If the Predators move to Hamilton....

Lalalaloser

I also see no reason to do it in any instance. And in this case, since Ontario is already represented by not one but two teams, there is a substantial reason not to do it.

My reason for naming them Ontario is simply because it sounds better.

Kitchener-Waterloo Somethings

Kitchener-Waterloo-Hamilton Somethings

Southern Ontario Somethings

Sex-Cities Somethings

etc.

Hamilton Somethings is the only city name that would work, in my opinion, the rest of the cities up for consideration are too dependent on their collective power with surrounding cities

Well if they end up staying in Hamilton, I say keep the "Hamilton" name. If they end up in the Kitchener-Waterloo/Cambridge area what about "Tri-City"? That's the informal nickname given to the Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge area anyway.

I was thinking about that.... if they did that, shouldn't they find a way to be affiliated with the new Quad-Cities AHL team? ^_^

Sounds like a plan to me. They could call the umbrella organization "7 Cities Sports & Entertainment."

^_^

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! So much ground to cover.

As far as finding a name/location, people have refered to South Ontario, but we used to refer to South-Western Ontario. SWO has a ring to it...

I never cared for Quad-City, Tri-City, etc...

My understanding of the land transaction in Waterloo was that it's for a RIM facility.

Toronto Waterfront? We're quite involved with the Waterfornt properties here at the office, and this is the first I've heard of it. Pretty much all buildable land is spoken for by now.

The one area of the city that is still talking about Sports Facility is Downsview Park, but that would require serious compensation between Balsillie and the Toronto Maple Leafs. But I don't put it past him, given that the only thing larger than his wallet is his ego.

On the Buffalo topic, as much as I respect the organization for "turning it around" in the last few years, I've always been against protectionism. What if a new team in the area actually brings out a healthy rivalry that actually boost the Western New York's fans affection for their team.

My vote goes to Hamilton, for the Hamilton Predators, in Ti-Cats colours.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Especially the Sabres who can't make a profit as it is (they could've won the cup and been lucky to break even. They sold out all their games too. But it just shows how important corporate support is and why Nashville is struggling

Nashville is struggling because of a lack of corporate support, true, but also because of a marked lack of fan support.

Especially the Sabres who can't make a profit as it is (they could've won the cup and been lucky to break even. They sold out all their games too. But it just shows how important corporate support is and why Nashville is struggling

Nashville is struggling because of a lack of corporate support, true, but also because of a marked lack of fan support.

Well if they can sell out games on a regular basis or even come close to it then we wouldn't have to call them out for their lack of fan support! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

WOW..CC97 and Icecap79 both agree with me on the Ontario thing. The world will end soon. :D

A question for Icecap and CC...does that region of Ontario have a nickname? My wife's has family in St. Catharines and Welland, and I though that area was called the Niagara region. But I didn't know if the H-K-W-G-C area had a regional name? If that was the case perhaps that could be used.

Oh...and why is Milwaukee never mentioned in the "move to cities" list. Just curious.

Oh and IIRC there was a team called the Quebec Nordiques...not Quebec City Nordiques, and there was another team in Quebec at the time too. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Oh and IIRC there was a team called the Quebec Nordiques...not Quebec City Nordiques, and there was another team in Quebec at the time too. :D

The city is just Quebec. Teams aren't called the New York City Knicks, Mets, Rangers and Yankees.

A question for Icecap and CC...does that region of Ontario have a nickname?

Well Kitchener-Waterloo/Cambridge are known as the Try-Cities.

The entire region, however, is known as the Golden Horseshoe.

The Golden Horseshoe goes Oshawa-Toronto-Hamilton-Niagara Falls, I'm not sure if Kitchener falls into that.

I've never heard Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge referred to as the Tri-Cities, not until you said it... from 'round these parts it's just "Kitchener-Waterloo area"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Oh...and why is Milwaukee never mentioned in the "move to cities" list. Just curious.

Milwaukee has serious venue issues. The Bradley Center is almost 20 years old, too old for a new team, with no replacement in sight. The Bradley Center was originally built in the hopes of securing an NHL franchise, but they never actually put it together.

Too bad, because I would have loved to see the Admirals make the jump to the majors. :cry:

The Golden Horseshoes?

(Icecap79 @ Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 - 15:50:02) *

(gueman @ Tuesday, June 19th, 2007 - 15:36:55) *

The Golden Horseshoe goes Oshawa-Toronto-Hamilton-Niagara Falls, I'm not sure if Kitchener falls into that.

I've never heard Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge referred to as the Tri-Cities, not until you said it... from 'round these parts it's just "Kitchener-Waterloo area"

Thanks...for jogging my memory. Well I would stay away from Golden anything.

Milwaukee has serious venue issues. The Bradley Center is almost 20 years old, too old for a new team, with no replacement in sight. The Bradley Center was originally built in the hopes of securing an NHL franchise, but they never actually put it together.

It's been 20 years. WOW! See that is the bigger issue here. A 20 year old facility is not good enough

anymore. Lemmy guess...it lacks the all important suites? I know that teams say they can't compete with out them. But hey...we have had a sports facility boom since Camden Yards in '93...and guess what. The teams that are poorly run still suck. Yea...it is a real civic pride booster to have a cool new building. And some do need to be replaced. But a 20 years should not make a place out dated.... End of Rant!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think Madison, WI would be perfect for a team. Great facility in the Kohl Center, they back up the Badgers, and they could the NHL's darkhorse market. Much like an Oklahoma City.

But could a hockey team play with 2 left wingers? I don't think they would let a right winger in Madison. :D

Oh and as I was corrected today I think it is just Oklahoma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City Teams aren't called the New York City Knicks, Mets, Rangers and Yankees. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Kitchener's kind of on the boundary. Depending on how you want to use the term, K-W/C may or may not be in the Golden Horseshoe.

Really, you've never heard the term Tri-Cities? Must be a local thing. Still, if the team ended up playing in Cambridge, "Tri-City" would IMO be the best option for the name. It would help make the team K-W/C's own.

The city is just Quebec. Teams aren't called the New York City Knicks, Mets, Rangers and Yankees.

depends what sounds better

Kansas City Royals > Kansas Royals

Really, you've never heard the term Tri-Cities? Must be a local thing. Still, if the team ended up playing in Cambridge, "Tri-City" would IMO be the best option for the name. It would help make the team K-W/C's own.

I don't know. I think people in Washington State (or many other places that presumably use "Tri-City" or "Tri-Cities") would be extremely confused in thinking they have an NHL team....

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived