Baseball fans

Ez Street

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in High School, I got my first job as a vendor at the Ole County Stadium. I never really noticed fans as a whole before then, but working pretty much every game after I started which lasted one year, I REALLY noticed. Anyways heading on to the topic at hand.

Opening Day crowds here can be downright boisterous, and that's being pleasant. I'm sure it's like this other places, but it kinda ticks me off how it's become an amateur drinking day, much like St. Patty's Day has as well. It's cool to celebrate, but there's people that can make the events of the day unpleasant. Example, this year, a "moment of silence" for Bowie Kuhn, and there are idiots screaming, woooo'ing, and yelling during it.

As far as fans of certain teams I dig:

Twins

Cubs(it's gotten heated as of late with the expectations on both teams to succed, a lil more do or die with every W or L,but it is a good natured ribbing with every fan I encounter. Plus I have relatives from IL who are die hard Cub fans, and we trade "blows" back and forth. Good times!)

Reds

Expos

As far as those I loathe:

White Sox

Yankees

On the Fence:

Red Sox(don't really like the elitest fan, but like the passionate fan who has been there for everything)

Other New York Baseball Fans(Mets fans, who have had quite some bad luck, but in turn have had som GREAT luck too. Not sure if they qualify as diehard, or just "We're the Mets, from New York! What!)

(Dodgers and Giants fans who are still ticked that their teams left for Cali. They think they're the only ones. Which they are not. Look at Boston/Milwaukee Braves fans who have seen their teams leave as well, OVERNIGHT at that. Philly/Kansas City A's fans. Expos fans, all 2 of them, JK you guys who showed up got my vote for good fans, in fact look up. I mean come on people you aren't the only ones who lost teams!)

Alright I'm done. Agree or disagree, that is the question? But, it's also an opinion.

So have a good day, good night, GO BASEBALL, yeah baby 2 weeks in already. Go Brew Crew! T the FANS that have teams in the NHL and NBA playoffs, Good Luck to ya'll.

Kyle

packchampionslfroh.png

I cannot stand the fans of the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, and Cardinals. Not all of them of course, but the special breed of the most homererotic (that's my word, don't y'all go stealing it).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I can't stand whiners.

Yankee fans are the worst??? obviously, you guys are dealing with the douchebags who are from Jersey, or anywhere else no where near The Bronx. Because going to 161st and River Ave is AN EXPERIENCE. One that fans of the Royals, Blue Jays and Orioles or any other team for that matter will never know. Not for nothing, you guys all knock Yankee fans because you can't win an arguement. Too freaking bad. Its not the fault of the Yankees or there fans to comfort and coddle the opposing team even though the Yanks are making welfare payments to these clubs.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I cannot stand the fans of the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, and Cardinals. Not all of them of course, but the special breed of the most homererotic (that's my word, don't y'all go stealing it).

:cry:

I probably wouldn't mind Yankees fans so much if they weren't such arrogant, self-serving putzes about things. I think most of the problem lies in that most of the ones I've come across weren't Yankees fans until they started winning championships again. Find me one who can name a player from the 80s-early 90s drought, and I'll find you a real fan.

Being a fan isn't about wearing a NY cap, just cuz Fred Durst did in the "Nookie" video, champ. It's not a fashion statement, it's supporting a team. The Yankees have enough money, find a team that appeals to you for personal and emotional reasons, even, god forbid, regionally geographic reasons, then start spending money on the merch. I live in Vancouver now, but that doesn't mean I cheer for the Lions, Seahawks or Mariners, I still wear my Bomber gear, I still love the Packers, Twins and Cubs, and I'm not going to change that. If you're that heavily influenced by music video fashion, or so emotionally and mentally insecure that you need to follow the madding crowd and be an OMGYANKEEZZZ fan, then you're nothing.

Oh, and I don't care for Jays fans either. Just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean that I need to support a team from a city 3,000 miles away from me, that doesn't care whether my birth or adopted city falls off the map.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You know I still love you Lee. Us fat, bald, big booty lovin' brothas gotta stick together!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You know I still love you Lee. Us fat, bald, big booty lovin' brothas gotta stick together!

Then we can rejoice in the fact that we are both fans of gigantic asses.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I can't stand whiners.

Yankee fans are the worst??? obviously, you guys are dealing with the douchebags who are from Jersey, or anywhere else no where near The Bronx. Because going to 161st and River Ave is AN EXPERIENCE. One that fans of the Royals, Blue Jays and Orioles or any other team for that matter will never know. Not for nothing, you guys all knock Yankee fans because you can't win an arguement. Too freaking bad. Its not the fault of the Yankees or there fans to comfort and coddle the opposing team even though the Yanks are making welfare payments to these clubs.

lol, the point of pretty much everybody who said that Yankee fans are the worst has been proven.

Last year during the NLCS, a Mets fan came up to a scorecard stand at the same time I stopped to check on them, and proceeded to tell us how Cardinals' fans are so much better than Mets fans. He said Mets fans are fareweather and bandwagonneers and some other stuff, but Cards fans are true to their team, respectful of the game and the opposing teams. He said if he hadn't been a Mets fan his whole life he'd be a Cards fan. At the time he said that a group of about 5 or 6 mid-twenties guys in Mets gear came through yelling "Cardinals Suck! Mets Rule!"...the guy turns to me and just says, "Case in point."

I for the most part, don't like the Astros or Cubs or Royals, but as for their fans, I have no problems. The Cards-Cubs was more of a friendly rivalry until Dusty Baker. He's just an antagonistic jerk. With him gone now, it could probably get back to the way it was before. As for the Royals, yeah, I give them crap, joking about being a lower level Minor League team than the Double-A Cardinals team I work for, but it's all in fun. They laugh and joke along, so it's no harm. Haven't really encountered any 'Stros fans, though I heard Jeff Bagwell last week speak highly of Cards fans and his repect for them, and I believe their fans are the same way. Although my cousin moved to Houston last fall and I think he's had a few "encounters" while wearing his Cards gear.

But I can't stand any New York fans period.

I never hated the Cardinals before this year, but living in Cardinals nation has made me loathe the team almost as much as I hate the Cubs. And it is the fans of the Cardinals I hate. While some are knowlegable, most are just arrogant pricks who pick on Royals fans and love to point out that they are the Champions and they only won 83 games. It is Cardinals fans who make me want to go back to best record wins pennant. With that, I hate the Cubs, but not Cubs fans who can at least joke about their team. Every Cubs fan goes "This is the Year" and when I make fun of them for saying that, most good fans laugh. But it is the fans who then go, what's the White Sox attendance like that piss me off. Because we all know that the team that wins the world series is number one in attendance. I can laugh about how we are the bastard brothers of a crappy baseball team that has a fan base full of trash, but you have to have a sense of humor about sucking that long.

My favorite fan base has to be the Royals, who are very knowlageable and know about suffering. The Mets, fill that as well. Also, Tigers fans have some great fans who I love to banter with. The Reds have a strong fan base as well, but are a bit reserved at the ballpark. When I was cheering loudly at GAB last year everyone stared at me like an alien. But most people there keep score, which is cool as hell. I hate Red Sox fans as well, who are just as bad as Yankees fans (which actually don't exist, they live in cities other than New York and think it is cool to like the Yanks.) Red Sox fans sink to the level of Yankees fans, but are loyal as hell and have connections to Boston, so I'll give them a pass.

I'm a Red Sox fan, but there's a god amount of intolerable Red Sox fans, just like there is for any other team. Mostly the band wagoners who became fans after the World Series win or the ones that panic three games into the season like a guy on another message board who went off on Curt Schilling after his terrible Opening Day start about how he's "lost it" and how the Red Sox should try and get rid of him and such but was nowhere to be found when Schilling pitched a gem of a ball game in Texas in his second start.

Now, I'm not going to hate a person or group of people because of what team they cheer for. Not even Yankees fans, but they are, by far, the least tolerable fan base. Maybe it's because I deal with them most and see the worst more often, but I'm not saying it just because they wear an NY on their cap. Good Yankees fans are favorite to talk baseball with. But then there's the front running fans that make up the vast majority of their fan base, who know absolutely nothing about baseball. Just look at how they've handled A-Rod.

I like Cardinals fans for the most part. I went to a Rockies/Cardinals game last year at Coors Field and was able to talk intelligent baseball with a couple of Cardinals fans.

Other than that, I don't have any major opinions on any other teams' fans. If you're loyal and have some idea what you're talking about, I'll like you no matter who you cheer for.

IUe6Hvh.png

The one thing I cannot stand is the October Bandwagoners, playoff comes around and they are wearing one of 8 teams that are in the Division Series. It really bothers me when they come wearing a Diamondbacks hat a week earlier and they come in wearing a Cardinals Cap and saying how they have been fans since whenever when they haven't rooted for them ever. This really bothers me as a Tigers fan who has been a fan since I can remember and has stood by them through 13 losing season and even one 119 loss season. I have earned the right to say Tigers fan since 1986 or born. Not these bandwagoners who think rooting for them are cool since they are now winning

I can't stand whiners.

lol, the point of pretty much everybody who said that Yankee fans are the worst has been proven.

Sellout a game first than make comments about the Yankees.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I can't stand whiners.

Sellout a game first than make comments about the Yankees.

I am pretty sure that is why people hate the Yankees.

I'm sorry if none of you came up with any valid points for hating the Yankees. I'm sorry the New York Yankees were able to win all these championships while those of you who support other teams have to wallow and say "wait till next year."

I'm sorry George Stienbrenner CARES ABOUT HIS TEAM. IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN. You can't blame him, and of course Yankees fans will have a swagger about them. We root for the best team in the greatest city in the world. Now yes, there are posers out there. The ones who can't name there Yankees starting rotation, The ones who leave after the 7th inning. The ones who wouldn't be caught dead at the Stadium before 1994. Yeah, your out there. But the rest of us, who go to the games, are proud of the pinstripes who love the Ballantine Blast shouldn't be grouped with a few morons who probably aren't from New York to begin with.

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived