Columbus Blue Jackets new Uniforms

jkrdevil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the draft earlier, then left. To be honest the only reason I went to it was to see these in person. I said I'd be happy if they went with a white version of their 3rd jersey and that's what they did. They look sharp in person, that's for sure

Pros: kept the same number/name font, CBJ logo is completely gone, and it looks like the third jersey, no "rib" stripes.

Cons: the goofy "swerves" of the sleeve stripes, only one star on the sleeve and it gets hidden by the gloves, those slim waist stripes which could be larger and more defined.

I wasn't a fan of how tight these looked. They looked alot looser at the allstar game, and Jody Shelly, the model, looked incredibly uncomfortable in his jersey. I forsee that players will order larger sizes to offset the tightness of the jersey and we'll be back where we started.

p.s. the pants are still red, and the socks are the same striping scheme as they've always been.

p.p.s. I can confirm that the new wordmark on the website is actually the new wordmark.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like them, but two things about it bug the hell outta me...

1. The sleeve stripes taper to the end where they become incredibly skinny.

2. There is practically no striping whatsoever along the bottom of the jersey. It makes the white jersey look WAY more plain than they ought to.

A mild thumbs up.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Kudos to the NHL makeover at this point.

The Blue Jackets did the right thing and eliminated that awful CB logo. However, I still think this image

FlagOhio-1.gif

on the jersey would make a stronger statement than the hyper swooshing flag and elongated star.

Other than the lack of much at the bottom of the jerseys, I'm extremely impressed. I'd give an A...maybe an A-.

Just like has already been said, they did pretty much exactly what they should have done.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

WOW. Those are really, really something. First I loved the Bruins' black jersey, now the Jackets have released the perfect blue jersey for themselves. This redesign is going far better than I could have ever expected. As someone that does customizing, it's nice to see they're keeping with twill instead of the heat press stuff that MLB does on BP jerseys. Well done so far, RBK and NHL.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

My only beef -- and it's minor -- is the vertical striping, which I think has been beaten to death in the NHL. But overall, these are winners.

Well there is no vertical stripes up the side of the uniforms which I think the main fears were. This type of vertical stripes have been in hockey for years including the previous Columbus Blue Jackets uniforms.

Fantastic, I'm glad they kept the main idea of the 3rd jersey and modified it a bit.

The only question I have is why is there only 1 star on each sleeve instead of 3? 3 would have been better.

Archived