If the Predators move to Hamilton....

Lalalaloser

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will probably change it. Isn't the 'Nashville Predators' name due to the discovery of fossils of some type in the Nashville area?

Yes, on the site where they were digging up the arena.

Kennedy: Right. Fonz: Wrong

They did find several sabre-toothed tiger fossils while building in downtown Nashville, but it was not during excavation for the (now) Sommet Center. I'll have to find more info, but I believe the find happened back in the 70's when one of the downtown buildings was going up.

Also, the Preds are not moving to Hamilton...yet. There is an exit clause in the current lease agreement with the City of Nashville, but that is only effective if the Preds don't average 14,000 fans per game. Well, right now sales look good.

The owner said he's definetly wanting to move them there. So, its not exactly confirmed, but it will happen if the time comes.

Jim Balsillie isn't the owner yet.

Whoops. There's a way to misinterpret things.

A few links about it all:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=210671&hubname=

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...query=predators

As I mentioned in another thread, at the very least a new color scheme is a foregone conclusion if the team ends up in Hamilton, as the Preds' current scheme is too much like that of the nearby Buffalo Sabres. For the same reason with respect to their other would-be new neighbors, the Leafs and Wings, I'm thinking they'd avoid both blue and red as their major color.

As for a new nickname, how about the Hamilton Pilots? I have ship pilots in mind, rather than airplane pilots (a Pilots logo could be something along the lines of the Peoria Rivermen logo) although either one would work.

CCSLC signature.png

Also, the Preds are not moving to Hamilton...yet. There is an exit clause in the current lease agreement with the City of Nashville, but that is only effective if the Preds don't average 14,000 fans per game. Well, right now sales look good.

But what if the owner wants to move so bad that he loads the roster with a bunch of washed up players and guys no one has ever heard of in order to drive away fans?

They will probably change it. Isn't the 'Nashville Predators' name due to the discovery of fossils of some type in the Nashville area?

Yes, on the site where they were digging up the arena.

Ya, needs stripes.

I say they're gonna keep using the saber-tooth tiger in Hamilton.

I doubt they use the Sabres colors and mascot 70 miles away from here. Even if they try to, Golisano will probably attempt to block it.

saBS.png

In the event that Mr. Balsillie wanted to maintain the Predators' sabretooth tiger mascot, the strange coincidence would be that said mascot would be vaguely reminiscent of the brands of two nearby professional sports franchises: the Buffalo Sabres and the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Does that mean we get to see a Tiger-Slug logo?

TigerSlug.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

But what if the owner wants to move so bad that he loads the roster with a bunch of washed up players and guys no one has ever heard of in order to drive away fans?

As long as this woman isn't involved...

phelps.jpg

Most these guys I've never heard of...and the ones I have are way past their prime.

Most of these guys never had a prime.

This guy here is DEAD!

What's the Hamilton Arena look like????

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived