Although this isnt real, does it look real?

andysoccer12

the jersey looks ok but the numbers dont look very good..they should be flat and firm...those look like there made with a different material or been sent through the wash a few 2 many times

If it is a fake, it's better than 99.9% of the fakes out there.

Slight waves in the numbers aside - and it does happen, bowld, even if it shouldn't; shoddy workmanship is a fact of life at times - everything looks pretty legit. The numbers look to be real 3-layer tackle twill, instead of the painted-on layers seen with the EQT jerseys. All the material looks pretty much right on.

Maybe the huge markdown is because of the poor technique used in applying the numbers... a lot of people would balk at permanent wrinkles on something they forked over $250-300 for, so you can swoop in and grab it on the cheap if you're not averse to the wrinkles.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

So, you're purposely buying a fake? The numbers on that one look really bubbly, and the cuffs look weird. They look just like some fakes a kid at my school has been selling for 30 or 40 dollars. Even though it isn't as bad as most, why would you knowingly buy a fake?

MegatronSig2.jpg

So, you're purposely buying a fake? The numbers on that one look really bubbly, and the cuffs look weird. They look just like some fakes a kid at my school has been selling for 30 or 40 dollars. Even though it isn't as bad as most, why would you knowingly buy a fake?

Because I cant afford, and nor have any desire to pay $300. As long as it is close, that is enough for me.

andysoccer12a.png

Because I cant afford, and nor have any desire to pay $300. As long as it is close, that is enough for me.

unless your nitpicky about every nook and cranny with an authenic,$30 is a good price for something that look pretty decent. most people unless they are jerseyologist aren't going to notice any minor differences with that and pure authentic. if it looks close enough to the real thing, then thats a heck of a bargain and beats paying $300

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

unless your nitpicky about every nook and cranny with an authenic,$30 is a good price for something that look pretty decent. most people unless they are jerseyologist aren't going to notice any minor differences with that and pure authentic. if it looks close enough to the real thing, then thats a heck of a bargain and beats paying $300

Well I got a Ravens jersey from the jerseyguys2005 on ebay for $40 including shipping. It was friggen excellent. I think paying $300 for a jersey is the biggest scam going. But then again I am an adult now with kids, car and house payments so my priorities have changed. But hey if you enjoy pissing away $300 for a $10 piece of cloth made in China by 10 year olds making 30 cents a day, good for you.

I had the jersey on last weekend and went into a sports shop in Baltimore and compared it to the $300 one on the wall. There was no difference. Even the "pro" at the shop thought I bought it there. The fabric, tackle twill, patches, tags, everything was the exact same. Listen I have seen some cheap crap on ebay too...so caveat emptor. And I can't vouch for who you are getting it from. But hey..what are you out $30. It still will look better than that crappy "sorta" real jersey for $100 Reebok is selling on the rack at Model's or Dick's or Sports Authority. And you can tell those "I will only buy authentic" snobs to spend their $300 on their real jerseys...you got $270 in your pocket to spend on the ladies. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Well I got a Ravens jersey from the jerseyguys2005 on ebay for $40 including shipping. It was friggen excellent. I think paying $300 for a jersey is the biggest scam going. But then again I am an adult now with kids, car and house payments so my priorities have changed. But hey if you enjoy pissing away $300 for a $10 piece of cloth made in China by 10 year olds making 30 cents a day, good for you.

I had the jersey on last weekend and went into a sports shop in Baltimore and compared it to the $300 one on the wall. There was no difference. Even the "pro" at the shop thought I bought it there. The fabric, tackle twill, patches, tags, everything was the exact same. Listen I have seen some cheap crap on ebay too...so caveat emptor. And I can't vouch for who you are getting it from. But hey..what are you out $30. It still will look better than that crappy "sorta" real jersey for $100 Reebok is selling on the rack at Model's or Dick's or Sports Authority. And you can tell those "I will only buy authentic" snobs to spend their $300 on their real jerseys...you got $270 in your pocket to spend on the ladies. :D

Yeah, I am a little bit of a jersey addict. The most I have spent on a jersey was $150 for authentics, because I wait until reebok has a 40% off sale. Some fakes are horrible and I can't believe people wear them. Some of the fake NFL authentics aren't far off, and aren't too noticable to most people. But, since I am really into jerseys, I can usually tell. I guess it is up to you what you want to wear, but personally, I would rather have even a regular replica than a fake. That is just me though, I am not going to tell you how to spend your money.

MegatronSig2.jpg

You should just get an EQT.

EQTs look fine if the team has single-layer numbers, like the Giants, Browns or Packers. But as teams have tweaked their designs to include single outlines, double outlines, drop shadowing and everything else to stand out from the herd, the EQTs look worse and worse. All of the detail work in the numbers winds up looking really bad if you get anywhere close to the jersey.

There's no way I'm forking over $300 for a gamer. I was OK spending $200 for the real deal, and there are still places where you can get authentic gear at somewhat reasonable prices. (I got a Jevon Kearse 2 seasons ago for less than $250 after careful scrutiny of sales and dozens of stores and online sites - it may have been a Reebok sale, I can't remember.) But the escalation of prices to the neighborhood of $300 is obscene. I can find a decent suit that I'll wear for years for that kind of money, and I can't justify forking over 3 hundies for something I put on every Sunday for a few months when I've got so much else that money can go toward paying.

As is the standard warning with all things eBay, beware. For every decent looking jersey that was made with serious attention to detail, there are 20 hideously bad attempts at making decent merchandise. Most folks just don't care. But if you do your research - and it looks like andysoccer did - you can unearth some gems. This one may not be authentic to the point of perfection, but it's passing muster within this community, so you know it'll pass muster in 99.999% of the world at large.

Go for it, dude...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

it would fool me.

Are you sure that that's not the NFL players union logo?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You should just get an EQT.

EQTs look fine if the team has single-layer numbers, like the Giants, Browns or Packers. But as teams have tweaked their designs to include single outlines, double outlines, drop shadowing and everything else to stand out from the herd, the EQTs look worse and worse. All of the detail work in the numbers winds up looking really bad if you get anywhere close to the jersey.

There's no way I'm forking over $300 for a gamer. I was OK spending $200 for the real deal, and there are still places where you can get authentic gear at somewhat reasonable prices. (I got a Jevon Kearse 2 seasons ago for less than $250 after careful scrutiny of sales and dozens of stores and online sites - it may have been a Reebok sale, I can't remember.) But the escalation of prices to the neighborhood of $300 is obscene. I can find a decent suit that I'll wear for years for that kind of money, and I can't justify forking over 3 hundies for something I put on every Sunday for a few months when I've got so much else that money can go toward paying.

As is the standard warning with all things eBay, beware. For every decent looking jersey that was made with serious attention to detail, there are 20 hideously bad attempts at making decent merchandise. Most folks just don't care. But if you do your research - and it looks like andysoccer did - you can unearth some gems. This one may not be authentic to the point of perfection, but it's passing muster within this community, so you know it'll pass muster in 99.999% of the world at large.

Go for it, dude...

yeah like this beauty i found:

c904_1_sbl.JPG

there are somethings that are plain obvious. so yes you are correct in doing your research.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If anyone pays $300+ for a jersey, they are a fool. If anyone shells out $30 for a fake, they are a fool as well.

Over at NLT, almost no one shells out that kind of money for a jersey. If you look a little harder on eBay, you can definitely find a reasonably priced authentic ($150 or less). NLT also has numerous links to sites that sell official authentic jerseys for much cheaper than the NFL.com store does.

Unfortunately, NFL jerseys aren't made like they used to be. Buy vintage (pre NFL Equipment/Reebok); you'll get far better quality.

Archived