Columbus Blue Jackets new Uniforms

jkrdevil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the photo, or did the US men's team actually use royal back in 1994? It's funny that we collectively whine when teams use navy instead of royal, but the US team appears to have worn royal over navy. This is problematic, as the US flag's blue is navy. If ever a team should use navy, it would be the US national teams.

But then again, 1994 was a crazy time in the world.

If memory serves me correctly you can thank Ebod for this he was working at nike/bauer in 96 when USA switched from royal to navy... and i believe he used the flag as a reference..,

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Columbus did a good job here. They used the 3rd jersey logo which was far superior. The kept the basic 3rd jersey design which was one of the nicer designs in the league. The got rid of the black which didn't really fit with the color scheme.

Personally I don't mind the font they use. It's not the standard, but I always thought it fit in well with the team name and identity and such.

Am I the only one who liked the CBJ logo?

Oh well - I also loved the Gretzky-"era" Blues' uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am not saying they look bad; they are an improvement over what they had, but does anybody other than me notice a resemblance to the Wild jerseys?

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

I am not saying they look bad; they are an improvement over what they had, but does anybody other than me notice a resemblance to the Wild jerseys?

Well the Wild are probably switching to a jersey design reminiscent of their vintage-style throwbacks, so the Jackets' uniform similarities shouldn't be a problem.

Well the Wild are probably switching to a jersey design reminiscent of their vintage-style throwbacks, so the Jackets' uniform similarities shouldn't be a problem.

Yes that is true, but my point is: everybody should not get to excited about non-original uniforms.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

In my opinion, people should get excited about every good uniform.

I couldn't care less if it bears some resemblance to a uniform they once wore, or was once worn by another team. If the design is good, if it's an upgrade to their look, we ought to praise them for it.

When the White Sox finally stopped their uniform-go-round on "Good Guys Wear Black," they did the right thing. That it was an old design of theirs, and that it had been heavily influenced by the Yankees, had no real bearing on it. It was a great design and a solid upgrade, and that's all that matters to me.

Archived