Winnipeg jets concept

Waffles

I made this for no particular reason and I'm trying out my new website, courtesy of my school. You probably don't need to C/P.

Winnipeg Jets Home Concept

Comments, complaints and (especially) compliments :;): are welcome.

Edit: The file is kinda on the large side, so give it a little time (thanks for bringing it to my attention, puckcool)

While the Jets wordmark is cute, the addition of another blue and gray is unnecessary IMO. I think if the T was topped off better (the little curl doesn't give me closure, for lack of a better expression), it would work better too... and the bottom edges of the letters "ets" should be horizontal. I like how you incorporate the plane, that's cool.

This is a great concept, but does it come to anyone's surprise that I say I like the last jersey they had better? Clean and classy.

I really like your United Waffles logo. That's hilarious! Great work, on this concept and on that logo. Don't take it too hard that I didn't recommend they use it. It's really very nice. I think "Winnipeg" the word could have been incorporated a bit better. But all around a solid concept.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I really like the uniform design and the colors.  I'm lukewarm on the logo (nice design...I'm just not sure it'd work for an NHL team) but all-around, a really sweet jersey.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

hey, finally, it loaded! The logo is very creative, having it look skywritten is a nice touch, as is the swoosh at the bottom of the uniform.

With the old Jets logo on the shoulder, it creates a styles clash in my view, if it wasn't there it would definatly have the retro down. maybe use the old school jets logo istead of the last one they used would work better

nice job. Looks very cleanly executed. I agree with a lot of Sy's comments, so I wont repeat them. But welcome, "n00bie?"

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Off topic a little... but don't you miss the days the Jets would battle the Sharks, and there would be a huge musical fight scene in the middle of the 2nd period?

Ah, those were the days.

Oh, nice concept, by the way, very "throwback." Though I think the final Jets unis were perfection...

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The funny part is I wasn't really going for retro, I was going for a mostly text logo ala the Anaheim third jersey. But now that I look at it, it really screams retro to me. Funny how that works...

Off topic a little... but don't you miss the days the Jets would battle the Sharks, and there would be a huge musical fight scene in the middle of the 2nd period?

Ah, those were the days.

Oh, nice concept, by the way, very "throwback." Though I think the final Jets unis were perfection...

Those games woulda been great, if it wasn't for those stinkin' PRs!

Yes, I'm a Winnipegger who owns the West Side Story DVD.  And in the games I went to, I never heard the "When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way" song...too bad.

Of course, they may have done it at other Jets/Sharks games...but I never heard it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Extremely nice looking uniforms.  I like the 'old school'.  The jersey is sharp.  Good Work! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I agree-great avatar.

The design reminds of the Jets original WHA jerseys--one of the few in the WHA's first year that didn't make me wretch.

So--good job.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived