Columbus Blue Jackets new Uniforms

jkrdevil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erg... on first look, I want to like them. But...

- Kept the same numbers, the worst thing about the old jerseys.

- Kept the same name font. Meh.

- Lost the unique factor of the "rib stripes," but that's minor.

- The sleeve stripe tapering is weird.

I suppose most of it's rather minor, but it keeps it from being great.

Plus, count me among those who would like to see the electric green used a small bit as an accent color.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well there is no vertical stripes up the side of the uniforms which I think the main fears were. This type of vertical stripes have been in hockey for years including the previous Columbus Blue Jackets uniforms.

No question that would have been worse, IMO. But as you say, the vertical stripes have been in hockey for years. I like the originals in Philly, but overall, I'm just tired of them. Just my own pet peeve... :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

The only things I dont like are they should have 3 stars on the arm like their past jersey, and the bottom stripes should be thicker. Other than that I like them.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

When I was sitting in the stands watching the unveiling, which was extremely positive, I heard a few people ask why there was only one star. It really doesn't make sense why they chose just one star that you won't even be able to see.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nice jerseys. Very Amercian, the finished look is very crisp and clean and a HUGE improvement over their old logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Those will look great on the players.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

- Kept the same numbers, the worst thing about the old jerseys.

- Kept the same name font. Meh.

I suppose most of it's rather minor, but it keeps it from being great.

Plus, count me among those who would like to see the electric green used a small bit as an accent color.

Thank God I'm not the only one with good taste here... :hockeysmiley:

This encapsulates everything that is STILL wrong with the Jackets' look. I am not saying it's not a significant upgrade, but everyone is fawning all over a markedly flawed design. They fixed a few things that were wrong (black/navy, the overwrought CBJ mishap) but until they get rid of the worst player name font of any team in the 4 major sports, and realize that Copperplate is a minor-league font at best, I can't give the uniform anything resembling my enthusiastic full support.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I always thought they had really nice jerseys anyway...now there is no way for me to not like them!! Amazing job...I will probably need to buy one to go along with me other two...(dark with the bug and dark with the star/cap)

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Nice jerseys. Very Amercian, the finished look is very crisp and clean and a HUGE improvement over their old logo.

Of course the damn thing looks "Very American"...

JerseyWhiteFull.jpg

...because I have seen those BlueJackets jersey before, 13 years ago at the Lillehammer Winter Olympics in 1994 - when America wore them already!

The only thing missing is the Reebok logo on the shoulders, and you know very well Reebok wanted it there that big this time around too!

USA1994.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Is it the photo, or did the US men's team actually use royal back in 1994? It's funny that we collectively whine when teams use navy instead of royal, but the US team appears to have worn royal over navy. This is problematic, as the US flag's blue is navy. If ever a team should use navy, it would be the US national teams.

But then again, 1994 was a crazy time in the world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived