White Sox Concept

LEWJ

Dude, I LOVE these! I think that ur kinda going down the same road that Cincinatti took with thier new unis, which isnt bad at all. I absolutely love these. I think that to match the number font you should use thier old script. They used a wordmark like that in the 40's or so. I give these an A, because I need to see the road uni first before I give it a plus. But i love these!!

P.S: where did you get that number font? That is some radical stuff

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

wow... :censored: wow!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Dude, I LOVE these! I think that ur kinda going down the same road that Cincinatti took with thier new unis, which isnt bad at all. I absolutely love these. I think that to match the number font you should use thier old script. They used a wordmark like that in the 40's or so. I give these an A, because I need to see the road uni first before I give it a plus. But i love these!!

P.S: where did you get that number font? That is some radical stuff

Thanks a lot man. I love hearing comment like that!

:grin:

As for the number font: I got it from eriqjaffe's font collection [just look in his sig]

Font is called "MLB Tucson"

What's that mean? :therock:

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

These are lovely. I love the blue, and those numbers are top notch.

You always use vertically arched lettering and it always looks so good. But, I love the recolor, and I love that hat. I know its not much different from the current hat, but it just looks great in blue.

Please, please, please use the retro road script (number 2) for the aways. Please.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

It's a great-looking concept, but I just don't think it's better then what they have, for a few reasons.

1) Prior to adopting their current look, the White Sox went through uniforms like candy. They've finally found a solid look that they can call their own, and it would be a wise move for them to keep that look.

2) Despite its popularity as a colour combo, black, white, and silver was absent from MLB until the ChiSox picked it up. Now that they have, they feature a unique colour combo in the majors. To many teams use blue as it is, it would be a shame to see a team with a unique scheme drop it in favour of blue.

3) The Sox' cross-town rivals (a team they're always competing for in terms of civic support) uses blue prominently. That reason alone is enough for the Sox to keep away from blue.

However, I do believe the execution of the concept is an improvement over your previous work, and that alone is worthy of praise, so congrats on that front.

While it looks nice, it just doesn't strike me as something worthy of replacing their current look.

it's a positive compliment. it means i am f'ing amazed by your concept.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

it's a positive compliment. it means i am f'ing amazed by your concept.

Thanks I wasn't sure if u were in awe because of how good it was or, how bad.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The numbers really look out of place to me... I can see the thought behind them, but they don't match the font all that well.

I definitely prefer this color to the black though, and think maybe with a slightly different font, you could really have a winner. Or maybe redo the sox lettering in the same font, where it would match the numbers and the retro road.

this concept rules!

i think a double red version would be awsome. i dont think there is enough teams wearing red in MLB

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I'm sorry...am I missing something?

These are way too bland, the number font sticks out like a sore thumb, and it's just a plain downgrade from what they currently use. It's a nice effort and all, but I just don't see why everyone's praising this concept so much.

i like these as well. it gets away from another team that uses black

I kinda think the Sox are immune from the blacklash, seeing as they've been using this current color scheme since the very early '90s and they weren't one of the dozens of teams that introduced black into their scheme or debuted a black alternate in the mid-90s. At least, I've never heard of anybody taking them to task for the black like fans do with other teams. The Mets, for example.

I kinda think the Sox are immune from the blacklash, seeing as they've been using this current color scheme since the very early '90s and they weren't one of the dozens of teams that introduced black into their scheme or debuted a black alternate in the mid-90s. At least, I've never heard of anybody taking them to task for the black like fans do with other teams. The Mets, for example.

More than that, I think the Sox practically introduced the trend of black to the modern day MLB when making it integral to their identity (especially the alt, which wasn't nearly as common then). Shortly thereafter other teams started "adding" black into their existing identities, with varying success (and hence the backlash). I suppose one could take the Sox to task for imitating the LA Kings, but again at least they made it integral to their look and didn't tack it on to an existing scheme.

LT

edit: I suppose I should give some feedback on the concept! I really like this. It is a different hue of blue than the Cubs use so its passable, and I applaud the use of the old-time font but that manages to remain different enough from the Red Sox. Also, my personal opinion is that I don't like pinstripes, so of course I am partial to this. All that said, the concept probably isn't realistic as I doubt the Sox would change an identity that they won a WS in and that has always been lucrative marketing-wise. Still looks good though!

More than that, I think the Sox practically introduced the trend of black to the modern day MLB when making it integral to their identity (especially the alt, which wasn't nearly as common then). Shortly thereafter other teams started "adding" black into their existing identities, with varying success (and hence the backlash). I suppose one could take the Sox to task for imitating the LA Kings, but again at least they made it integral to their look and didn't tack it on to an existing scheme.

LT

Introduced the trend to MLB, yes. I didn't even think of the Kings, but I've always given the Raiders credit for "making black cool." Even before hip hop stars began wearing the Sox hat, the Raiders were insanely cool. I was in grade school in the late '80s, and Raiders gear was everywhere. And I give the Raiders singlehanded credit for Zubaz' rise to prominence.

Introduced the trend to MLB, yes. I didn't even think of the Kings, but I've always given the Raiders credit for "making black cool." Even before hip hop stars began wearing the Sox hat, the Raiders were insanely cool. I was in grade school in the late '80s, and Raiders gear was everywhere. And I give the Raiders singlehanded credit for Zubaz' rise to prominence.

Point very well taken. While the Kings and Chisox (re)introduced the look to our generation, the Raiders have always been there, still are, and still make black look better than anyone else.

LT

It's a nice looking concept. I'm not a ChiSox fan, but I wouldn't prefer them to switch to it for some of the reasons stated above. But if they didn't go black & silver, this would have been a very nice set.

I like the "CHICAGO" road script, I'd prefer it over their current cursive script on the road greys.

How about incorporating white socks though?

Archived