Hugginsized WVU?

longhorn#65

I'd say it's at least 50/50 you'll see a black alternate, if not a primary road uni.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

K-State got new unis - then got them crammed up their *^%@#* when he left - I like Kansas State's new unis. Let's see if the Wildcats change their unis with their new coach.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

WV should wear the orange jumpsuits with Huggins in charge, just so that they can wear their basketball jerseys in their later endeavors.

They could even sell some merchandise...

7182.jpg7259.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I highly doubt K-State would change their unis a year after they got them. They will keep them until nike makes them get another style in 5 years or so.

Many college basketball programs change uniform styles on a regular, if not yearly basis. Kentucky and Oklahoma come to mind as programs that changed their uniform styles multiple times during the 90's.

I highly doubt K-State would change their unis a year after they got them. They will keep them until nike makes them get another style in 5 years or so.

Many college basketball programs change uniform styles on a regular, if not yearly basis. Kentucky and Oklahoma come to mind as programs that changed their uniform styles multiple times during the 90's.

Kentucky under Rick Pitino was really notorious for changing almost every year:

1989-90: Wore at least 3 completely different styles, maybe four - I assume it was whatever they had laying around since the program was on probation

1990-91 and 1991/92: similar to Duke's uniforms

1992/93: Stripe down one side that slashed across the shorts (popular style at that time)

1993/94: Apex-One with the infamous "zebra" pattern

1994/95: Apex-One with "icecicle" stripes on the shorts

1995/96: Converse, 2 different sets - dazzle material for Dec-Feb; denim for Feb-NCAA tournament. White uniforms had real lightweight denim as side stripes; blue was "sublimated" to look like denim. While both had solid stripes down the side, the dazzle fabric set was "fancier", with blue/white/blue trim on the arm openings/collars/shorts bottoms. The denim set had solid trim on the collar/arm opening and no trim around the shorts bottoms.

1996/97: Converse, dazzle fabric but in the "plainer" style of the 1995/96 denims; had sublimated stripes like a soccer jersey or the New England "shoulder Elvis" jerseys.

During the Smith years they didn't change too much, considering the 1998-2005 uniforms were evolutions of the original 1997/98 style:

1997/98: Nike, tigher knit fabric jerseys, dazzel shorts, silver/grey trim added to numbers, letters, and center of side stripe.

1998/99 through 2004/2005: Nike, similar design but with looser jerseys, v-style collars, same fabric for jerseys/shorts. Added the Nike neck trim after a couple of seasons, first with "UK", then with the "Nike Elite" emblem once tha program started.

2005/2006 and 2006/2007: Nike, coller-bone trim jersey, side stripes with offset silver/grey portion

in addition every year that rick has been here in louisville, the uniforms changed every year. i think its one of his traditions and i expect a new set this year, hopefully more along the lines of the year previous. those were my favorites second to the 95-96 team's. this year's were pretty generic looking.

in addition every year that rick has been here in louisville, the uniforms changed every year. i think its one of his traditions and i expect a new set this year, hopefully more along the lines of the year previous. those were my favorites second to the 95-96 team's. this year's were pretty generic looking.

Actually Rick broke from that tradition and kept the same basic uniforms for his first 3 seasons, although I don't think the Cards had a black alt the first year. It was the kind of generic adidas set with the diagonal piping inside of the side stripe. I think they changed conference logo placement a couple of times and added the "Cardinal Bird" head on the back of the shorts for 2003/2004.

However, he has been back to his usual ways of having a new set for each of the last 3 seasons.

hey, great info John from KY.

My name is also John and i'm from KY too. Anyway I hope that Gillispie goes back toward the 98-2005 style. Plain and simple, great lookng jerseys. However we're a Nike school and one of the bigger programs so they like to throw new designs at us all the time. Anyway should be a great year in the bluegrass.

Actually Rick broke from that tradition and kept the same basic uniforms for his first 3 seasons, although I don't think the Cards had a black alt the first year. It was the kind of generic adidas set with the diagonal piping inside of the side stripe. I think they changed conference logo placement a couple of times and added the "Cardinal Bird" head on the back of the shorts for 2003/2004.

However, he has been back to his usual ways of having a new set for each of the last 3 seasons.

the first year there was black. the first game for them was probably the worst game to have them on- pitino's return to rupp.

i also count those first three years as different even though there were minor not noticeable changes to them (other than the L) but that's me :).

the first year there was black. the first game for them was probably the worst game to have them on- pitino's return to rupp.

i also count those first three years as different even though there were minor not noticeable changes to them (other than the L) but that's me :).

Actually I forgot about the Old English first L in year one; for some reason I had it in my mind that it was only on the last Denny Crum uniform with the stripe down one side. For some reason I wound up missing that UK/UofL game and didn't remember the black alts either. I was going by template, particularly since the change in the first L was mandated by the NCAA.

Okay, let's call it this way - for 2001/2002 through 2004/2004, the uniform template was the same but had 3 variations:

2001/2002 - larger Old English first L

2002/2003 - first L now in same size/font as other letters

2003/2004 - added the Cardinal Bird head logo to the back of the shorts

However, the 2004/2005, 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 have all been unique templates

• LMU locked this topic

Archived