All Blacks unveil new jerseys

scottyvoodoo

The good news is that the All Blacks' look is pretty much impossible to ruin. The bad news is that Adidas seems to see that as a challenge. But hey, at least the three stripe pattern isn't plastered all over them.

Thankfully that X is only on the "underarmour" compression wear underneath. Was worried for a moment there that they'd put it on the jersey. Even an Aussie like me knows that the All Black jersey is sacred.

liverpool-1.png

Just to let you know, the guy facing the camera, his name is Rodney So'ialo. He plays for the Wellington Hurricanes and anywho, a couple of years ago, he wore eye shadow during a game, so maybe there is a connection there to the manzier or how ever you spell it lol.

so' oilo has his back to us, wearing the x. ma'a nonu is facing us.

that cant be the back of the shirt, it must be a training jersey. it would get in teh way of the numbers.

its not too hot eh? surely the brief is in the team name: allblack.

stop :censored:ing with the jersey.

I remember I once played with a big X on my back too, then again I was the only Yank on a Brit pitch. :D What happened to the days when you didn't need 6 pack abs to wear a rugby jersey? I bet the props love the new jerseys. :lol:

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I remember I once played with a big X on my back too, then again I was the only Yank on a Brit pitch. :D What happened to the days when you didn't need 6 pack abs to wear a rugby jersey? I bet the props love the new jerseys. :lol:

if you look at the jersey on the getty sports images, carl hayman is wearing one. that guy is enormous. hes about a half foot taller than nonu and twice the size of nick evans. looking at the images it seems that disgusting cross might well be on the back of those jerseys. i would be very surprised if its there come match time.

before the last world cup, england unvailed their spandex jersey with white socks. they were susequnetly changed back to navy before the games. no self respecting kiwi would buy that jersey with an x on it.

if you look at the jersey on the getty sports images, carl hayman is wearing one. that guy is enormous. hes about a half foot taller than nonu and twice the size of nick evans. looking at the images it seems that disgusting cross might well be on the back of those jerseys. i would be very surprised if its there come match time.

before the last world cup, england unvailed their spandex jersey with white socks. they were susequnetly changed back to navy before the games. no self respecting kiwi would buy that jersey with an x on it.

Thanks for the heads up. I just looked at the pic of hayman, I guess if you get one big enough it won't look bad. Except for the X on the back. What's next...HIT ME HERE!... :D Oh and how come they didn't show the numbers?? Are they gonna be below the X or are the tops going to cover part of the X??

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

After looking at the pictures on Getty, that cross is not on the jersey it is on the "underarmor" layer. If you look closely they have a picture with So'oialo where the silver "strap" runs on to the front of the shirt he's wearing, which is obvisiously not on the jersey. So I think we are safe.

ManchesterCity_10Sig.png

The away shirt is cool, though looks a lot like fiji with the massive side ferns (looking palm tree-esque) and white with black collar - i guess the home will have the adidas logo moved to the centre below the collar for the world cup and add the wc logo to the right chest...

There's a photo on the All Blacks website showing a guy taking his game jersey off to reveal the X-backed undergarment so I don't think you need to worry too much. If you look closely you'll see that the X extends past the gussets and it'd be visible in the front and side views of the game jersey if it was on them.

liverpool-1.png

There's a photo on the All Blacks website showing a guy taking his game jersey off to reveal the X-backed undergarment so I don't think you need to worry too much.

Well in that case, I take back everything I said. These uniforms are great!

it's a flat-black uniform, I don't see how you can possibly screw it up. the away maybe, but the tight fit would be the only complaint.

and as a former fat prop/lock, tight jerseys suck. it's like watching American football linemen with tight undershirts and the jerseys rolled up, it's just not a good look at all.

can't wait for the world cup, hope we get it on something resembling a mainstream TV channel here in the US.

harperdc.gif

Archived