketing but I do care if they make it into the 2nd round+. I believe NYI W/O DiPietro will be much easier than Toronto. But DiPi should play and could dominate a series..... So GO DEVILS!! just for tomorrow

saBS.png

I smell a rare occurrence for tomorrow. A Scott Clemmensen start. Almost as rare as Halley's Comet. :)

Seriously though I think Brodeur will start because the Devils playoff series will probably start on Thursday and the Devils last played on Thursday and that would mean a week between starts if he doesn't play. That if he plays and gets the win he secures the single season record and Luongo can't tie him.

That said I'm torn. I'm a Devils fan so I want them to win but they are secure in their playoff position. The game is meaningless for them and they can knock the Leafs out by losing so I sort of want them to lose and would mind seeing Clemmer.

The funniest thing though is if Cam Janssen ends up scoring the winning goal and he gets the Leafs in the playoffs.

Archived